We Bounced Back to a Whole New World! A December 2012 TR Update:MK & MVMCP

Looks like a great start to the day! :thumbsup2

We really enjoyed our breakfast at 'Ohana back in October. I would definitely eat there again.

And Tessa smiling for Mickey is just priceless!! :goodvibes

Ohana is Anthony's favorite. It's such a fun breakfast & I think it's a must do for us now. :thumbsup2

Thanks Amanda!

After our yummy breakfast we walked around the Polynesian to see the decorations.

Our plan for the day had been to go back to Pop & relax until 4 when we could get in to Magic Kingdom with our MVMCP tickets. We were all feeling well rested & ready to go though so we decided to add a day to our MYW tickets & get to MK early!

Anthony needed new sunglasses so we popped into the Poly gift shop.

I'm ready to go!

After Anthony picked some shades we walked out to catch the monorail. As we were walking toward the monorail stop we saw people walking back saying the monorail was down. Since I obsess about all things Disney :rolleyes1 I immediately knew we could take the resort boat launch to MK. We walked out to the dock & got into the rather large line waiting on the boat.

It did take quite a while to get to MK this way. There were a lot of people waiting for the boat & they only had one running for a while. The weather was gorgeous though & we tried to enjoy just being together taking a break. We were just anxious to get to MK and see all the Christmas decorations!

Once we made it to MK I'm pretty sure my jaw dropped. The decorations were everything I thought they'd be & more! We walked around Main Street for a bit just soaking in the atmosphere.

Anthony is big into the Sorcerors of the Magic Kingdom game so we stopped by the Fire Station to get our cards.

The kids were itching to ride something now so we walked down Main Street while we decided where to go. New Fantasyland had just opened but I had planned on us going there first thing on a different MK day. Since whatever we did today was just extra we were taking a very laid back approach. We decided to go to Storybook Circus & check out that area.

This is what the Mine Train construction looked like last December:

Next Update

We all agreed that our first ride at Magic Kingdom should be Dumbo. It was our final ride on our last trip & we thought it was fitting for it to be first this time!

We got in line & there was no line! You know it's going to be a good day when you basically walk on Dumbo. We never even went into the new play area but from what I've read about it, I'm okay with that...I think it would be too much anixety for me!

Tessa making her "Merida" face. I almost bought her this doll just because this was her go to face while in line.

Photo courtesy of pixartimes.com

I thought the new dueling Dumbo's were really cute. I don't know that it has the same feeling as riding Dumbo in the middle of Fantasyland did but it's still a classic.

After Dumbo we walked to the Barnstormer. I think the line was about 10 minutes or so. This was Tessa's first time riding but I was confident she would like it & Anthony loves this coaster. It's one of his favorites in all of Disney World.:rolleyes:

The kids loved the ride & I think we may have got back in line a second time. It was a no plan day until about 5 so we were just doing whatever the kids wanted!

The new splash zone was open too so I took a few pictures. My kids have never been interested in fountains/splash zones/getting soaked so we have always been able to skip those things.:cool1: I just don't get this new splash zone. I know they had to put up the fence because people were climbing on the train but didn't they realize that was the first thing kids were going to do when they built it? It just seems to me why build it if you have to fence it off. That fence plus water plus small kids just seems like an accident waiting to happen to me.:confused3

It was threatening rain at this point so we needed to look for something to do indoors. I knew just the place for us to go next...

Sounds like y'all were off to a great start in MK! And you're so lucky to have avoided that play area at Dumbo! :sad2:

I hate that "splash" area. It took all I had to keep Reid out of there. They really should name it the "get-absolutely-soaking-wet area".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter