We Wants The Rum or Do We? April Trip Report! Complete! New TR in my signature 8/26**

Love the party you had for her.........everything looks amazing....and yes, what a cake!!! I’d love to have a go at the watermelon.........but mine would look like a guppy I’m sure!!

That pineapple cake looks spectacular.........I did enjoy the dole whips! What a shame about your experience at the dinner........missing waiters are never good......but glad you enjoyed the show. My mum says “odd duck” a lot.....lol......love the look of the cornbread too!

As always loving your pictures and updates........now I’ve caught up finally.......

I love this game! (Okay maybe I'm the only one but I do :rotfl:) is it the potties between HDDR and Trails End? I heard there is a rather lewd looking mural in the men's room there :blush:

You lucky people you!

I love the tiki room. I can't help but sway and sing along. Classic Disney magic!!
So glad you find my bathroom trivia intriguing :rotfl2:I just figured all the Dis veterans on here would love it:confused3
You get a silver star because you are very close. It is the bathroom close to the boat transportation. It is by the beach/playground area. Really could use an update! Cheers to you for playing along:cheer2:

Did you know Walt Disney did want the Tiki Room to be a dinner show? I thought that was interesting! Such a fun show.

I had no idea you could get an AP discount here. I thought they did TiW for the late show, but didn't know there were other options open too. Will most definitely have to take advantage of that.

We had a very similar experience here. I think because they already know they are getting a predetermined tip they just dial it in.

Those are my favorites too. Though sorry to hear the chicken was a bust. We definitely enjoyed it in the past.

Yikes, creepy indeed!

I'm a huge fan too. Just wish they would add a bar in there :drinking1

Its so nice when you have 2 resort buses to rely upon.

Love Andi's pose!
Yes you get an AP discount, you do need to book with a call to get the discount!

I agree with the wait staff, when prepaid I have noticed more lackluster service for sure! The chicken was a disappointment. In my next update Andi had fried chicken that was so delicious so she was happy!

You are on to something with drinks in the Tiki Room, Walt did want it to be a dinner show!

Love the party you had for her.........everything looks amazing....and yes, what a cake!!! I’d love to have a go at the watermelon.........but mine would look like a guppy I’m sure!!

That pineapple cake looks spectacular.........I did enjoy the dole whips! What a shame about your experience at the dinner........missing waiters are never good......but glad you enjoyed the show. My mum says “odd duck” a lot.....lol......love the look of the cornbread too!

As always loving your pictures and updates........now I’ve caught up finally.......
Thank you! We were really fortunate because the weather prediction was dismal! I could never make the shark watermelon arts and crafty I am not!!

I love the new addition of the pineapple upside down cake with the dole whip, yummy!

So true, she was practicing her flirting lol!

Such secrets at Disney, wonder what is in that bathroom!:hyper:

Well it's definitely worth a google since you don't travel as often with three dudes like @ariane37 does! It's a bunch of cowboys who are in various states of bending over and sort of... errr... disheveled? A lot of them are touching their rear ends and sort of in a "mooning" position. I read online maybe they are supposed to be scratching due to fleas or something? The weird thing is that no one seems to know WHY that very odd and large mural is there.

Well it's definitely worth a google since you don't travel as often with three dudes like @ariane37 does! It's a bunch of cowboys who are in various states of bending over and sort of... errr... disheveled? A lot of them are touching their rear ends and sort of in a "mooning" position. I read online maybe they are supposed to be scratching due to fleas or something? The weird thing is that no one seems to know WHY that very odd and large mural is there.
Oh my:rotfl2::confused3!!

April 28th. Day 5. A Great Food Day!!!.........................Part 1................

Today was Saturday and the last full day of this trip, boo!! Trips go by very fast. We were up early and ready to spend some time in the AK. It was an emh morning. We had good bus mojo once again, yay! I should have named this TR “good bus mojo”

We were heading into Pandora at 7:45am, we bypassed the FoP crowds and went to NRJ. The CM directing the way said to us “FoP is this way”. People must get mixed up all the time and go to NRJ thinking it is FoP. We reassured her this was the way we wanted to go! We walked right on the ride! I thought is was really strange, the CM made us sit with 2 guys and it wasn’t even busy yet! I didn’t care to share the little boat seat with 2 big guys! Oh well, we survived and enjoyed the journey for what it is. A peaceful ride through the Navi people’s world. I got a few pictures, not the best but okay!
IMG_Jul42018at31717PM.jpg

Safari was up next, we took the bridge from Pandora to get over there. A very unenthusiastic dad was making fun of his kids, the kids got excited to see a turtle in the water and the dad says “so glad I came all the way to Disney to see a stupid Disney turtle”. :confused3 Hey buddy, not nice! We love Disney don’t be making mean jokes about Disney!

We walked right on the Safari:bounce: We sure didn’t see many animals again on this one, second one this trip with not much activity. I wonder if we were to early? No Gus Gus (learned this is the baby hippo’s nickname) thanks to @Lesley Wake! I honestly think we saw one elephant, a rhino, and one lion this morning.
IMG_Jul42018at31755PM.jpg IMG_Jul42018at31900PM.jpg

It was time to get a Strawberry Açaí refresher and Danish at Starbucks! This was yummy and a nice pick me up! We took a few pictures in Africa and also explored the Gorilla Trail. This is always a fun area to explore, a CM was feeding the monkeys. I wasn’t able to get any decent gorilla pictures. It was time for Dinosaur, we got over to the ride and it was down, again! Didn’t this ride just have a big refurbishment??
IMG_Jul42018at32022PM.jpg IMG_Jul42018at32105PM.jpg IMG_Jul42018at31943PM.jpg

We decided to do the Maharajah trek, such a fun trail. We some bats, birds, and one tiger! We didn’t see the little ones today. We enjoyed our leisurely trek around India!
IMG_Jul42018at32334PM.jpg IMG_Jul42018at32405PM.jpg

I was checking the app and Dinosaur was back up and running so we went to do our FP+. We had a great trip and brought back one Dinosaur extra large!
IMG_Jul42018at32207PM.jpg
IMG_Jul42018at32513PM.jpg

UP next, literally!!

Cont. from last post"........................

We decided to check out the first UP show of the day. We did not have a FP+ and really did not need one. We entered with about 15 minutes left before show time. Our seats were close to the front on the left side. Hint: If you want to interact in the show, sit close to the center aisle. I do have a bird phobia so I was a little nervous! It actually was just fine. The birds do interact with the audience some but not to intrusive.
IMG_Jul42018at70449PM.jpg

I had not experienced Flights of Wonder so I cannot compare. I did like this show, however, I didn’t think it was so awesome I would need to go again. Russell and Dug have some cute interactions but it is basically about the birds. Russell and Dug are fun, they ask questions about the birds for their Wilderness Badge.
IMG_Jul42018at70533PM.jpg
We spent some time walking towards Pandora for our FoP FP+, we took the bridge again from Africa to Pandora. We found a pp spot by the Lion King and had a few pictures done. I like the Simba magic shot. We also had another celebrate the planet picture done!
IMG_Jul42018at70414PM.jpg IMG_Jul42018at70348PM.jpg

We went to our quiet path in Pandora and hung out some before our flight. It was soon time for our ride and we had another awesome ride. Each time I ride I try to find some new details, we were in the middle of the theater with people above us. We saw this guy, he was talking abut his adventures around Pandora. Cool!
IMG_Jul42018at70646PM.jpg IMG_Jul42018at70849PM.jpg

It was around noon and we wanted lunch. It was time to flash my Landry card at Yak and Yeti! It was busy in there and before I got to the counter I heard the hostess telling people it was 60-90 minute wait, yikes! I checked us in and we were seated within 10 minutes. We had a great window seat on the second level, it was really busy in Asia today!
IMG_Jul42018at70314PM.jpg

Andi decided on the seasonal menu and chose the chicken and waffle with an Asian slaw. I went with the Kobe burger medium with the shiitake mushrooms and aioli and string fries. First off Andi’s choice was so delicious. The chicken was fried to perfection, it has a delicious sweet and savory taste and was very moist. The waffle was done very well, it complimented the chicken perfectly. This fried chicken blew the HDDR fried chicken away. The Asian slaw was also very good, crunchy with some sweetness and some spicy ness. This was a hit!
IMG_Jul42018at70240PM.jpg

My burger was very good also, juicy and pink, perfect. The mushrooms and sauce were so good on the burger. I took most of the bun off and ate the burger with the mushrooms and sauce. We couldn’t have been happier with our lunch choices today. We were to full for dessert so we paid and headed out into the busy AK! Our waiter was very good and organized. I had read on the Disney food blog site that the mango pie at the QS Y&Y is really good. I wanted to get one for later at the room except when we got outside the QS was mobbed! No way I was waiting in that line so maybe next time Mango pie, sigh**
IMG_Jul42018at70210PM.jpg

We decided to head back to FQ for a little relaxation time. I was able to make a FP+ for TT in Epcot for later in the evening. We did have to wait about 20 minutes for a bus at AK, oh well we can’t have awesome bus mojo all the time!

Guess where this bathroom is?? It is somewhere in AK, an area that is always bustling and close to a mountain!:lmao:Dont be shy, please join @pepperandchips and have a guess.
IMG_Jul42018at70128PM.jpg

Stay tune for Part 2 of A Great Food Day!!

I thought is was really strange, the CM made us sit with 2 guys and it wasn’t even busy yet! I didn’t care to share the little boat seat with 2 big guys!

I think it's so weird how they cram people into these boats. You'd think they would have made them a little roomier if they wanted to seat four per row, because I find they're really quite small. It's a tight fit when they sit you with two other strangers.

img_jul42018at32405pm-jpg.334804

I love the stuck out tongue!!

I did like this show, however, I didn’t think it was so awesome I would need to go again. Russell and Dug have some cute interactions but it is basically about the birds.

Glad to hear your review of the show! I'd like to see it, but wasn't expecting it to be a must-do, so you've kind of confirmed my suspicions.

It was time to flash my Landry card at Yak and Yeti! It was busy in there and before I got to the counter I heard the hostess telling people it was 60-90 minute wait, yikes! I checked us in and we were seated within 10 minutes.

I love that card!! Great they got you in so quickly! And it looks like your meals were awesome, especially Andi's!

It was around noon and we wanted lunch. It was time to flash my Landry card at Yak and Yeti! It was busy in there and before I got to the counter I heard the hostess telling people it was 60-90 minute wait, yikes! I checked us in and we were seated within 10 minutes.
I made us an ADR for Yak and Yeti for next month. Our one break from QS, so we can use the credit. We got the Landrys card last August, and that was our first time eating at the TS there. We eat at the QS window quite often, DH likes the fried rice. But we really enjoyed the TS last year, and I'm looking forward to going back

We sat next to a little girl, she was quite chatty, so cute! She was telling us about her trip so far and then out of the blue, she sees a little boy, gets up and leaves us, like a hot potato, to talk to the little boy!:chat:

They start younger and younger these days :D

So alas, no Splash this trip.

Boo!

We had a whole plane to ourselves on Barnstormer

That's awesome! I haven't been on that in years.

I was checking the app and Dinosaur was back up and running so we went to do our FP+. We had a great trip and brought back one Dinosaur extra large!

That poor girl in the front row :rotfl:

I had not experienced Flights of Wonder so I cannot compare.

I loved FOW, I'm curious to see if I'll like this show. I'll definitely check it out in October!

I love games, but I guess I just don't pay enough attention in Disney bathrooms to tell them apart!

I think it's so weird how they cram people into these boats. You'd think they would have made them a little roomier if they wanted to seat four per row, because I find they're really quite small. It's a tight fit when they sit you with two other strangers.

I love the stuck out tongue!!

Glad to hear your review of the show! I'd like to see it, but wasn't expecting it to be a must-do, so you've kind of confirmed my suspicions.

I love that card!! Great they got you in so quickly! And it looks like your meals were awesome, especially Andi's!
I agree, there was no reason to put 4 of us in that little boat, I thought it was hard to enjoy, crammed in the boat!

UP bird show was cute, nothing special! I know birds bother you some as well and it was fine, don’t sit in the center aisle, the birds fly more in that vicinity.

Y&Y did not disappoint, very good! The card is so nice to have. We always get a pretty nice table with the card so that is a plus also!

I made us an ADR for Yak and Yeti for next month. Our one break from QS, so we can use the credit. We got the Landrys card last August, and that was our first time eating at the TS there. We eat at the QS window quite often, DH likes the fried rice. But we really enjoyed the TS last year, and I'm looking forward to going back
Yay for your Choice of Y&Y TS, we have always had a wonderful meal here! We have not tried the QS but I do want to get the mango pie one of these days. I love my Landry card.

They start younger and younger these days :D

Boo!

That's awesome! I haven't been on that in years.

That poor girl in the front row :rotfl:

I loved FOW, I'm curious to see if I'll like this show. I'll definitely check it out in October!

I love games, but I guess I just don't pay enough attention in Disney bathrooms to tell them apart!

I think you will like the UP show but I think 1-2x is all you need, it doesn’t need to be every trip for us.

Ahh the bathroom trivia started pretty innocently, I liked the lanterns in the PoTC so snapped a picture and it lead to taking pictures at various ones, lol!

I love Dinosaur why I can’t tell you, just do:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts