WDW's 50th Celebration…Who's going??

My Disney buddy and I both turn 50 in 2021. We are going to WDW in October 2021 and then following up with a Disney cruise! Hope they start announcing things soon.

Definitely will be going November 2021, so I'm guessing that'll be a safe bet on experiencing some form of the celebration. Can't wait!

Already saving up to try to get there in Feb. 2022 - can't wait to experience all of the new attractions that will be open at that time. And if we win the lotto between now and then, we're hoping to buy DVC and stay deluxe on property for the first time ever. :)

I think we're planning on going Sept 24-Oct 3, hoping there's lots going on during that time. We know
Oct 1 will be crazy but we've just got to be there! Can't wait!!!

We are thinking about going the beginning of June 2021. Hoping it begins a few months early.

If it works like DL's 50th and 60th, it'll probbaly kickoff around Memorial Day 2021 and run through Labor Day 2022. For DL 60th, it also meant reduced Halloween and Holiday decorations during that time. MK will almost certainly hit capacity restrictions on OCt. 1.

And, IMHO, that's a minimum, because WDW is more a destination location, I wouldn't be surprised if they may it even longer.

If it works like DL's 50th and 60th, it'll probbaly kickoff around Memorial Day 2021 and run through Labor Day 2022. For DL 60th, it also meant reduced Halloween and Holiday decorations during that time. MK will almost certainly hit capacity restrictions on OCt. 1.

And, IMHO, that's a minimum, because WDW is more a destination location, I wouldn't be surprised if they may it even longer.
We might delay it a month if it is announced that Tron or the Galaxy Rewind rides will open in July.

Just got DH to agree to going during Spring break 2022. I'd rather go when kids are in school, but in 2022, our son will probably be too old to pull out of school. Besides, we learned in January 2018 that even the "quiet" times of the year can get hectic. We saw huge groups of high schools students on break from South America.
We were in DL in Oct 2015, and got to see the 60th Anniversary decorations. It seemed low key, but DL is much more low key than WDW.

ill be there sept 26 - oct 3! dates are flexible tho as they announce events and promos cuz we be driving this time :)
Ooo Im driving too! I love the drive, its such an exciting lead up to the trip. How long is your drive?

We're probably going sometime in mid-May 2021, depending on the crowds and openings of the attractions. We're trying to balance having most of the new attractions open while not having as much of the crowds.

It seems like Cosmic Rewind and Tron SHOULD be open by then, but we'll certainly know more as the year goes on. :)

Ooo Im driving too! I love the drive, its such an exciting lead up to the trip. How long is your drive?
we will be coming from Ontario, Canada so it says it takes roughly 19 - 20 hours. We are gonna drive straight through, no overnight stays :) my fiance has driven to Vancouver and back so long road trips don't intimidate us. This will be our first time driving down and I am looking forward to it!

Next year I plan to do another Disney Double Header doing the same dates as last year, so that means I'll be there on October 1st.
I was in DL for the 60th in September and there was plenty going on, I went a bit mad on the merch too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!