We stayed at BCV 7 years ago, what has changed?

Martinvols

Mouseketeer
We are planning a trip to BCV's in 2014. The last time we stayed at BCV, was in 2005 - 2006. When we stayed there last, we got to meet Art the Greeter -- my kids loved Art. I know that Art is now retired. What else has changed @ BCV's? I assume they still have the sand bottom pool, Beaches & Cream. We love Storm A Long Bay! I notice that the rooms might be a little dated, but, we do not plan to visit until July 2014; therefore, maybe we will arrive after most of the renovation has been completed.

We have stayed at BCV 2x per year basically since 2009. Other than some increased wear to to rooms, which is essentially a non issue to us, I doubt you'll find much different. Beaches & Cream has a new menu but you probably don't remember the old one, otherwise it's still a great place for an easy dinner or dessert.
One big change for us on our most recent trip in April was the rebuilt Hurricane Hanna's poolside. Instead of a walk up "bar" and quick service counter, there is now a full bar with an expanded menu. The quick service menu is better as well. I loved this addition, I'm not a big drinker but on vacation it's nice to have a place to sit and get a drink poolside instead of having to stand like cattle in a queue!
The spa was also recently renovated, not sure if you were there before but it looks beautiful. We've also noticed over the years that the landscaping, especially in the courtyard between the villas and the main building, has really matured and is quite beautiful.

I hope the renovations begin on time. We are going this October so obviously they won't have started, but we are also planning a May 2014 trip and are wishfully thinking it'd be nice to get an updated room.

Overall BCV is probably mostly the same magical place you remember, with a few minor upgrades.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter