We did it w/4 for about 2000 dollars!

roadtripper

DIS Veteran
Just back from WDW and wanted to share! I know LOTS of people have gone more cheaply than this, but our budget still made us feel like VIPs and we had a great time! Here's the lowdown:
2 adults/2 kids(5 and 7)/Drove straight through from MA (no hotels)
Gas, tolls, food on the road-- approx 250.00 RT
First night at Wyndham Palace through Priceline (see www.biddingfortravel.com for strategies): 59.61 with tax, priceline fee, etc (48 dollar bid)
Five nights at Old Key West-- rented points from DVC owner: 550.00
Five Day Park Hoppers through www.floridaorlandotickets.net: 785.00
Hoop de Do revue: 130 and change (10% AAA discount)
Cinderella Breakfast: approx 60
Lunch at Le Cellier: approx 65
Lunch at Olivia's at Old Key West: 65
Pizza & Drinks at the California Grill-- watching the fireworks over the MK 70
Other food in the room, Mickey Bars in the parks, case of water,etc: approx 150 (max)
Got 4 Quick and Casual Lunch or Dinner vouchers for attending the DVC open house, which saved about 60.00 on meals: we used 2 for fish and chips at Epcot (which we all shared), and 2 for chicken Caesar salads at Tusker House in AK (sharing again)
You'll see that we didn't spend on souvenirs. The kids had their own Disney dollars and other money they had gotten as gifts, so they each got a few things.
Of course, if you add in the deposit we put down to join the DVC, the figures change significantly ;)!
Hope this helps some people-- I learned so much from these boards!

Congrats on joining DVC! Can I ask how the presentation was--how long, high pressured sales pitch, etc. I am interested in info but unfortunately I can't see us actually affording it but it would be cool to see the places.

Thanks, Carla

Excellent Roadtripper! Sounds like you did a lot of cool things at an affordible price. Could you tell me about the Hoop De Do Review, and did you need reservations for the California Grill to watch the fireworks?

I know this isn't the DVC Board but WELCOME HOME!! You will be so happy w/ your DVC and Storm Along Bay is wonderful! As for the pressure at the DVC sales pitch, it was painless when we did it. Very interesting if you are a fan. Well worth the time and the vouchers for lunch. When we did (2000) I think....It was lunch at the ESPN club. I did the tour by myself. DH was at the cabins w/ DD who was not quite two yet. No pressure. DH read the info on the plane ride home and by the end of that week they were doing our credit check:D

Way to go!!! We're considering driving again also! If You can do it for 250.00 from MA we should be able to do it for much less. Thanks for sharing!

Hoop de Do Revue is a lot of fun. It's an all you can eat dinner show (beer and wine are also included). Reservations (not priority seating) are accepted up to two years in advance, and it fills up quickly. One tip-- get a printed confirmation. They had our date wrong, and it caused some headaches. The Vacation Club tour is NOT high pressure. Salespeople don't work on commission. For more info, check the DVC board. As a dedicated budgeter, I have to say that our purchase was based more on mental health (always having a vacation in the future) than on savings. Still, the DVC accomodations have microwaves, toasters, coffee makers and fridges, so you do save on food that way. Hope this helps!

Also wanted to say WELCOME HOME!!! Glad to hear you enjoyed your vacation!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter