We Wants The Rum or Do We? April Trip Report! Complete! New TR in my signature 8/26**

What a great day in AK! We've never seen the up or the prior show either, but will have to check it out. I think the addition of the characters will help keep Casey's interest.

That chicken and waffles at Yak N Yeti looks and sounds divine. Sad when a non-Disney Asian restaurant can pump out better fried chicken then one that is supposed to represent Americana. Oh well, glad Andi enjoyed!

I pay little to no attention to the bathrooms, as I normally have a child with me insisting she doesn't need to go, but I'm gonna go with this one being in Pandora.

It was time to get a Strawberry Açaí refresher and Danish at Starbucks! This was yummy and a nice pick me up! We took a few pictures in Africa and also explored the Gorilla Trail. This is always a fun area to explore, a CM was feeding the monkeys. I wasn’t able to get any decent gorilla pictures. It was time for Dinosaur, we got over to the ride and it was down, again! Didn’t this ride just have a big refurbishment??
After hearing you and @Raeven talk about the strawberry acai refreshers, I had to try it and now I am obsessed with them. Especially with coconut milk! I love how you focus on the trails. They really are hidden gems.

We decided to do the Maharajah trek, such a fun trail. We some bats, birds, and one tiger! We didn’t see the little ones today. We enjoyed our leisurely trek around India!
I need to check out this trail in August!

We decided to check out the first UP show of the day. We did not have a FP+ and really did not need one. We entered with about 15 minutes left before show time. Our seats were close to the front on the left side. Hint: If you want to interact in the show, sit close to the center aisle. I do have a bird phobia so I was a little nervous! It actually was just fine. The birds do interact with the audience some but not to intrusive.
I'm glad you say you don't really need a FP for this as I switched out mine for a second FoP when the new wave of FPs were released for it last week. I'm glad the birds are not toointrusive as I would be a bit freaked out if they were swooping right around me.

We went to our quiet path in Pandora and hung out some before our flight. It was soon time for our ride and we had another awesome ride.
Where is the quiet path? I can't wait for FoP again!

We decided to head back to FQ for a little relaxation time. I was able to make a FP+ for TT in Epcot for later in the evening. We did have to wait about 20 minutes for a bus at AK, oh well we can’t have awesome bus mojo all the time!
Love how well you did with the FPs! Is this your night at Tokyo Dining as well? Looking forward to the next update!

I am having problems with the quote function on my phone but wanted to mention that I love all the Animal Kingdom photos! It's odd that your early safari was a bust. Usually the early ones are the only ones that have a lot of animal activity when we go! Maybe the animals were still in their bathrobes drinking their coffee that morning :coffee:

I felt the way about Flights of Wonder that you did about the Up Bird Adventure. I heard they didn't change much except add Russell & Dug. I honestly think they just needed to change the name since it was so similar to Flight of Passage. :confused3

Wow that chicken and waffle at Yak and Yeti looks amazing!!! I will have to try that next time. We have so many favorites there it's hard to choose between them but the burger is always a good choice. Yum!

Guess where this bathroom is?? It is somewhere in AK, an area that is always bustling and close to a mountain!:lmao:Dont be shy, please join
:rotfl2: Well I'm glad the game is still going even if I'm the only one playing! It's funny I have never noticed all of those unique tiles you photographed. I will have to pay closer attention in the future. It would be neat if you could purchase those tiles (and the cool tiles in some of the resorts, like at Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge) and have some disney at home! Are those the restrooms near Navi River Journey or the ones over by Satuli? I've only been in the ones by NRJ.

Another great update:thumbsup2

UP bird show was cute, nothing special! I know birds bother you some as well and it was fine, don’t sit in the center aisle, the birds fly more in that vicinity.

Good to know!! Birds don't really bother me unless they're pooping on me. That only happened once, recently when we were out for a run on a work trip in Ontario...and I don't think I'll ever get over the shock and the gross-factor!! :eek:

Well it's definitely worth a google since you don't travel as often with three dudes like @ariane37 does! It's a bunch of cowboys who are in various states of bending over and sort of... errr... disheveled? A lot of them are touching their rear ends and sort of in a "mooning" position. I read online maybe they are supposed to be scratching due to fleas or something? The weird thing is that no one seems to know WHY that very odd and large mural is there.

Well, you both got me curious, so I'm sitting here at 6am googling men's bathrooms :crazy2:

Here's what I found, and it's all from this website…

https://www.wdwlooreview.com/single-post/2017/06/11/The-Wildest-Flush-in-the-Wilderness

Screen Shot 2018-07-07 at 5.45.22 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-07 at 5.45.34 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-07 at 5.45.50 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-07 at 5.46.16 AM.png

Hilarious :rotfl:

Thanks for the chuckle, girls!

Sounds like a fun morning! I'm sorry the safari was a quiet one.

Nice lunch at Y&Y! Your Landry card definitely comes in handy!
I was surprised how few animals were out this morning.

We have made use of our Landry’s card many times!

Last edited:

What a great day in AK! We've never seen the up or the prior show either, but will have to check it out. I think the addition of the characters will help keep Casey's interest.

That chicken and waffles at Yak N Yeti looks and sounds divine. Sad when a non-Disney Asian restaurant can pump out better fried chicken then one that is supposed to represent Americana. Oh well, glad Andi enjoyed!

I pay little to no attention to the bathrooms, as I normally have a child with me insisting she doesn't need to go, but I'm gonna go with this one being in Pandora.
The UP show was really cute, I think Casey will enjoy the show! Dug and Russell are so darn cute!

I was so surprised how good the fried chicken was, it was delicious, crispy on the outside, and juicy on the inside.

I normally rush in and out of bathrooms at Disney, for some weird reason I noticed some unique features in the bathrooms and photographed them:rotfl:

The bathroom in this update was actually in Asia before getting to Everest, weird that it has Nav’i looking people in there:confused3

After hearing you and @Raeven talk about the strawberry acai refreshers, I had to try it and now I am obsessed with them. Especially with coconut milk! I love how you focus on the trails. They really are hidden gems.

I need to check out this trail in August!

I'm glad you say you don't really need a FP for this as I switched out mine for a second FoP when the new wave of FPs were released for it last week. I'm glad the birds are not toointrusive as I would be a bit freaked out if they were swooping right around me.

Where is the quiet path? I can't wait for FoP again!

Love how well you did with the FPs! Is this your night at Tokyo Dining as well? Looking forward to the next update!
I know!! The refreshers are so delicious, I haven’t tried the coconut milk in there yet but will have to.

We love hitting the trails at AK especially early so less crowded.

UP is really a fun show but yes,no need for a FP especially with just 1-2 people. Hint, where we sat,
Far left from the stage was fine, however, the sign language interpreters were right in front of us so a little distracting so try to sit more in the center.

There is a nice little path directly across from the floating mountains tucked in a little, never people on it so we relax in there, really nice.

Yes, Tokyo Dining coming up, spoiler, **yum!

I am having problems with the quote function on my phone but wanted to mention that I love all the Animal Kingdom photos! It's odd that your early safari was a bust. Usually the early ones are the only ones that have a lot of animal activity when we go! Maybe the animals were still in their bathrobes drinking their coffee that morning :coffee:

I felt the way about Flights of Wonder that you did about the Up Bird Adventure. I heard they didn't change much except add Russell & Dug. I honestly think they just needed to change the name since it was so similar to Flight of Passage. :confused3

Wow that chicken and waffle at Yak and Yeti looks amazing!!! I will have to try that next time. We have so many favorites there it's hard to choose between them but the burger is always a good choice. Yum!

:rotfl2: Well I'm glad the game is still going even if I'm the only one playing! It's funny I have never noticed all of those unique tiles you photographed. I will have to pay closer attention in the future. It would be neat if you could purchase those tiles (and the cool tiles in some of the resorts, like at Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge) and have some disney at home! Are those the restrooms near Navi River Journey or the ones over by Satuli? I've only been in the ones by NRJ.

Another great update:thumbsup2
Yes not sure why the animals were MIA on our safaris this trip. I think the cm’s were a little late getting them out to coordinate with the first few safaris??

It does make sense to change the name because droves of people would probably head to Flights of Wonder, thinking it was FoP! I mean people do think Harry Potter World is somewhere in Disney so yes people don’t research!!

The UP show is worth a 1x visit.I noticed I put our selfie in the FoP section of my report and it says Flights of Wonder:rotfl2:lump me in with the people I referenced above:rotfl:

Y&Y was so delicious and wow the fried chicken was so good, highly recommend both dishes.

The bathroom is in Asia believe it or not, on the way to EE.

Good to know!! Birds don't really bother me unless they're pooping on me. That only happened once, recently when we were out for a run on a work trip in Ontario...and I don't think I'll ever get over the shock and the gross-factor!! :eek:
Yes the poop factor is always a negative:rotfl: An overprotective goose tried to attack me once when I was out walking so this experience makes me a little nervous of all birds!

I haven't been on in a bit, but I'm finally caught up!

Yay for the graduation party! I love the taco bar theme. Spanish was my major, too, when I went to college the first time.

I've been curious about the Up show, but I think I'll skip it. I don't like birds flying around me unless they're adorable little owls perched on someone's arm.

I'm getting a Landry's card for the sole purpose of using it as Disney as we really have no Landry's properties nearby. My husband's birthday is in October and our trip is November so it'll be nice to have his reward to use at Yak & Yeti.

Good to know!! Birds don't really bother me unless they're pooping on me
Gee why would that bother you :rotfl2:

I liked Flights of Wonder, it was cute to do every couple trips so I was disappointed when reviews of the UP show weren't that great. I want to see it anyway but didn't make it a priority in May, so we'll try it on one of our next trips. Glad the birds are still interacting a bit :)

Hey people it is a day park, you are not staying overnight, no need to pack for 3 days!

Ugh, I always seem to get behind people with multiple bags that have multiple zippers and are just crammed full!

He is always saying, “it is fun and games until some one loses an eye, arm, leg, etc.....I think you get the gist so this was perfect for him.

This is so funny, and the shirt is perfect!

I got one for myself and Andi got one and she also bought the 4 park Tervis cup.

I was so close to buying that and now I kind of wish I had!

img_jun212018at103224am-jpg.331478

Looks so yummy!

Isn’t the old Discovery Island creepy.
I want to explore it!!

The actors are wonderful and the blonde girl who giggles all the time, she is a hoot.

SHe's so great - you just can't help but laugh along with her!

So alas, no Splash this trip.

Nooo, that's too sad!

I didn’t care to share the little boat seat with 2 big guys!

4 adult bums are definitely pushing it on that ride!

We went to our quiet path in Pandora and hung out some before our flight.

Favorite path in all of Disney!

This looks like the PERFECT chicken and waffles!

Someone has probably already guessed, but maybe the bathrooms by Everest with all the packs and things out front?

I haven't been on in a bit, but I'm finally caught up!

Yay for the graduation party! I love the taco bar theme. Spanish was my major, too, when I went to college the first time.

I've been curious about the Up show, but I think I'll skip it. I don't like birds flying around me unless they're adorable little owls perched on someone's arm.

I'm getting a Landry's card for the sole purpose of using it as Disney as we really have no Landry's properties nearby. My husband's birthday is in October and our trip is November so it'll be nice to have his reward to use at Yak & Yeti.
Ahh Thank you, glad to see you back! The graduation party was fun and now I have a college student, wow time flies!

The birds in the UP show mainly fly down the center aisle so sitting in the far left or right is a good choice. It is cute!

The Landry’s card is so worth it, we have used it almost every trip and love our meals.

Gee why would that bother you :rotfl2:

I liked Flights of Wonder, it was cute to do every couple trips so I was disappointed when reviews of the UP show weren't that great. I want to see it anyway but didn't make it a priority in May, so we'll try it on one of our next trips. Glad the birds are still interacting a bit :)
I think you should do the UP show at least once, it is cute and the birds are fun and hopefully no pooping on your head:rotfl2:

Ugh, I always seem to get behind people with multiple bags that have multiple zippers and are just crammed full!

This is so funny, and the shirt is perfect!

I was so close to buying that and now I kind of wish I had!

Looks so yummy!

I want to explore it!!

SHe's so great - you just can't help but laugh along with her!

Nooo, that's too sad!

4 adult bums are definitely pushing it on that ride!

Favorite path in all of Disney!

This looks like the PERFECT chicken and waffles!

Someone has probably already guessed, but maybe the bathrooms by Everest with all the packs and things out front?

People and their bags ugh! Why so much in the park??

The Pineapple upside down cake is so yummy!

The chicken and waffles was really good!

Ding Ding!! Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!! You guessed the correct bathroom :dancer::rotfl:

A Great Food Day continues on in Epcot........................Part 2 Day 5.............

After a nice rest at FQ, it was time to head out to Epcot. We did not wait long for a bus and we were off. There was a lady on the bus and she was decked out in designer clothes and accessories! Wow, she must have had a fancy date at Epcot,:rotfl2:I really was feeling second class with my park gear on:hyper:.

We really did not have much for plans this evening so we took our time and looked around MouseGears. I debated on buying a million things but I just window shopped this time around.

I saw a pp CM doing some cute magic shots so we decided to get a few pictures. She was very nice and took some cute pictures. She was obsessed with cats and wanted to tell us all about her cats at home:cat:. We are dog people, my son and husband are so allergic to cats, we have 3 dogs. 1 Bishon, 2 Labs (yellow and Black). They are such sweet dogs, all 3!

The pp CM did forgive us for not having a cat, she told us she likes dogs to! pug::dog:Here are the pictures she took.
IMG_Jul102018at81455PM.jpg IMG_Jul102018at81428PM.jpg IMG_Jul102018at81358PM.jpg

We headed into WS, I am going to be honest we did not have any plans and we were moving slow. Soon we were in America and sat for awhile to listen to the concert going on. Bo Bice from American Idol was singing and he is excellent.
He was a finalist with Carrie Underwood, I actually wanted him to win. :rockband: After a little music, we walked over to Japan and checked in for our ADR, which was at Tokyo Dining. We were a little early so we took a stroll through Mitsukoshi, such a fun store. We also checked out the Kawaii “cute” display before our pager for dinner went off.

It was busy at Tokyo Dining this evening. We were seated by the sushi chefs. This was fun to watch and the chefs were all females:worship: and they were working hard.
IMG_Jul102018at81557PM.jpg

We decided to share some plates, first up was the Spicy Calamari Tempura with spicy Miso Sauce. This is so delicious, it is crunchy on the outside and smooth on the inside. The spicy miso is a great dipping sauce for these.
IMG_Jul102018at81254PM.jpg

Next up was several different sushi plates. Firecracker Roll and California Roll. We enjoyed both of these.
The firecracker Roll has tempura shrimp with wakame salad and jalapeño finished with an eel sauce. This was so good. I do not like really spicy food and this was fine because you could add the jalapeño or leave it for Andi the spice freak!
IMG_Jul102018at81225PM.jpg

The California Roll was crab meat, avocado, cucumber, smelt roe, and Japanese mayonnaise. This was so fresh tasting.
IMG_Jul102018at81153PM.jpg

The staff here is top notch, so attentive and nice. This was a wonderful meal for us, it was light and just what we were looking for. There is great variety on this menu and the bento boxes looked very filling and hearty with Filet Mignon so many different choices. We finished up and paid our bill and headed out to the busy WS.

I wanted to try the lemon scone with berry sauce and whipping cream for my dessert so off to the UK we went.
IMG_Jul102018at81325PM.jpg

This was good but not great, it was a little dry but overall I did enjoy it. I can’t find my picture of it so this is from Disney food blog.

I took a picture of Captain Hook and Peter Pan, I like PP up on the building better! What do you all think??
IMG_Jul102018at81520PM.jpg

Here is a bathroom for you all, now this is one we as guests can’t use at Epcot, it is only for show:rotfl2:
IMG_Jul102018at81625PM.jpg

We had a TT FP and Andi was not feeling it, so we passed:car:. It was time to say goodnight and goodbye to Epcot until we meet again!

Food totals for today
Starbucks (your killing me this trip:coffee:) $16.00
Y&Y (used the rest of a gift certificate) so only spent $25.00
Tokyo Dining $45.00
Lemon Scone $6.00
Total= $92.00

Stay tuned for our last day at MK, we had a wonderful breakfast with some special friends! Speaking of, have any of you seen the trailer for Christopher Robbin? It looks so wonderful, I love Ewan McGregor so a big plus there and the sentiment alone has me so excited!!

Sorry this post was a little boring, we just had a slow easy evening at Epcot.

I wanted to mention today was Dapper Days at MK, Andi really wanted to go but we didn’t realize it until very late in the day and we also did not have anything remotely Dapper. We did see some nice pictures on Instagram of all the very Dapper people in the MK.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter