We had a great trip to DisneyLand!!

Linnie The Pooh

Making Fun of Buzz is my Favorite Hobby!!
We really had a fun trip. We drove from Montana with our 3 year old and (almost) one year old! We stopped in Butte, Provo, Vegas and then drove on in to Anaheim to DisneyLand. So we turned it into a 4 day driving experience.

Our kids were awesome travelers, hardly any tears or tantrums at all. We spent 4 days in the parks. California Adventure was our favorite. They had a great place to get wine and my son loved the boat play area with the McDonald's right next to it.

DH and I only rode the California Screaming roller coaster, but we walked around a ton and just had a great time. We loved Downtown Disney.

We stayed at the Marriott Residence Inn. It was pretty nice but we had a few problems with them giving our rooms away. Check in was 4:00 and the latest we'd ever checked in was 4:15 but our rooms had been given away twice, even though we're Rewards Club Members. Kind of annoying. Instead of one big room in Provo, we were given 2 regular rooms so DH slept in one and I stayed with the kids in the other.

In Vegas, it was a 2 story room, which was hard with DD (the one year old) constantly trying to climb the stairs. We got to Anaheim and were expecting a one level room with a hot tub, but surprise! they'd given that away. We checked in at 4:05 that time. We were given another 2 story room.

So again, I spent most of my time trying to ensure that DD didn't fall down the stairs. We got a safety gate, but the way the stairs were constructed, it didn't help. She could still get up 4 stairs and possibly fall back into the kitchen table. Not designed for little ones. And I nearly broke my neck trying to get over the dumb gate so we bagged it and just watched her all the time.

On the last 2 nights in Anaheim, DH called the front desk and they told us that if we could move in 30 mins., they'd give us a hot tub room for the same rate as the regular room so we flew around the room throwing stuff in bags and got into our hot tub room-finally. Then after about 15 mins., someone knocked on our door and it was a bell hop with someone else's luggage. Apparently, they'd promised someone else the room too, but we'd gotten it first and weren't going anywhere. That room stuff was annoying.

But they had free food every night for dinner in the gate house and free breakfast stuff each morning, which saved us a ton of money and was a nice surprise.

I didn't like the portable cribs though. They gave us a full size sheet and blanket to use with this tiny little crib. Have they ever heard of SIDS? So DD had to sleep without a sheet and every time she turned over, it made a swooshy sound which woke her up (and me).

They had a full kitchen with all the utensils we could ever need and we had a vcr in our room in Anaheim which was nice since we brought Dora and Bob tapes for the kids. The rooms seemed really dark to me though and it was kind of almost depressing. I kept going around turning on lights and DS kept turning them off. Provo's room was really bright but it was clearly newer.

I'm definitely ready to go back!! Overall, the parks were fantastic and the rooms were good when we got the one we that we booked. I hadn't had a vacation in a long time so was really ready for this. And all the hints I'd gotten off this board for places to take my 3 year old were fantastic!!! Thank you!!

Sorry to hear about the room problems - but sounds like a fun time - did you kids like the parks - thanks for posting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter