We have never been in November and ?? about how to pack....

MAC3

I'll be quiet now!
11/23-11/30 is when we will be there.

For those of you who would know. Do I need to pack a little of everything? Will we be able to do a water pack. I guess I can't relate as I am sitting in my living room shivering.

Thanks Lisa

We were there for Thanksgiving a few years ago and did pack a little of everything. The year that we were there the kids got in the pool a few of the days (SAB) but some days it was too cold. We did not get to the water park. If you want to do I water park I would watch the weather and try and pick the warmest day of your trip. At the water parks you spend a lot of time out of the water getting to the slides. Our kids were fine in the pool that was heated but did not get in and out much so we fiqured the water park would be a problem. Also the warmest days for us were at the beginning of the week when the crowds were the lightest at the parks. We did not want to give up a light day at MK for the water park. The crowds did get worse each day that we were there! We were fine with sweatshirts for the morning and night.

We have made a Thanksgiving trip for the last 3 years, and will be there again this year. Over the last 3 years we have see a range from the mid 80s in the day to low 40s at night. But not on the same trip, so be ready for most anything. Think layers, the morning will be cool and so will the evenings, but during the day it will feel HOT. At least to us because like you, we will be leaving overnight temps in the 20s. With the dampness at WDW the 40s feel much colder than at home. Typhoon Lagoon will be closed for rehab, but BB will be open. The resort pools are heated to around 80, but you have to get out sometime. I smile when I see the "mad dash" to the building when people exit the pool. You have about 20 seconds before the cold really hits you.

We are at BWV, maybe we will see you there. Have a great trip. You will find this may become your favorite time to vist the world, it sure has become ours.

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Thanks for the replies. I was thinking that we would need a bit of everything.

Ok Bill, will be on the lookout for other Dis'ers. Still haven't met one yet (while vacationing anyway.) I know we are hanging by the pool T-Day (my Dad is coming up to see us as he lives in Ft Myers)

Here's hoping for good weather for us!

I've never been there at Thanksgiving before, but this is our first year and from what I've heard of the weather, I'm packing a little of everything, including those small, stretchy gloves. Wave at me over at BCV 11/27-11/30!

If you're from the NE or MW the weather probably won't bother you all that much. We've been down the week before Thanksgiving and the week after Thanksgiving, and both times we were able to get into the pool on several days.

One of the years that we were down after Thanksgiving, we did have a couple of days in the low 60s for temps, but we also had several mid-70 days as well.

I would take everyone's advice here though and pack a bit of everything just in case. Although there will be no shortage of places to pick up a sweatshirt if need be. Just bring $$$ ;)

Great idea with the gloves Dorothy. I will have to put that on the list!

DemoBri, I imagine we will buy an extra sweatshirt even if we have brought our own!

Have fun everyone.

When we were there Thanksgiving week, as others have said, we were able to get into the pool most days but even being from the northeast would not have been hardy enough to walk around wet at a water park. I think 75 was about as high as it got during the day. The pools are heated but once you are out, you're reaching for that towel.

Shorts and top layers during the day, pants and a jacket at night. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter