We took the family to WDW....and Survived!

It's Sunday and the end of our 11 day trip. We'd received our ME documents the night before and our bus was for 9:30am. Due to the rain and the amount of people and luggage we had to move, we told the family we were calling bell services at 7:45am. Thankfully, everyone was up and moving and we called at 7:40am which was a good thing because bell services was REALLY busy! Bell services arrived at 8:15am and we managed to get all of the people and luggage onto the golf cart and up to the carriage house. Airline check in went smoothly then DH, FGM, Grumpy and I went to get some Mickey waffles and coffee. Dopey and the kids were half asleep in the lobby! I felt bad for the people coming in and heading out to the parks. The rain was unreal! I can't ever recall seeing rain that hard for that long! Welcome TS Debby! ME arrived at 9:25am and soon we were on our way back to MCO. Ran into 2 people that I work with regularly at home, turns out they were on our flight! Flight was ok....very bumpy for the first half hour due to the storm. We arrived home on time then it was time to say good bye to the family. Minnie and Stitch were bummed of course! Grumpy said Minnie cried for a good 10 minutes once they got home (they live 2 hours away) because she missed all of us!

Final thoughts:
Overall, it was a very good trip. We didn't have any squabbles or major meltdowns. Everyone got along well and everyone was able to do everything on their "to do" list. We followed the advice of many regarding not sticking together all the time and that worked out very well. 11 days was a long trip for "newbies" and we would never have taken that long of a trip, however, due to my conference that's what worked out. DH and I didn't have a "normal" trip due to the conference but we still had a great deal of fun! We didn't ride as much as we usually do, but we had a great time! Love the fact that we are DVC members and can go pretty much whenever we want! It was nice to spend time with Dopey, Grumpy, Minnie and Stitch as they live 2 hours away and we don't see them as often as we'd like. The kids definitely needed breaks every day and they took them. Overall, our room (newly refurbished) was in good condition with the exception of the carpet not being tacked all the way day and we had to call maintenance twice to get the tv in the second bedroom working. We had very good service, in all honesty, some of the best service we've had over the past couple of years. Bus service was fantastic. I know that seems crazy, but it was really good. We never waited longer than 25 minutes anytime, anywhere for a bus! We were very pleased about that! Barbara, our new friend, and the manager at AP gift shop was fabulous and we're hoping to see her again in Oct. We had the best CM ever at 50's Prime Time this time also. Many firsts again! Love the fact that we've been going to WDW for 13 years and still have many "first" experiences!! The question I'm sure everyone is thinking..."would we do a trip like this again?" and the answer is yes! Not for a few years until Minnie and Stitch are a little older. We'd also not go for as many days either. Now I'm off to strategize getting tickets for PFTS on 10/20 since the lines open at 7am on Tues. Finalizing planning for the Oct trip (which is just us) and also in the early planning stages of DH's Christmas present....a 5 day trip in May for SWW! He loves SWW and was really bummed we missed it this year. Still thinking of how to give him the gift! He's going to flip! We're booked at SSR, but I'm hoping to be able to move over to BCV when our 7 month window opens, which incidently is while we're there in Oct....still trying to figure out how to ditch DH for 10 minutes so I can call and get us moved! Thanks for reading and following along everyone! The Oct TR will be in full swing toward the end of the month!!

What a great trip! I'm so happy that you all had a wonderful trip together. Now . . . you (and we!) get to look forward to your October trip.

What a great trip! I'm so happy that you all had a wonderful trip together. Now . . . you (and we!) get to look forward to your October trip.

Thank you! Now I'm really looking forward to it! I was able to get tickets to PFTS this am!! :cool1: HAve a great Oct trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter