We don't know what to do...

dg39

DIS Veteran
My dd just got word that a good friend of hers got hurt in Iraq. His friend text messaged her. Apparently he is in pretty bad shape and we are all sick over this. She had to leave work early and is extremely upset. I don't know anything about the military and I am wondering if there is anyway I can find anything out about his condition. We are not sure if his family knows yet, so we are not calling there until we know for sure that they are aware of their sons condition. If at all possible, is there a number that we can call or someone to speak to. He is in the Army and from what we know his truck was blown up and he lost alot of blood. We know nothing else and aside from crying and praying, we truly need to know what is going on. Please if any one knows of something that we can do to find out any little thing, please, please let me know.

The person(s) listed as his point of contact (usually family) will be notified ASAP, usually within 6 hours of the incident. If your dd isn't listed on his emergency notification papework (presumably she wouldn't be) then there is no official way for you all to find out what his status is. Your info will have to come from his family, whatever they feel like sharing with you. I think it best for you to wait a while longer, several more hours possibly, before trying to contact them. That way you can be sure they were notified by the proper channels instead of hearing the sad news in a round about way from you.

Saying prayers for you dd's friend. God bless him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter