we booked 10 days in WDW through TUI UK. We booked all 10 days at Wilderness Lodge as we weren't able to split the stay between hotels.

dangerfield

Earning My Ears
We have booked 10 days at WDW staying in Wilderness Lodge. We would have like to have split the stay between 3 hotels but TUI in the UK couldn't offer us that option.
Could someone with more experience, tell me that, if I contact Disney USA they might be able to rearrange our hotels ?
We are visiting in May 2023 as a family of 7, so 2 rooms.
I have tried the Disney UK number but it's impossible to get through, even after holding for a couple of hours and requesting a call back, nobody calls.

Is TUI a travel agency? If so, they are the ones that "hold" the reservation and changes usually cannot be made directly with Disney, only through the travel agency.

If so, have them cancel the 10-days and book separately, if you still want to use them for part of it, book the part that you want the nights at WL.

But, is it because you are getting some travel package with tickets?

Another UK person here: we've always been told that from the UK, the minimum number of nights you can have at Disney owned hotel at WDW is 5 nights. So you could split if you booked 5 nights at 1 and 5 nights at the other (at least Virgin Holidays would do it). The only way around it I've found is that you have to book the accommodation directly with Disney, and essentially do 3 separate bookings: one with the 14 day for the price of 7 tickets, then two separate hotel only bookings. You'd then have to contact Disney to link these together, and then buy your flights separately as well. Obviously you'd then get what you want accommodation wise but you would probably end up paying more as the packages do save you a little bit of money (although not a lot!)

Someone else might have a different view, but that's what we were told by Virgin when we tried to do split stays in the past.

I think that you would need to cancel the tui booking and then book direct with Disney U.K. As said above attach the 14 day ticket offer to the first hotel reservation. I did this to a 3 hotel split a few years ago. You can either book flights with Disney direct or book directly with BA or Virgin.

Many thanks for the assistance here, we did book through Tui in the UK, the only reason we want to split the hotels is to reduce the amount of travel between parks each day.
I spoke to Disney reservations direct, they told me, as it was booked through an agent, they could not alter it.
I spoke to Tui and they said they can't do it, has to be done through Disney..!! catch 22.
We were advised to wait until we arrive at WL and then try to rearrange hotels whilst there so will give that a try.
I have also heard that if passengers on Tui flights are not happy with the re arranged airport (Melbourne) they are able to cancel for a full refund ? Anybody else heard this , when we booked in 2021 it was Orlando.

Many thanks for the assistance here, we did book through Tui in the UK, the only reason we want to split the hotels is to reduce the amount of travel between parks each day.
I spoke to Disney reservations direct, they told me, as it was booked through an agent, they could not alter it.
I spoke to Tui and they said they can't do it, has to be done through Disney..!! catch 22.
We were advised to wait until we arrive at WL and then try to rearrange hotels whilst there so will give that a try.
I have also heard that if passengers on Tui flights are not happy with the re arranged airport (Melbourne) they are able to cancel for a full refund ? Anybody else heard this , when we booked in 2021 it was Orlando.
I wouldn’t wait until you get here. Depending on when you’re coming in May you could find inventory is low, and expensive.

Wilderness is one of my favorite resorts. You might also want to look at the Swan and Dolphin, while they are not Disney resorts, you can walk or take the friendship boats directly to Epcot or HS. Boardwalk, Yacht and Beach Club are fantastic locations to be based for Epcot and HS too.

I’m a Brit btw who lives locally and goes to the parks a few times a week. If you need advice on anything let me know!

Melbourne is on the coast. Why would you want to fly into there?
TUI only fly to Melbourne as far as I know. Not sure if that’s seasonal. What is naughty is they list the Airport on the drop down as Melbourne Orlando International!!

For the folks that booked, it’s not that far so don’t be alarmed, but it’s certainly not one of the Orlando Airports (Orlando International or Sanford). It’s probably an extra hour further away than MCO.

TUI only fly to Melbourne as far as I know. Not sure if that’s seasonal. What is naughty is they list the Airport on the drop down as Melbourne Orlando International!!

For the folks that booked, it’s not that far so don’t be alarmed, but it’s certainly not one of the Orlando Airports (Orlando International or Sanford). It’s probably an extra hour further away than MCO.

Isn't "Melbourne Orlando International Airport" the airport's proper name?

https://www.mlbair.com/

You learn something new everyday!!! I’ve never known it as that. Looks like it changed its name to position itself as an Orlando alternative (primarily to support TUI who moved their operations from Sanford). According to Wiki…

Since 2015, the airport had been named Orlando Melbourne International Airport. However, due to a lawsuit claiming this name was misleading to passengers, the airport changed its name in May 2021.[4]

If it did change in 2021, it’s changed back to Melbourne Orlando again

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter