We saved money on our flights by adjusting our dates a little

ericbansemer

Earning My Ears
So we were originally going to go on our WDW vacation on our daughters Fall Break this October 6-13 which is Sat-Sat. We usually always fly South West, so a couple of weeks ago I got an email from them advertising their $49 one way sale. Now we live in Nashville and I know Nashville to Orlando is never that low but I thought I'd take a look because we were about at the time we needed to start booking our flights. I pull up the sale info and Nashville to Orlando isn't even listed on sale for any price. So I thought, ok, well lets look and see what the normal price is right now. So the cheapest flight on our travel dates was $360 each way, which would put us over $2100 total for the 3 of us and I knew at that price we would be driving. Then I started wondering if everyday was that much so I move to Sunday then Monday and see it's about the same then when I look at Tuesday I see $98 there and the following Tuesday $89 back! So we booked those for under $600 as apposed to 2100, call up Disney and modify our reservation, and my daughter will just have to miss 2 days of school.

Always nice to save more money! But... you will almost ALWAYS have cheaper flights on the weekdays. As PP mentioned, flexible dates searches will help you with this in the future. When sales happen those cheaper weekday dates become much cheaper because other people aren't willing/can't take the time off work/school to make weekday dates work. Flexible dates searches are your friend IF you can be flexible about your dates and it sounds like you can so always check those in the future for sure! (Not that you'll forget after saving that much money!)

Also check other airports. We usually fly out of Indy, but my DS is flying home for his sisters graduation and is saving $300 flying in and out of Cincy. It’s worth the extra hours drive to save that much.

We shortened our trip by a day in order to fly on a Saturday instead of a Sunday...saved us $300 in airline tickets, one day of a rental car, and one night at a hotel that we didn't really need. It was worth it to us.

Depending on length of stay , I find that flying out on a Sunday (early morning), and that flying back on a Friday has made our trip a little more affordable. Google Flight Tracker is nice because it tracks the prices of your desired flight for you.

Midweek is consistently more affordable for us, too. Unfortunately, we're rarely able to fly midweek.

We fly mid week to mid week
Tues to Thurs (8 days in the Parks) or Thursday to the Tuesday 2 weeks later( 10 days in the Parks and 1 day to relax at WDW)
better rates on JetBlue

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter