We should start a Disneyland Cake Thread

Disney usually boxes up the leftovers in the original bakery box for you. It just might not fit in a mini-fridge in the room.

Last edited:
Awesome! We're thinking about getting a cake for my nieces 5th birthday when we go. Did you get to take the leftovers?
Yes! We didn't get the original bakery box for the leftovers. We had a leftover box, which fit in the hotel fridge just fine.

Interested as well. We're going 9th-15th and have 2 cakes on order - a cars cake and a mickey cake (separate days) Family trip - a few birthday's in the mix.
I will definitely post pictures when we get them. . .but would love a preview.

So, we had two cakes done this trip - a Cars themed cake served at Goofy's Kitchen on 7/9 and a Mickey themed cake served at Storyteller's on 7/14.

Both were so cute and well done. But the Cars cake was really dry. The Mickey cake (both the main cake and the ear hat portion cake) were super moist. They were both white cakes for the main cake. So my guess is that the Cars cake sat out longer - hence the dryness. It was a marked difference.

I was actually really surprised the ear hat was a cake. Chocolate.

They do an amazing job with decoration - the buttercream looks like it could easily be fondant, but isn't. (which I'm glad as fondant isn't the best taste). The only fondant is the clouds and hills on the Cars cake and the actual circles on the ear hat - everything else is yummy buttercream

cake_cars (2).jpg mickey cake (2).jpg

Was thinking of suprising my husband for our 25th anniversary. Our first night there is Sunday and we are doing the blue bayou fantasmic dinner for last showing. I thought about ordering a cake, can just take it to fantasmic viewing and then we are headed back to hotel. Problem is when I called about the cakes the only ones they have are Mickey, Minnie, cars, Haunted Mansion, Princess or Incredibles I believe.

None of those are really speaking to me for an anniversary. Are these really the only designs I can get? I was hoping for maybe a castle design or fireworks with Happily Ever After. Does anyone know if I have any other options?

Was thinking of suprising my husband for our 25th anniversary. Our first night there is Sunday and we are doing the blue bayou fantasmic dinner for last showing. I thought about ordering a cake, can just take it to fantasmic viewing and then we are headed back to hotel. Problem is when I called about the cakes the only ones they have are Mickey, Minnie, cars, Haunted Mansion, Princess or Incredibles I believe.

None of those are really speaking to me for an anniversary. Are these really the only designs I can get? I was hoping for maybe a castle design or fireworks with Happily Ever After. Does anyone know if I have any other options?

I was bummed at the limited options as well. The only cake you did not list was the Star Wars theme. My daughter had requested either a Maleficent's dragon or Winnie the Pooh theme, but neither one was available. Since this is a surprise, and my child does not know she is spending her bday at the DL resort, I made an executive decision and chose the Haunted Mansion. I would have picked Star Wars, but she didn't want one two years in a row.

I or my husband have worked with the Grand Californian for the last two years to do under the sea themed cakes for our anniversary (August 2016) and my birthday (June 2017). Maybe the hotels have more options? I know when I ordered the anniversary cake I emailed back and forth with the pastry team at the Grand.

I or my husband have worked with the Grand Californian for the last two years to do under the sea themed cakes for our anniversary (August 2016) and my birthday (June 2017). Maybe the hotels have more options? I know when I ordered the anniversary cake I emailed back and forth with the pastry team at the Grand.

I assume this is only for staying onsite, we decided to stay offsite to save money.. The CM did not give any option to speak to anyone about a different design. I just thought this would be something special, and we have 4 more nights to enjoy the leftovers.

I assume this is only for staying onsite, we decided to stay offsite to save money.. The CM did not give any option to speak to anyone about a different design. I just thought this would be something special, and we have 4 more nights to enjoy the leftovers.
While ours were ordered to our DVC room if you dine at the hotel’s restaurants you could probably push for the same thing. Or just call and insist you want a custom cake and specifically ask to speak to a chef to see if it’s possible.

Wow, I need to know more about the Haunted Mansion and Incredibles cakes!

My guess is they do do custom cakes but for a significant amount more.

I would be willing to spend more than the $60 if I could get a cake more inline with my thoughts for an anniversary cake. How do you get to someone to ask about a custom cake? The 2 times I called and asked if there was any way to get something besides the options listed above I was told no that is all they have available.

Going to Disney is great, being there just the 2 of us is awesome. We did not celebrate our 20th due to some serious medical issues, frankly I am lucky he is still here. I was just hoping to bring a little pixie dust to our first night and make it magical.

Since the cake options seem fairly limited at this time, does anyone have a recommendation for a bakery near Disneyland that does themed cakes? We have a trip coming up and I'd like to do a Winnie the Pooh cake for my fiance and our mom's.

Thanks!

I just ordered a 6” cake to enjoy in our DVC room on September 18th. It’ll be Haunted Mansion themed saying Hurry Back. Chocolate cake with vanilla filling. Cost $60 + tax and service fees (because of the room delivery) so it’ll be $81 total. I’m excited as it’s a surprise for my husband and friends who haven’t been.

I just ordered a 6” cake to enjoy in our DVC room on September 18th. It’ll be Haunted Mansion themed saying Hurry Back. Chocolate cake with vanilla filling. Cost $60 + tax and service fees (because of the room delivery) so it’ll be $81 total. I’m excited as it’s a surprise for my husband and friends who haven’t been.
Would love to see pics when you get it if you don't mind! I would like to see what that one looks like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!