We are going next week! I need weather/packing advice!

3kidz4dis

DIS Veteran
We are staying in LaJolla and then Escondido for Thanksgiving week. Can you help with my packing? I notice that the forcast says 75's during the day but low 50's at night? The place we are staying (Welk resort) have a heated pool, but is is too cold for the kids to be able to swim? Also Legoland has water activities, will it be too cold for that? Thanks!!

It's been really nice weather here. I would bring a jacket (a parka is NOT needed) because it does cool down at night. I would dress in layers. mid 70's weather is great for a t-shirt and light sweatshirt or windbreaker...

As for the heated pool, my kids are little fishies and would swim any time any where as long as the water is warm... Go ahead and pack their suits, if the weather is nice, go for it!

Not too sure on the legoland water activities. I have never been there, so I can't give you advice on that one.

Have a great trip :Pinkbounc

wendypooh22 said:
It's been really nice weather here. I would bring a jacket (a parka is NOT needed) because it does cool down at night. I would dress in layers. mid 70's weather is great for a t-shirt and light sweatshirt or windbreaker...

As for the heated pool, my kids are little fishies and would swim any time any where as long as the water is warm... Go ahead and pack their suits, if the weather is nice, go for it!

Not too sure on the legoland water activities. I have never been there, so I can't give you advice on that one.

Have a great trip :Pinkbounc
What about shorts to walk around the parks with?

HI!
My family and I will be staying at the Welk resort starting Friday the 17th!
When do you arrive?

Anyone know anything about the resort?

mom2boyz522 said:
HI!
My family and I will be staying at the Welk resort starting Friday the 17th!
When do you arrive?

Anyone know anything about the resort?
Sunday the 19th!

I live about 20 min north of the Welk Resort in Temecula. You can see it from Hwy 15. It looks beautiful and lush, although I have never stayed there. I think you will be happy with it.

dwelty said:
I live about 20 min north of the Welk Resort in Temecula. You can see it from Hwy 15. It looks beautiful and lush, although I have never stayed there. I think you will be happy with it.

Sounds good! Thanks!

It's really warm right now. Definatly warm enough for the water activities, poo, etc. The weather can change before you know it though. Honestly, I'd plan for anything and everything. Well :) Not EVERYTHING, but I would plan for anything between mid 60s to 80s. Right now it's warm enough that I imagine you'd be more comfortable in shorts....but could deal with pants if that's what you brought KWIM.

So, I would bring s/s tops and jeans, and maybe shorts or capris too. I would bring swimsuits for sure. I would bring a hoodie to wear in the evenings.

Oh, and the water stuff at Legoland. It's not that interseting anyways ;) The only things I remember where you got wet were the pirate ride (which we found quite lame) and a little water play structure (which you can't do BTW if your clothing has any metal on it). All I'm sayin is ;) even if the water stuff is not an option for you, you won't even notice. There's so much other great stuff there to spend your time with.

I dont know, my kids went crazy at the LEGOLAND waterpark. They suggest that you bring swim clothes for the kids. They sell swim diapers, suits, towels and sunscreen. But of course all thats expensive. My kids spent half the day there, I thought it was fun too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter