we can't go until 2012...what do you predict 3 years ahead for the parks?

FINFAN

Mom to Tinkbell
trying to stay positive about having to pass on the 4/7 deal and driving DD to college on DS birthday when we could have that on top of the 4/7 :sad2:right now , I am using the rehab of SM and TTA to justify not going, those are 2 huge must -do's for us! At this time, unless the lotterey on 6 figure status arrives,( college is killing us) no trip until 5/12, 3 years. What do you think we wil be enjoying at the parks May of 2012?

This probably isn't very helpful but... Keep an eye on what is happening at Disney's other world-wide parks. If you like it, hope that it shows up at WDW by 2012.

You can also visit places like http://jimhillmedia.com/ for more rumors (other than what you will see on these boards).

Ok, I just noticed your 5,920 post count. I'm sure you knew that :-)

h ha ha , yeah, I frequent that site . I was thinkng more of a fluff/what if thread. I mean, the tree houses are back, who knows what can happen in 3years!:thumbsup2

I don't think my answer will help much either-- I guess it depends on the time of year you go---don't go in summer--no matter what year it will be busier in the summer. We are going this year in Nov and then hopefully Sept/Oct 2011--that will be WDW 40 year anniversary.

Hmmm, great question. Two years after US unveils the Wizarding World of Harry Potter? US and world economy well into an economic recovery?

One of 2 things: WDW starts building like crazy in 2010 and great things are opening in 2012 just in time for your trip -- new rides, new restaurants, the rest of Pop Century.

Or, Bob Eiger is still at the helm and he decides to put cartoons in IASW and Eddy Murphy in HM -- since he thinks that's the way to go. US builds its own version of the Adventurers Club, among other things, and you are just as happy visiting there in 2012.

Sorry, cynical I know, but I haven't been reading much lately to make me feel positive about the future of WDW.

omg...if Eiger continues to lean the HM to the way of the Eddie Murphy version :eek: we might visit Hawaii instead! I tried to like the movie, I really did as HM is MY personal fav ride, but it just didn't work forme. Look at how awesome Pirates came out, HM was a bust! I wonder if Harry Potter will open as scheduled...

The DLR renovations should be finished, you should give the original Disney park a try. Seriously, ask yourself this question: What is your favorite park at WDW? If your answer is MK, then I can assure you that you'll love DLR.

omg...if Eiger continues to lean the HM to the way of the Eddie Murphy version :eek: we might visit Hawaii instead! I tried to like the movie, I really did as HM is MY personal fav ride, but it just didn't work forme. Look at how awesome Pirates came out, HM was a bust! I wonder if Harry Potter will open as scheduled...

Sorry, they were talking about this on the Podcast a couple of weeks ago -- something about "homogeneity" ie same rides at all of the parks around the world. Doesn't make any sense to me, since people I know who have been to Eurodisney are completely underwhelmed. They are going to import some Stitch show from there, apparently, for Tomorrowland.

Harry Potter is supposed to open in Feb. 2010 -- hoping they keep to the new schedule since I'm pretty sure we'll be spending some time over there.

The DLR renovations should be finished, you should give the original Disney park a try. Seriously, ask yourself this question: What is your favorite park at WDW? If your answer is MK, then I can assure you that you'll love DLR.

Sorry -- my favourite is AK. And DLR just seems soooo far from where I live (I think I'm actually closer to Eurodisney but I don't plan to go there any time soon)

2012 is probably about the time I'd be able to go back to WDW - it's too far away!

OK, I'll play.

MK: I'm going to go out on a limb and say it'll be mainly unchanged. If 'Princess and the Frog' turns out to be a blockbuster, that might change. I wouldn't be shocked to see the Monsters Inc. attraction moved to DHS, but I'd see that as unlikely just due to expense.

Epcot: Little to no change. I think its probably the most static of all the parks, save for the Innoventions exhibits. I'd love to predict a new country pavilion, a repurposing of the Wonders of Life pavilion to something other than festivals, or an overhaul to either the 'Imagination' or 'Energy' pavilions but I don't see it happening. I also don't see sponsorship of Test Track changing; its a small drop in the bucket of GM's overall marketing budget with a pretty decent reach for the dollar.

DHS: I bet we see at least 1, maybe 2 new rides. Probably Pixar themed. Indiana Jones will continue to look dated. I also think we'll see a revamped Backlot Tour. We might also finally see the rumored Star Tours update, but I'm not holding my breath.

AK: No changes. The animals are really the stars of the park and they're dynamic enough as it is.

Rest of the World: I'm going out on a limb and predict a revival of adult night-life style entertainment in the works by that point. Very well might be third-party operated and it might not be in DTD, but it'll be somewhere and with at least some of the expected Disney flair.

I know 2012 is so far away cause I have to wait until 2011 (June/July) when my sister graduates high school. It is way too far away. I hope the Harry Potter thing opens up on time cause my sister would love that. But I really don't know what else would be going on in WDW. I hope the rest of Pop is completed so we could at least look at it. We saw some on our last trip. We are hoping for not too much new stuff so we don't have a lot to do while there. I am hoping for something from CARS...we saw Mater and Lightin last time but I love that movie and would like something more. I agree with ChloroFiend that AK probably won't change but I don't know what will happen with the others.

Days is fast moving, maybe it will be a very nice time for you to really prepared a perfect plan for everything you want to happen on that trip and make it more special.

Have a nice and fun planning. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter