We only live 8 hours away now, that means we can go once a month, right?! -- 7/19 Homecomin'

YAY YOU ARE KILLIN IT WITH UPDATES ASHLEY! :laughing:

That looks fun, boozy, and yummy! My kinda night!

Ya'll all (yeah, I'm from Nashville) look super cute. I want to know what type of sandals @pepperandchips is wearing!
I'm from Atlanta so I got you, girl, on the y'all thing :flower3:

The shoes are from Target. Lest you think "wow her Target is great, mine only has women's shoes that are uncomfortable, too tall, or are $40+", I will let you in on my little secret... I wear a womens' 7 which is a kids' 5. So yes, these are from the target kid section as are my other current favorite pair this season. No shame!

Anyways, this was kind of meh. The meat with tomato sauce was basically flavorless and there was nary an almond in sight. Overall not a bad dish, just lacking any real creativity or flavor in our opinion.
Great description as we felt the exact same way. Harrumph.

I wouldn't know because my husband ate all of the rice, but he enjoyed it.
Ha! Yes it was really good. Glad Justin convinced you to get it and that he enjoyed the rice!

The shoes are from Target. Lest you think "wow her Target is great, mine only has women's shoes that are uncomfortable, too tall, or are $40+", I will let you in on my little secret... I wear a womens' 7 which is a kids' 5. So yes, these are from the target kid section as are my other current favorite pair this season. No shame!

Whoa! I'm in Target all the time as they have great cheap cotton sundresses, and well, I've got a problem...I wear a 6-6.5, and have never looked at shoes at Target, more or less the kids shoes, but I'm not proud. If its cute, its cute. I'm definitely going to start heading over to that section on my next run.

YAY YOU ARE KILLIN IT WITH UPDATES ASHLEY! :laughing:

Great description as we felt the exact same way. Harrumph.

Ha! Yes it was really good. Glad Justin convinced you to get it and that he enjoyed the rice!

Um, also a 7! Or a 6.5. I often shop the kids section yet also forget. Making a mental note for the kids 5!

Sorry for the thread hijack but yeah, the Target kids shoes section is my jam. They have this new kids brand called Cat & Jack and everything is adorable!

IMG_7850.jpg

Above are my current favorites - they match so many of my clothes. However I did find something special for Ashley...

IMG_7849.jpg

They have your (middle/screen) name all over them!

BEACHES & CREAM

Prior to this trip, Justin and I had been to Beaches and Cream once, on a trip in 2015. We'd enjoyed it - I had the grilled cheese and he had a burger. It's simple food, but it's done well and it is always quite tasty.

Today we had a late lunch ADR. We walked back via the International Gateway and checked in, and were seated pretty quickly. It was HOT that day (though sweet jesus, not as hot as it was last week!) so we were happy to get a break from the heat. Ultimately we decided to each get an entree. We had no set dinner plans.

Justin ended up deciding on the grilled cheese and tomato soup. I'd ordered it there before and loved it. Although it was suuuuuper hot, he decided to do the soup and not french fries.. because their tomato bisque is deeeelish!!

I was in search of some protein and carbs, so I went for the Beaches Patty Melt. Our food came out pretty quickly, and it definitely hit the spot after a night of cocktails.

Here's Justin's sandwich and soup:

33763960302_0566ed6280_o_zpsbf6nt0hb.jpg

Grilled Cheese and Tomato Bisque - Six-Cheese blend on fresh-baked challah bread; served with lettuce, tomato $10.50

Check out the cheese on this thing....

33764378612_ff28414c09_o_zpsz6aerxli.jpg

And my patty melt burger:

33921646705_8e469bc067_o_zpsf3b1pufq.jpg

Beaches Patty Melt - Angus beef burger with sauteed onions, swiss, garlic-peppercorn dressing on rye bread $16.00

This was a solid choice. The burger was nice and meaty and the cheese and peppercorn dressing went fantastic together. The fries are nothing special and I could've done without them, but the alternative was fresh fruit and a) I don't eat healthy at WDW and b) I have trust issues when it comes to fruit at restaurants, especially at Disney. It always tastes like it's been out for too long and is either congealed/slimy/funky/soggy. So I opted for the fries which are nothing special but went nicely. In hindsight onion rings would've been great.

Overall we were highly satisfied with our meal. It's a fairly cheap table service option and the atmosphere there is always cute.

We decided to skip dessert.. though I was dreaming of the No Way Jose. Justin said he'd rather get ice cream at Ample Hills so.. that's where we went!

33879851406_0ea0689c23_o_zpsmrbf2q3b.jpg

Yes, we ate at B&C without getting ice cream... then walked 500 feet down the Boardwalk to get Ample Hills. But their ice cream is SO GOOD!!

We each decided on an ice cream cone. Justin went with his usual Cotton Candy:

33792091531_8a829b0b92_o_zpsnse7mfu3.jpg

I saw a new flavor (well, I had never seen it) that looked interesting, but I was set on getting either the Oatmeal Lace or the Ooey Gooey Butter Cake.

33536682000_b584a5a420_o_zpsgjteq1mu.jpg

I went with the Oatmeal Lace. Delicious brown sugar ice cream with massive chunks of oatmeal cookie dough.. yes please!

33791857491_bc1bcbddfd_o_zpsvpsqdk0q.jpg

Unfortunately I am a very slow ice cream eater and I got about 3/4 of the way through the top scoop before it was too melty and gross and I had to throw it away! :sad: :sad2: :sad:

Justin has ALWAYS wanted to play mini golf at WDW, so he asked if we could do that this afternoon. I obliged, begrudgingly. Mini golf is my least favorite outdoor activity. But I did it with a smile because... that's what marriage is right!? :lovestruc

33536456300_701fcf9afd_o_zpse2jr01sw.jpg

It was actually pretty fun. Mini golf conquered - we did Fantasia Gardens and it was a longgggg course - we headed back to BLT for some rest before we'd finally get to see Rivers of Light! Or would we? Spoiler alert... we saw about 2/3 of it!​

Look at you! 3 updates in 3 days! You are finally catching up!

Your lunch at Beaches & Cream looks good - although I get that certain food just doesn't seem food when its hot out. I'm struggling with decided where to eat next weekend because I know its going to be so hot. That cheese though looks so good in that Grilled Cheese!

You probably aren't the only one skipping the Edy's Ice Cream at Beaches and Cream to go over to Ample Hills nowadays. Ample Hills > Edy's!

Glad your husband finally got to enjoy mini-golf! I found that course to be cute!

Wow you are really making up for lost time with the updates!!!! Congrats on the new house. Hope you all are getting all settled in.

As a bonus, @pepperandchips and @Dis_Yoda (along with their travel partners) joined us that evening!! I know, I know, they wrote their reports in a timely manner. I am literally 3 months behind hahaha.
So thrilled you all got to meet and since you're behind its like old is new again :-) And speaking of old I'm still trying to bring February home so there is some solace in that

Hippopotamai-tai: Coruba Dark Rum, Bacardi Superior Rum, Bols Orange Curacao, Orgeat (almond), organic agave nectar, and fresh lime juice.

These were great, albeit STRONG for my liking. You can definitely taste the alcohol but they were delicious and slightly sweet at the same time. For $11, I think the price is right and it packs a punch. Side note- why is it that some mixed drinks at places in WDW are like $16!? Heck to the no. I think my limit is right around $12 for one drink. I may be cheap but.... if I'm paying $15 per drink, I can get 3 for the price of 2. I'm all about a good bargain.
You and me both sista! We had these great grapefruit cocktails at the beach last week and they are $6.50 each!!!!! They were so good and reminded me how overinflated drink prices had gotten (and how I could drink 3 for the price of a paddlefish drink)

The dumplings here were just fine, but nothing special. Nothing like the ones at Ohana ;) I think Justin liked them, but we've been getting the ones from Trader Joe's (anyone else do Trader Joe's Chinese takeout? Yum) and those are just as good.
Love me some Trader Joes. Their chinese and indian dishes especially are on point

Unfortunately, the service stopped there. I swear. We waited around for probably an hour just chatting and waiting for drinks and food. It was comical and we joked that David forgot about us but... he literally did. @Dis_Yoda's friend never received her food and I think the rest of us had to remind David of our orders no less than 45 times. He kept commenting that "So sorry, we're just slammed" and we all just looked around... crickets.... because it was not that busy.
It's all coming back to me now, the trials and tribulations of David :P

33077314914_ff5ebf7e6b_o_zpscjjvxtpd.jpg

Uh-Oa! - Myers's Original Dark Ru, Bacardi Superior Rum, orange, passion fruit, guava, pineapple, and grapefruit juices, Falernum, Cinnamon, and fresh lime juice. Recommended for two or more guests.
Not sure if @Dis_Yoda and her friend were taking pictures of your drink too or just on their phones, but either way I find this picture picture hilarious and the epitome of our disney food reporting :P

Justin and I were still hungry so we ordered a seasonal flatbread, which had some sausage, maybe some chorizo, some cheese, and tomatoes. I wish I had the description because it was sooooo good. The sausage was nice and crispy, not greasy, and I remember the tomatoes being really juicy.

33792026291_5620c3f2d4_o_zpsj3ramdh9.jpg
Yum, hope that helped soak up some of that alcohol

My faves!

ustin and I took the monorail back to BLT. 3 sheets to the Riesling and I decided I needed some dessert from Contempo Cafe. Unfortunately it was closed and the only options were the pre-bagged stuff, so I thought Cheetos would do.
Sounds like you and Casey are Cheeto sisters

After a Pedialyte packet and some $6 Advil (always have it when you don't need it and need it when you don't have it), we got moving towards Epcot for the day.
Breakfast of champions!

33920885065_3105451b25_o_zps41gvwtvg.jpg

This was kind of meh. Justin doesn't really like bell peppers, so I didn't think he'd eat the pepper part, and he didn't.
Funny I was totally craving chili relennos today and picked up all the ingredients for dinner tomorrow

33764696702_b4dfa74256_o_zps3r8tlhft.jpg

Sugar Cane Shrimp Skewer with Steamed Rice and Coconut Lime Sauce – $6.50, DDP Snack Eligible

And once I finally got a shrimp off of the sugar cane skewer and peeled the tail off.. YOWZA! This. Was. Great. I think @ariane37 said that she and Steve tried this and really enjoyed it. I agree. I could have eaten 2 (or 3 or 4) of these as a meal and called it a day. The sauce was delectable, and I am told it went really well over the rice. I wouldn't know because my husband ate all of the rice, but he enjoyed it. It took a lot of convincing for me to even order this because I was convinced it had a sweet sauce and I don't really do sweet meat. This was definitely a winner in my book!
I thought maybe Steve had oversold this but now with your recco I must have some NOW

Sorry for the thread hijack but yeah, the Target kids shoes section is my jam. They have this new kids brand called Cat & Jack and everything is adorable!

img_7850-jpg.251258
Casey has a couple of their dresses but I hadn't seen the shoes. Feel free to send some size 1's to VA and she can model them for you all :-)

33921646705_8e469bc067_o_zpsf3b1pufq.jpg

Beaches Patty Melt - Angus beef burger with sauteed onions, swiss, garlic-peppercorn dressing on rye bread $16.00

This was a solid choice. The burger was nice and meaty and the cheese and peppercorn dressing went fantastic together. The fries are nothing special and I could've done without them, but the alternative was fresh fruit and a) I don't eat healthy at WDW and b) I have trust issues when it comes to fruit at restaurants, especially at Disney. It always tastes like it's been out for too long and is either congealed/slimy/funky/soggy. So I opted for the fries which are nothing special but went nicely. In hindsight onion rings would've been great.
Looks like great night after food, though you totally would have been in heaven with the onion rings. My sub for fries every time!

Grilled Cheese and Tomato Bisque - Six-Cheese blend on fresh-baked challah bread; served with lettuce, tomato $10.50

Check out the cheese on this thing....

33764378612_ff28414c09_o_zpsz6aerxli.jpg

Yowzers, does that look good!!!

I saw a new flavor (well, I had never seen it) that looked interesting, but I was set on getting either the Oatmeal Lace or the Ooey Gooey Butter Cake.

33536682000_b584a5a420_o_zpsgjteq1mu.jpg

Sounds good to me!

I went with the Oatmeal Lace. Delicious brown sugar ice cream with massive chunks of oatmeal cookie dough.. yes please!

33791857491_bc1bcbddfd_o_zpsvpsqdk0q.jpg

Yum! I'm not a fast ice cream eater either, which is part of why I always get a cup and not a cone. My husband finishes his ice cream when I'm about halfway through mine, if that.

We took a group picture before calling it a night:
The three of you look fabulous!!
So that ice cream is just a cone of heaven! I have to do one scoop in a cup because it is so rich (but also delicious!)
It was actually pretty fun. Mini golf conquered - we did Fantasia Gardens and it was a longgggg course - we headed back to BLT for some rest before we'd finally get to see Rivers of Light! Or would we? Spoiler alert... we saw about 2/3 of it!​
Fantasia Gardens is a must do for us every family trip....so fun!

:laughing: I don't eat seafood but Steve had about 10 of those sugar cane shrimp skewars on our two F&G trips! He thought it was the best thing ever and couldn't walk by the booth without getting one ( or two, once he asked for and got a double order of shrimp).
Ooh that flatbread at Mizner's looks like the "seasonal" flatbread they serve at Citricos! We've had it twice, it's flatbread heaven :cloud9:
Justin ordered my favorite meal from B&C! Never too hot for their awesome tomato soup!

You and me both sista! We had these great grapefruit cocktails at the beach last week and they are $6.50 each!!!!! They were so good and reminded me how overinflated drink prices had gotten (and how I could drink 3 for the price of a paddlefish drink)

$6.50!!!! That's a downright bargain!! I always think to myself "Am I super cheap?" when I'm hesitant to pay $15 for a cocktail.. I have found some reasonably priced ones, but yikes!

Love me some Trader Joes. Their chinese and indian dishes especially are on point

Yesss! I have not had much of their Indian food though, I'll have to give it a try.

Not sure if @Dis_Yoda and her friend were taking pictures of your drink too or just on their phones, but either way I find this picture picture hilarious and the epitome of our disney food reporting :P

Ha! I think they were taking pictures, and I think Melinda did too.. so we probably have at least 4 copies of the same photo hahaha. Food reporters at work!

Sounds like you and Casey are Cheeto sisters

CHEETO SISTERS! I loooove me some Cheetos.

I thought maybe Steve had oversold this but now with your recco I must have some NOW

I think Steve takes the cake on most Sugar Cane Shrimp eaten in one trip (Well I did only have one) but I can't wait to have this again!

Looks like great night after food, though you totally would have been in heaven with the onion rings. My sub for fries every time!

I'll eventually have to try these! Everyone says they are great.

Yowzers, does that look good!!!

Sounds good to me!

Yum! I'm not a fast ice cream eater either, which is part of why I always get a cup and not a cone. My husband finishes his ice cream when I'm about halfway through mine, if that.

That cheese dripping is making my mouth water.. one of the best grilled cheeses there is.

I need to remember to get a cup next time! I don't know why I think I can handle a cone.. but I never can!

The three of you look fabulous!!

So that ice cream is just a cone of heaven! I have to do one scoop in a cup because it is so rich (but also delicious!)
Fantasia Gardens is a must do for us every family trip....so fun!

Thank you!!! I need to remember to get the cup next time... I forgot the next time I went too. I can never finish.

:laughing: I don't eat seafood but Steve had about 10 of those sugar cane shrimp skewars on our two F&G trips! He thought it was the best thing ever and couldn't walk by the booth without getting one ( or two, once he asked for and got a double order of shrimp).
Ooh that flatbread at Mizner's looks like the "seasonal" flatbread they serve at Citricos! We've had it twice, it's flatbread heaven :cloud9:
Justin ordered my favorite meal from B&C! Never too hot for their awesome tomato soup!

I think Steve totally wins the most Sugar Cane Shrimp eaten in a 4 day span!! I wish I would've gone back for more.

That flatbread was amazing.. I was dreaming about it for weeks. It was so flavorful!!

TERRITORY LOUNGE

That night, Justin and I were FI.NA.LLY. going to see Rivers of Light (lol or so we thought). We were back and forth between a few things for dinner.. Geyser Point, Territory Lounge, and Nomad Lounge all came to mind. Ultimately we wanted to check out the Territory Lounge, so we decided to drive over there before heading to AK. Territory Lounge is right near Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge.

33077265454_fa0541720d_o_zpsllcow0uc.jpg

33920998735_77952d601e_o_zpssljxd8uv.jpg

Still somewhat full from lunch, I decided to order the bread and... butter. For whatever reason I was just really feeling some good bread and salted butter.

33921646565_cfd5879e85_o_zpsdsib8qph.jpg

House Bread with Lardo Butter and Sea Salt, $6

This was kind of a wheaty sourdough. It was nice and thick and dense and went really well with some butter and a lot of sea salt! I was happy with my choice, as plain as it was.

Justin decided on the pulled pork nachos.

33791411641_e9b18f2f22_o_zpszutwvx8m.jpg

• Pork Nachos - Corn Chips, Queso, Farmers Tomato Salsa, Verde Sauce - $13.00
33077288314_b05b048e72_o_zpsklw4fhcx.jpg

These weren't your typical nacho, and the serving was pretty large. We left a bit behind. They weren't anything spectacular and I wouldn't go out of my way for them, but it was something different. The pork had more of a green salsa on it, and the queso fresco (my fave) was a nice touch. The chips seemed to be homemade which is always a bonus!

We always hear that this is a hidden gem and I think had we been hungrier, we would've felt differently. I obviously just ordered bread and butter, which satisfied me at the moment, but I am still dying to try that mushroom bisque!

Afterwards, we headed out to watch ROL. I was on the hunt for a slushie that night. I had read somewhere that they sold POG slushies in Africa, so we went looking! I can't remember exactly which one it was, but it was right across from Tusker House. Unfortunately they said their slushy machine was broken and that they could only accept cash... OK, no problem.. we'll try the next place!

So we went to the little hut right across from Flights of Wonder, Drinkwallah. They had blue raspberry and lemonade slushies.. now was my chance! Except, not so fast... their machine was broken, too. But this guy on the wall made up for it (what the heck?)

33078184964_e047f52ca1_o_zpsppwplixr.jpg

FINALLY, we went to ONE last place. Upcountry Beverages, which is a little hut kind of near Everest. And they didn't have anything appealing, so I said forget it. Then I decided eh... I'm not walking all over Africa and Asia for another broken down machine. So I ordered a Shangri-La Berry Freeze. Only... their machine wasn't working either, and the slushies were super runny. So they gave it to me for free.. All that for a free slushy, so I guess it was worth it?

33108919683_c2294b89ee_o_zpsdzyzsmgj.jpg

We had FP's and it was finally time for the show. I was so excited to finally see it and well, we saw.... half of it.

Yep. The floats came out, did their thing, and all of a sudden, darkness. A couple of them went out, and they shut the whole thing down. Some type of technical difficulties. Though it only took them an eternity and a half to work out the technical difficulties in the first place! They did a quick announcement, took all the floats back in, and told us the show would resume momentarily.

About 15 minutes later (and a half empty theater), they started the show back up. We got about halfway in again when it started thundering and lightning. They decided to cancel the show, although I think there was a later one that ended up working out. We filed out with everyone else and about halfway to the car, it started pouring. It just wasn't our night, I guess!

Onto the next day, our last day.. where we finally try HOMECOMIN'!

GASTON'S TAVERN & HOMECOMIN'

The next morning we headed straight for Magic Kingdom. It was the first day with the new security processes. I thought it was really well thought-out and made our morning a breeze, especially with our own private security booth on the walk to MK from BLT.

33108022343_e1a8838796_o_zpsevwvpgv7.jpg

Here is looking towards the buses.

33078179164_85c46137c1_o_zpsmbwaqfsl.jpg

We didn't come from the buses this time, or even on our most recent trip in July, so I can't comment on how that went. We actually came from Epcot on our most recent trip and Justin was kind of amazed that we didn't have to go through security after being on the monorail but.. we did! I thought the way they broke it up was really smart and it made it pretty easy. The only time we got jammed up on our most recent trip was after dinner at the Poly, getting back on the monorail.

Anyways, we did a handful of rides this morning and we got quite a bit done. Our trip was really MK-heavy and as a result we were only there for a few hours on our most recent trip.

I love when the parks are pretty much empty. I wish I remember what we did. I know we did Big Thunder and I know we had a FP for Peter Pan. I think we probably did Jungle Cruise and maybe Pirates too.

33880037116_79bdf9f731_o_zpsfmydh9ze.jpg

We decided to split one of the infamous cinnamon rolls from Gaston's for breakfast.

33078184414_1415471fdf_o_zpsvf4twgxv.jpg

Sooooo much icing!

Having worked at a bakery for about 7 years before graduating college, I have had some of theeeeee best baked goods I have ever laid my taste buds on. Unfortunately I did not think this measured up, BUT, it was quite decent for a theme park, mass-produced cinnamon roll. It definitely did the job and gave us a little sugar rush to keep us going that morning.

That afternoon, we were finally going to have lunch at what has possibly been my most anticipated ADR ever... HOMECOMING! Or... Homecomin'? Did they just scrape the G off?

33880574676_7c9a9d0993_o_zpsgd8gnwcj.jpg

After reading everyone's reports, I was dying to try it. But we always ended up elsewhere, or cancelling it to get back on the road on our last day. Finally I told Justin we were going whether he liked it or not! ;)

We were seated almost immediately, and there was hardly anyone in the restaurant. We were seated over by the bar, and our server was actually the bartender.

I was between the chicken and donuts, and the famous fried chicken. Most importantly, I wanted the cheddar drop biscuit, because yo girl loves biscuits.

33536112930_46d651d5d8_o_zpsl6qqemkp.jpg

33536675850_4bbf0d379d_o_zpsabuavd50.jpg

Art's Fabulous Fried Chicken - Chef Art Smith's signature dish! Buttermilk-brined for 24 hours then perfectly fried and served with creamy mashed potatoes, cheddar drop biscuit and love $27

The server asked me if I would like some homemade gravy with the mashed taters... YES I WOULD!

I know what you're thinking, $27 for some fried chicken? Girl please. More on that later.

Justin decided on the BBQ pork.

33764696102_316438afd5_o_zpspukedy3s.jpg

Little bit of a side view:
33108456983_fcb0847331_o_zpshp4rhyud.jpg

Chopped Barbecue Pork Plate - Dressed with HFK sweet and spicy barbecue sauce served with Momma's mac and cheese and cheddar drop biscuits. $24

So, where to begin..
The fried chicken was fantastic. Unreal. Not bony, extra crispy and the breading was delicious with just enough spice to make it enjoyable and flavorful, but not spicy. The crispyness was out of this world!
The mashed potatoes were really fluffy, not at all chunky. Not the best mashed potatoes I've ever had, but definitely not the worst. The gravy I think had chunks of pork and ham, as well as a lot of flavor, so that made these potatoes.
The cheddar drop biscuit was good, too! Small and dense, not a thin flaky biscuit, but delicious, nonetheless.
We joked that the pickles were the "love" on the plate, and they were a nice addition.
This is a massive portion. At 3 decently sized pieces, I ate one, Justin ate another, and we picked at the third and left some behind.

Justin's pork plate was also a winner. I make pulled pork at home quite often, but I usually use a dry rub because I don't like a lot of sauce. I joke that Justin ruins everything I make by dumping half a gallon of BBQ sauce on it.. so this saucy pork had Justin in heaven.

I managed to sneak a few bites of his pork and if I recall, the bbq sauce was a smokey sweet. He really liked it and the meat was nice and tender.

The Mac and cheese was the winner, for me! It was delicious, so cheesy and creamy, with the corkscrew noodles to suck up all of the sauce. It was obviously the exact opposite of Kraft mac and cheese. I will say it lacked any really unique flavor, but that didn't stop us from enjoying it. The server suggested we put hot sauce on top and that added a nice kick.

Overall, the food at Homecoming is outstanding. Our service was lacking a little - the bartender was our server and she was busy enough just serving drinks - but I'll attribute that to it being a slow lunchtime as opposed to it just being bad service. The staff was all super friendly!

We left thinking that we couldn't wait to come back. Spoiler alert.. we went back on our trip in July and had a great meal! I wanted to try it for dinner so we could experience the drinks and maybe an app and dessert, and that left us with an even better opinion of the restaurant.

One thing we did note after our first trip is that the portions are massive. At least for me. So ordering 2 meals wasn't necessary for us and on our second trip, we ordered one entree and split an appetizer, which worked out much better for us.

This place is now on my MUST do list and I think I have to take my mom here in November!

So happy to read another great review of Homecomin'. We tried it last year and ended up canceling another ADR we had so we could go back a second time..LOVE IT!

Territory Lounge is right near Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge.
::yes:: Steve and I have been here 3x, although once was for breakfast.

House Bread with Lardo Butter and Sea Salt, $6
I got this on our last visit, very good!

We always hear that this is a hidden gem and I think had we been hungrier, we would've felt differently
I think you're right because we love it! Of course every time we've gone we've been hungry. We've gotten their burger which is outrageously delicious, and Steve loves their wings. I tried the mushroom bisque there for the first time and omg, I don't think life can get much better :cloud9: It's nice and quiet yet you can watch people walk by, and while it never seems to be overly busy I like watching people come in and out while waiting for their table at Artists Point. Try it again when you have a chance :)

Glad you enjoyed Homecomin'(g)! Most people seem to. I won't say anything about our visit since I haven't gotten there yet in my dining report but.....it'll differ a bit from yours!

So happy to read another great review of Homecomin'. We tried it last year and ended up canceling another ADR we had so we could go back a second time..LOVE IT!

Yay!! I love southern food so I could totally go back twice in a trip. Sooo good.

::yes:: Steve and I have been here 3x, although once was for breakfast.

I got this on our last visit, very good!

I think you're right because we love it! Of course every time we've gone we've been hungry. We've gotten their burger which is outrageously delicious, and Steve loves their wings. I tried the mushroom bisque there for the first time and omg, I don't think life can get much better :cloud9: It's nice and quiet yet you can watch people walk by, and while it never seems to be overly busy I like watching people come in and out while waiting for their table at Artists Point. Try it again when you have a chance :)

Glad you enjoyed Homecomin'(g)! Most people seem to. I won't say anything about our visit since I haven't gotten there yet in my dining report but.....it'll differ a bit from yours!

I would love to give Territory Lounge another try. I definitely enjoyed what I had, I just wasn't super hungry so bread and butter it was.. but it was good bread and butter! I loooove mushrooms so I really wanted the bisque but it's hard to be in a soup mood when it's 90 degrees out. I'll have to give it a try! Interested to see what you thought about Homecomin', though they don't serve sugar cane shrimp skewers so was Steve even impressed? ;)

$6.50!!!! That's a downright bargain!! I always think to myself "Am I super cheap?" when I'm hesitant to pay $15 for a cocktail.. I have found some reasonably priced ones, but yikes!
I'm right in the super cheap club with you. A shot of alcohol really doesn't count that much and the 1000% mark-ups are just ridiculous.

Afterwards, we headed out to watch ROL. I was on the hunt for a slushie that night. I had read somewhere that they sold POG slushies in Africa, so we went looking! I can't remember exactly which one it was, but it was right across from Tusker House. Unfortunately they said their slushy machine was broken and that they could only accept cash... OK, no problem.. we'll try the next place!
So we went to the little hut right across from Flights of Wonder, Drinkwallah. They had blue raspberry and lemonade slushies.. now was my chance! Except, not so fast... their machine was broken, too. But this guy on the wall made up for it (what the heck?)
That is crazy that all the machines were down. What's a girl gotta due to get a boozy slushi?

nly... their machine wasn't working either, and the slushies were super runny. So they gave it to me for free.. All that for a free slushy, so I guess it was worth it?

33108919683_c2294b89ee_o_zpsdzyzsmgj.jpg
But give that we are both super cheap I think I would take 2 broken machines in favor of free booze!

hat afternoon, we were finally going to have lunch at what has possibly been my most anticipated ADR ever... HOMECOMING! Or... Homecomin'? Did they just scrape the G off?

33880574676_7c9a9d0993_o_zpsgd8gnwcj.jpg
They clearly just scraped it and if you'd like to join my change.org petition we're gonna bring it back :P

33536675850_4bbf0d379d_o_zpsabuavd50.jpg

Art's Fabulous Fried Chicken - Chef Art Smith's signature dish! Buttermilk-brined for 24 hours then perfectly fried and served with creamy mashed potatoes, cheddar drop biscuit and love $27

The server asked me if I would like some homemade gravy with the mashed taters... YES I WOULD!

I know what you're thinking, $27 for some fried chicken? Girl please. More on that later.
Wow, this looks and sounds like total perfect. i was a bit leery of the entire Oprah chef thing, but this man clearly knows his way around some fried chicken and a souther kitchen

Overall, the food at Homecoming is outstanding. Our service was lacking a little - the bartender was our server and she was busy enough just serving drinks - but I'll attribute that to it being a slow lunchtime as opposed to it just being bad service. The staff was all super friendly!
So glad to hear you all enjoyed it as much as us. Definitely a true new disney stand-out

But this guy on the wall made up for it (what the heck?)

33078184964_e047f52ca1_o_zpsppwplixr.jpg

Haha! That's so bizarre!

About 15 minutes later (and a half empty theater), they started the show back up. We got about halfway in again when it started thundering and lightning. They decided to cancel the show

Well crud. At least you got to see half the show?

I thought it was really well thought-out and made our morning a breeze

We came from the buses to both MK and the monorail, and I liked how security was done.

The fried chicken was fantastic. Unreal.

SO good. We were there in May, and DH and I split the fried chicken. We subbed the mac&cheese for the mashed potatoes, and I loved that, too. My only complaint is that we had too big of a lunch so we couldn't eat more! I think my husband still dreams of this chicken.

I joke that Justin ruins everything I make by dumping half a gallon of BBQ sauce on it.. so this saucy pork had Justin in heaven.

Justin sounds like my husband, who does it with basically any sauce. I use about a 10th of what he uses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter