• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We ate everywhere - or everywhere we ate - part one

shellybaxter

Dis Veteran <br>Disney Restaurants for one hundre
Hi,

Just back from a pretty long trip. Had a great time and felt like we ate everywhere. We couldn't possibly have done so, so here are our reviews of where we did eat.

Cast

Always
Me - 36 year old fan of eating out. Not terribly adventurous, just like good food and great desserts

Brent - 39 year old husband. Doesn't like to spend money but deals with it at Disney. Is a bit more adventurous

Sometimes
Kathy - 50 something who moved to Florida simply so she could have lunch in Epcot whenever she wanted

John - 50 something who HATES spending money for expenses meals (seeing a pattern here - women spend money on food - men hate it in our crowd)

Jay - 36 year old best friend of Shelly and Brent. Just happy to be in Florida at WDW for the first time

Darleen - 27 year old girlfriend of Jay. Also just happy to be here

James - 15 year old who eats EVERYTHING and lots of it

AJ - 15 year old friend of James who is just like him

Travis - 10 year old who loves grilled cheese and mac and cheese

Kaeli and Donaven - 5 and 6 year olds who order food in the resturants, don't eat it, and then have snacks from the backpack all day

Day One - January 6

Breakfast - Brent and I went to the Rainforest Cafe for breakfast. I had the Benedict Bamba which was very good. I liked the spices in the sauce, a little zip but not overwhelming. Brent had the breakfast of bandits, which he said was good. I didn't keep very good track of the cost, but it was reasonable and the place was empty. No PS necessary.

Dinner - Brent and I met John and Kathy for dinner in Canada at Le Cellier. It was one of the best meals we had the whole trip. Again Le Cellier did not disappoint. Brent, Kathy and I all had the Prime Rib and even though we all like it cooked to different temperatures, all three cuts were perfectly done for their respective recipients. I had the beef barley soup, John and Brent had the cheese and Kathy had a mixed green salad. The cheese soup was a hit as always, I thought the barley was a little tasteless, better after salt was added, and Kathy loved the dressing on her salad. John ordered the Chili Spiced Jumbo Shrimp and loved his entree as well. For dessert we were all full, but shared an awesome apple cobbler with cinnamon ice cream. This was an expensive meal - but well worth it!!

Looking forward to the rest!!
PS-DH has a nice first name--happens to be mine as well!!

Your meal at Le Cellier sounds fantastic! I'm looking forward to reading the rest of your reviews. :D

Thanks for your review! After all these years we still haven't made it to Le Cellier :earseek: :blush: ! It's definitely on our list for the next trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter