We had a great time at Gay Days!

Kahana-ri

DIS Veteran Needs to learn how to ride a lawnmower
My friends and I all took a girls trip June 1-4. From previous post on the DIS board I was anticipating much more to the 'Gay Days'. :stir: I expected to see a sea of Red shirts everywhere and gay couples every which way. This was the description I had read on several different boards.
We saw no such thing! Not once did I witness inappropriate acts or public displays of affection. I barely notice gay persons/couples around the parks? I did notice families and friends enjoying themselves and having a great time at WDW. I don't know if we just had good luck or if it was a coincidence that there were no lines anywhere. My friend, who also frequents the DIS said she had read people stay away from WDW just to avoid 'participating' in Gay Days. We say thank you to those who chose to stay away :wave: worked out great for us.
We rode to PI Saturday night with the funniest group of guys from Old Key West. They were hysterical! :rotfl2: Their comments to each other just made the four of us laugh until we hurt. :lmao: Even though they were great company, I was appalled to see how other passengers reacted on the bus. My friends and I sat at the very back of the bus. The guys from OKW sat in the back area as well. There were open seats between us and we were all talking. The bus did a few more pick ups and the bus became full. Instead of coming towards the back to sit down, people chose to stand for the rest of the ride. There were two men that turned their backs to us trying very hard act 'straight' as they talked among themselves and their friends. Although we all laughed it off, I was sickened :sad2: on how others treat gay couples/persons. Not to mention that my friends and I are all straight and married and somehow you know we were grouped into the same gender coupling. I was so heated :furious: when we got of the bus. Its year 2006 for goodness sakes!
Once we got to PI we had the best time at the clubs! We met so many friendly people that just wanted to dance and party. party: It was an awesome night. I just wanted to post to share that if what I had just experienced was what 'Gay Days' at WDW has to offer, count me in every year. No crowds, great weather, no lines or waiting and excellent company-I'm in. :thumbsup2

Shhhhhhhhh! You're telling the seeeecret! ;)

Glad you had a nice time. :)

Sounds like a great time. Thank you for reporting back.

I'm going in 2007. My two friends and I just had our planning meeting. We'll be arriving on May 29, 2007, and staying for a week.

My family likes to go during Gay Days too, so yes, let's keep the secret. My daughter's best friends (twins) happen to have two mommies, so it's been a part of her life (and by extension, ours) since Kindergarten. My "uncles" in San Francisco have also been part of my life from a distance, but only one is still living and my kids haven't ever been that far west to meet the other one. I guess I should have made more of an effort because my daughter cracked me up when she looked around and said "I knew kids could have two mothers, but I didn't know there were kids with two Dads too!"

I have to admit I was impressed by the men on this trip. Back in college, the few gay men I knew really didn't care for kids and even my two "uncles" in San Francisco loved us kids much better from a distance. So, I tried to keep mine out of the way of anyone in red shirts in the parks. But everyone was as nice to them as can be-and the four of them are quite the handful. So thanks and props to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter