We’re all going on a Summer Holiday to the Disney Parks -WISH July Lifestyle/Challenge

QOTD: What a fabulous question! This time next year... I will have just recently returned from my hiking/knitting tour of Shetland Scotland (with some add on time in London). I will be svelte and healthy and will be wearing really cute clothing, including a couple sweaters that I've knit myself (not wearing both at the same time though...).

Tomorrowland: I do like Tomorrowland. My favorite ride is People Mover... my favorite time to ride is in the evening while the sun is setting and the dance party is going on down below. Watching Mr Incredible dance just cracks me up. My least favorite ride is probably CoP, for some reason it creeps me out. I rarely ride SM, as I'm always afraid I'm not going to be able to get in/out of those stupid little cars, and I don't enjoy the ride itself enough to go thru those moments of intense stress. I will do it every 5th or 6th trip though, just for the nostalgic factor of having ridden it with my Niece... I think I've shared the tennis elbow story before.

Went out to dinner last evening and had my one cocktail for the week - white sangria, which was so good and refreshing. I've also had my one dessert for the week - an iced chai drink, which I'd been craving but which really didn't taste all that great, so I'm glad to have gotten it out of the way. I got 10,000 steps again yesterday, so I'm on a roll.

Last edited:
Got 16 minutes of walking yesterday but kept getting not responding from my computer when I tried to get on to post.

This time next year I will

have lost some weight and be doing light exercise at least 4-5 days a week.

Bonus Question: Do you like Tomorrowland do you have a favourite ride?

I loved the people mover when I was able to go on it back in either 87 or 95 in Disneyland ( might have been on both trips) and was extremely disappointed that it was under refurbishment for our trip to DisneyWorld in 10. I also like the C or Progress.

Happy Belated Birthday @piglet1979 !!!

Belated woohoo - the scale is back to where it was before I left. Just as suspected, it wasn't a "real" gain. Last week was performance week at the gym. I am proud of my 500m row time - 1:40! I mean there are plenty of people waaaay better than me, but insane to see that and remember when I could barely do 100m in 35 seconds.

QOTD: This time next year I will ....... Fill in the blank on what you will have achieved on your healthy journey at that time.

Great question!!!

This time next year, I will still have an exercise routine that I am sticking to and will not have gained back what I've lost!

Big Buzz fan here. I know it's dated and could use a bit of an update, but DH and I have sooooo much fun competing on that ride!

QOTD: This time next year I will ....... Fill in the blank on what you will have achieved on your healthy journey at that time.

This time next year I will be at least 10kg lighter, active most days of the week, feeling healthier.

At DL Tomorrowland the only one I have been too - it really just feels like it needs a big overhaul to me. My favourite ride there is probably Star Tours - but I could only ride it a couple of times this last trip as those rides overwhelmed my sensory system on our trip (same for the ones at Universal Studios).

I will have solid workout routine and will feel fitter. I will be the weight I am now +-3kg. It's wide range, but i am happy with it.

I don't think its that big of a range at all really considering us females fluctuate easily - and the most important thing is that you are happy/satisfied in that range :-)

QOTD: This time next year I will....not have gained back the weight that I'm working so hard to lose. That's my biggest fear is that I'll go through this whole process then give up on the work of maintaining once I've reached my goal.

Yes - that is a big fear for many of us I think - I have realised that this change can't be a short term goal but we have to make changes that we can consistently maintain for a lifetime really.

Tomorrowland is okay for me. It's just funny because it's supposed to feel so futuristic but it definitely just feels like what people in the 80s thought the future would be like :P

YES! But given our advances in technology this really is a land that needs regular updating to continue to feel futuristic.

This time next year I want to be down 20 pounds and look great for our cruise.

Great goal - there is nothing like feeling confident in yourself to help you enjoy a holiday :-)

This time next year... I will have just recently returned from my hiking/knitting tour of Shetland Scotland (with some add on time in London). I will be svelte and healthy and will be wearing really cute clothing, including a couple sweaters that I've knit myself (not wearing both at the same time though...).

That sounds like an awesome trip - we can't wait to see a pic of you from the trip looking fabulous rocking some of our sweaters :-)

Went out to dinner last evening and had my one cocktail for the week - white sangria, which was so good and refreshing. I've also had my one dessert for the week - an iced chai drink, which I'd been craving but which really didn't taste all that great, so I'm glad to have gotten it out of the way. I got 10,000 steps again yesterday, so I'm on a roll.

You are doing really well this month - be proud of your achievements :-)

have lost some weight and be doing light exercise at least 4-5 days a week.

A completely doable goal - one I am sure you will achieve :-)

This time next year, I will still have an exercise routine that I am sticking to and will not have gained back what I've lost!

You know you seem just so committed to your exercise lately that I am sure you will be doing this next year :-)

I loved reading all of your glimpses into this time next year .... what I really liked is that they are all things that we can achieve and hopefully we can all still be on here/come back here to celebrate our achievement of them :cheer2:

Well here we are its Friday and we are headed into the last weekend of the month - wow where did July go?!

So as we are getting closer to the end of our summer Disney Parks holiday ... for the next few days do you plan to ....

sit on the kerb, relax and watch the parade go by ....

or are you going to get every last bit out of your month hitting those rides with a plan to help you make the most of it?

What are your plans for the weekend?​

I just watched DS13 perform in a drama competition with some other students from his school. They did a series of comedy skits related to social media - they were pretty funny - DS played SnapChat! lol he does love to talk that one of mine so pretty good casting there ;). There were some really good performances from kids around the coast representing their schools.

What are your plans for the weekend?

I have nothing special on this weekend - kids sport, housework etc. I plan to keep on track with homemade meals this weekend - I will also try to fit in some activity - maybe a walk.

Well here we are its Friday and we are headed into the last weekend of the month - wow where did July go?!​
Wow that is crazy to think about! July has definitely flown by. But as soon as it's August I can say "I'm going to Disney THIS MONTH!" And I'm pretty jazzed about that :)

or are you going to get every last bit out of your month hitting those rides with a plan to help you make the most of it?
What are your plans for the weekend?

Mine will probably be a mix. My DH is out of town this weekend so I'm having some friends over tomorrow which means that I need to super clean my house, as well as take care of the yard since DH usually does that on the weekends. So that will be my go-go-go time. But the friends are coming over for a spa night so that will be relaxing. And of course I'll have to take some time to sit and watch Game of Thrones on Sunday :)

QOTD: For the rest of the month I'm going to focus on keeping my step count up... which leads right in to weekend plans. Saturday morning I'm planning on going down to the beach for a good long walk. I have a hair appointment mid-day, so that means sticking pretty close to home. I didn't see Dunkirk last weekend: its playing in the local movie theater and there's an afternoon show time that matches up to my appointment pretty well, so that might be on the list as well. Sunday I'm contemplating taking the ferry across the sound to go to a real nice yarn shop, but I need to research a bit for options to take a walk before I decide for sure.

The rest of the year is shaping up nicely. In August I'm taking a week off and will be heading down to Portland for the block printing class, then head over to the Washington coast for a couple days. September I have the trip to Nashville, and later in the month my Niece is getting married. Nothing planned for October yet, but in November there's a local knitting convention, and the trip to WDW. Then for Christmas we've rented a cabin up in the mountains, just outside a really cute town that's all done up Bavarian style. Hopefully that will be a different enough way to celebrate Christmas that it will help my Sister cope, as we'll be coming up on the anniversary of my SIL's passing.

Hope all have a wonderful weekend.

Well, bit of both! I went out for meal yesterday and meeting a friend I met on Disney Theme park discussion forums for drink and bite to eat!
I will hit the gym Saturday and Sunday, and who knows maybe even Tuesday before holiday

This month went well for me to be honest. The scale was up after California, and down in few weeks. I don't set up monthly goals anymore but I feel the goal to remain on top of things was 100% achieved

Last edited:
I'm not at goal yet this month, so at some point I need to get one more workout in. I'm thinking Sunday morning so DH can come with me. It's fun to compete LOL The weight goal isn't happening as quickly as hoped for. Long term, I am hoping to be there at least by Labor Day and then to my final weight goal (another 10lbs after that) by my birthday in January. That or I would take being down one more pants size. SHOULD be doable.... as long as I don't let the holidays get the better of me!

Otherwise, tonight I am going to a play (Sweeny Todd!) with a friend. Saturday I need to do a little shopping for our big Disney trip in 9 days! :woohoo: And Sunday I'm thinking will be a beach day. Definitely looking forward to work being over today Haha!

Hello, dearies!

Hmm.. This time next year--things will be clearer. By that I mean there's a lot of stuff up in the air right now for what happens next after my husband retires next June. He wants to apply to medical school, and depending on which schools he can get into, there may be moves and changes and it's something I just can't know right now. It's tough being in limbo, especially when I have to spin it positively for the kiddos, but a year from now, there should be some answers that I don't have now, and that's something I'm really looking forward to.

Honestly, I've never liked Tomorrowland, but they do have a cool dance-party right at closing time that I noticed when we were there last month. I don't know HOW anyone has the energy to dance at the end of a long day in the Florida sun, but people were doing it!

For the rest of the month I will DEFINITELY be "just watching the parade go by." We have been taking things slow since we got back from the trip, and while I find it boring, it's good for DD13. When people have trouble understanding our family's life, I ask them to read the poem "Welcome to Holland." In a nutshell, it is an analogy for the slower life required when you have someone in your family who has special needs. Most often people associate it with autism, but it is good for a lot of different conditions. At this point we are a "Dutch" family, and we are on a "Dutch" schedule. It's frustrating at times, but it's what's healthiest for the time being. Ironically, today we are going to IKEA, which is not a Dutch company, but close enough to be funny in my mind.

Wow that is crazy to think about! July has definitely flown by. But as soon as it's August I can say "I'm going to Disney THIS MONTH!" And I'm pretty jazzed about that :)

Well that is definitely something to be excited about!

Mine will probably be a mix. My DH is out of town this weekend so I'm having some friends over tomorrow which means that I need to super clean my house, as well as take care of the yard since DH usually does that on the weekends. So that will be my go-go-go time. But the friends are coming over for a spa night so that will be relaxing. And of course I'll have to take some time to sit and watch Game of Thrones on Sunday :)

A spa night with friends sounds amazing.

QOTD: For the rest of the month I'm going to focus on keeping my step count up... which leads right in to weekend plans. Saturday morning I'm planning on going down to the beach for a good long walk. I have a hair appointment mid-day, so that means sticking pretty close to home. I didn't see Dunkirk last weekend: its playing in the local movie theater and there's an afternoon show time that matches up to my appointment pretty well, so that might be on the list as well. Sunday I'm contemplating taking the ferry across the sound to go to a real nice yarn shop, but I need to research a bit for options to take a walk before I decide for sure.

That sounds like a great mix of things for the weekend :-)

The rest of the year is shaping up nicely. In August I'm taking a week off and will be heading down to Portland for the block printing class, then head over to the Washington coast for a couple days. September I have the trip to Nashville, and later in the month my Niece is getting married. Nothing planned for October yet, but in November there's a local knitting convention, and the trip to WDW. Then for Christmas we've rented a cabin up in the mountains, just outside a really cute town that's all done up Bavarian style. Hopefully that will be a different enough way to celebrate Christmas that it will help my Sister cope, as we'll be coming up on the anniversary of my SIL's passing

I love how you have lots of little trips all the time - just enough to take you out of the usual routine and see the country whilst including your special interests. the cabin sounds nice - I hope it helps somewhat for your sister - but no matter what that is always going to be a difficult time of year :hug:

Well, bit of both! I went out for meal yesterday and meeting a friend I met on Disney Theme park discussion forums for drink and bite to eat!
I will hit the gym Saturday and Sunday, and who knows maybe even Tuesday before holiday

Sounds like that is shaping up to be a good weekend - enjoy your Dis catchup :-)

I'm not at goal yet this month, so at some point I need to get one more workout in. I'm thinking Sunday morning so DH can come with me. It's fun to compete LOL The weight goal isn't happening as quickly as hoped for. Long term, I am hoping to be there at least by Labor Day and then to my final weight goal (another 10lbs after that) by my birthday in January. That or I would take being down one more pants size. SHOULD be doable.... as long as I don't let the holidays get the better of me!

Enjoy that workout! Imagine yourself in those smaller pants to help you push through the harder/tempting times.

Otherwise, tonight I am going to a play (Sweeny Todd!) with a friend. Saturday I need to do a little shopping for our big Disney trip in 9 days! :woohoo: And Sunday I'm thinking will be a beach day. Definitely looking forward to work being over today Haha!

Yes - I was happy to be out the door of work on Friday as well. A play, shopping and the beach! Sounds wonderful :-)

Hmm.. This time next year--things will be clearer. By that I mean there's a lot of stuff up in the air right now for what happens next after my husband retires next June. He wants to apply to medical school, and depending on which schools he can get into, there may be moves and changes and it's something I just can't know right now. It's tough being in limbo, especially when I have to spin it positively for the kiddos, but a year from now, there should be some answers that I don't have now, and that's something I'm really looking forward to.

Well that is a lot of unknown - Med School wow - so some exciting changes ahead also :-)

Happy Belated Birthday @piglet1979 !!!

Not belated yet. It is tomorrow so you are early. But thank you!

Well here we are its Friday and we are headed into the last weekend of the month - wow where did July go?!

So as we are getting closer to the end of our summer Disney Parks holiday ... for the next few days do you plan to ....

What are your plans for the weekend?​

Well this is going to be a quite weekend. I have pick-up the virus my daughter had and also several at work. I came home early yesterday from work and stayed home today. I went about 24 hours without eating. I am finally feeling better (it seems to be a 24 hour bug). I still have a headache but I think now it is because I need drink more and my sugar is most likely way off. I have low blood sugar so not eating always messes it up. I think I should be fine by tomorrow or I better be. I am not going to be sick for my birthday.

I do hope to get school supply shopping done tomorrow and then rest the rest of the day. Sunday as long as I feeling good I am going to go the county fair with my mom. I usually go during the week on kids day when the kids are free but with missing 2 days this week I do not want to miss another. So a weekend it is. I am not sure if it has been on the news where everyone is but our state fair had a huge accident with a ride and 1 person was killed and 7 others injured. We never ride the rides at fairs because they scare me but I am interested to see how the are handled here next week.

I decided not to go to WW for few reasons, but mainly I feel without the app and in general it's not something I want to do long term. Lost 5 lbs, the vacation weight in two weeks which is awesome and I will take it easier with the sugary drinks and treats I let creep back to my diet for sure, but I feel it's not something I am willing to do long term, mfp is my thing

I am hoping to make this vacation less about treats (considering it's my 3rd since May!) and more about down time, moving more, eating healthy and feeling better in the end of it! I can't wait. 4 more sleeps.

I did a bit of walking around today with going out to care for the rabbits, getting the empty cage cleaned off ( remind me to let 12 year old know that the one corner she told me won't come clean does if you use pressure on the hose and spray it off-put finger on the opening and get in close), some shopping with DH and 9 year old ( finding the items for a couple of the girls projects in Michaels craft store-their rabbit toys and the stamp art for 9 year old), watering the garden both this morning and this evening plus a little walking around the house for some exercise. I am counting 31 minutes for today adding it all up.

I am waiting around for DH to call me that he is off work having no idea when that will be. He is figuring 4-6 hours from when he got called in which happened while we were at Dennys enjoying a night out with 9 year old to have a special date night with mama and daddy. I had the salmon skillet minus the tomatoes which I am allergic to but they gave me more broccoli and mushrooms. I still need to finish the salmon as we put that and DH's fries in the same container and he ate his on the short drive to his work. He also had a burger and 9 year old had chocolate chip pancakes, sausage and bacon. ( She has some pancakes left along with one of hers from a mama and little girl night out last night to Cracker Barrel where since they don't have a pancakes with sides kids meal our server suggested we do a meal that was 3 huge pancakes, 3 strips of bacon ( she could have gotten sausage patties but I was told they are a bit spicy), and a couple of scrambled eggs. We brought 2 pancakes home and she had one for her breakfast. I had Haddock with mashed potatoes and white gravy, broccoli, and seasonal fresh fruit which was pineapple, strawberries, and blueberries last night. Our mid day meal today was cream cheese chicken with rice and green beans for me and DH ( I gave 9 year old one to see if she would try it and she proceeded to just remove the seeds and it sat on her plate) which I put a little water on and cooked for about 5 minutes in the microwave with just a little bit of salt, than drained them and sprinkled with a ranch popcorn and potato seasoning. These were fresh from my parents garden.

I don't think we are going to get any beans from our garden this year as I planted too late to get them setting on before the heat wave started. Same with the peas though I do have extra seeds for those and will do a second planting after labor day to hopefully enjoy a late crop of fresh peas from the garden. The beans we only had 4 little seeds in a little packet that came with one of those kids gardening sets so I am actually surprised they even came up as old as they were.

For this weekend it is going to be a mixed of activity and sitting around. 12 year old gets back from church camp tomorrow afternoon, I am possibly meeting with a friend about some bunnies depending on her schedule as the other people she is meeting are traveling through so she is not sure about the timing. We need to get some how cleaning done at some point this weekend, and possibly a little grocery shopping. Also catching up on some sleep and some of my computer stuff that needs to get done. Of course at least 10 minutes a day of exercising.

Well this is going to be a quite weekend. I have pick-up the virus my daughter had and also several at work. I came home early yesterday from work and stayed home today. I went about 24 hours without eating. I am finally feeling better (it seems to be a 24 hour bug). I still have a headache but I think now it is because I need drink more and my sugar is most likely way off. I have low blood sugar so not eating always messes it up. I think I should be fine by tomorrow or I better be. I am not going to be sick for my birthday.

Hope you feel better and have a fabulous birthday party:

I do hope to get school supply shopping done tomorrow and then rest the rest of the day. Sunday as long as I feeling good I am going to go the county fair with my mom. I usually go during the week on kids day when the kids are free but with missing 2 days this week I do not want to miss another. So a weekend it is. I am not sure if it has been on the news where everyone is but our state fair had a huge accident with a ride and 1 person was killed and 7 others injured. We never ride the rides at fairs because they scare me but I am interested to see how the are handled here next week.

It was on the news over here in Australia - that was awful - I am with you those rides make me nervous also. But it is fun to see all the other stuff that goes with the fairs. It has happened over here as well ... a few years ago a young boy was killed on a ride at a school fair I think it was and he was flung from the ride.

I decided not to go to WW for few reasons, but mainly I feel without the app and in general it's not something I want to do long term. Lost 5 lbs, the vacation weight in two weeks which is awesome and I will take it easier with the sugary drinks and treats I let creep back to my diet for sure, but I feel it's not something I am willing to do long term, mfp is my thing

If it is too hard work to track with WW and doesn't fit easily into a busy lifestyle it is sustainable. At least it helped you lose the holiday gain and you know that MFP works best for you at the moment :-)

I am hoping to make this vacation less about treats (considering it's my 3rd since May!) and more about down time, moving more, eating healthy and feeling better in the end of it! I can't wait. 4 more sleeps.

Jealous of all the vacations you are having ... I can't remember is this one a beach vacation?

I am counting 31 minutes for today adding it all up.

well done :-)

I don't think we are going to get any beans from our garden this year as I planted too late to get them setting on before the heat wave started. Same with the peas though I do have extra seeds for those and will do a second planting after labor day to hopefully enjoy a late crop of fresh peas from the garden. The beans we only had 4 little seeds in a little packet that came with one of those kids gardening sets so I am actually surprised they even came up as old as they were.

Good luck with the peas :thumbsup2 I often think I should try growing some vegetables - but I kill most plants o_O

Happy Healthy Saturday everyone :-)

upload_2017-7-29_23-5-54.jpeg

The Disney parks come with a long list of Myths or Urban Legends some are spooky, some are true and some are completely false... a few are listed here http://laist.com/2015/08/21/disney_conspiracy.php There are also soooo many weight loss myths around also, some are explored here https://authoritynutrition.com/top-12-biggest-myths-about-weight-loss/

upload_2017-7-29_23-7-23.jpeg

How are you going at navigating the weight loss myths on your journey?

Bonus Question - is there a Disney Myth you believed but wasn't true?

Feel free to start reporting your end of month goal outcomes or you can wait until Monday if you want every last opportunity to meet your goal.

@sweetpeama we don't seem to have any others takers for August yet ... Would you like to start it and I am sure one of us will jump in for those days you are away? Just give us a heads up again of the dates you are away...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!