We went, we ate, we're back! 1st time DDP users take on WDW...

welovedis said:
We enjoyed our last night in WDW sitting under the twinkling tree lights & gazing at the sorcerer's hat in MGM.

Thank you for your daily reports! I enjoyed reading each and every one of them.

I'm sorry you experienced such problems with some meals and servers (especially EOS...but that's another story for another time). Yet, I'm happy you caught the problems before they became PROBLEMS. I hope the "little something" in your letter to Guest Relations causes a change in the one server's service...food allergies are not something to take lightly.

I especially liked how the vacation ended...a good memory, I'm sure.

Our food total for the trip came to a whopping:
$1276.70!

I paid (as I mentioned) $695.76 for the meal plan, so we saved $580.94 over the course of the trip.

On our next trip we'll heading back to some of the same places, some different but I know the meal plan will save us again!

Hope this info helped, if anyone has questions about the DDP credits that we used, the restaurants or food allergy issues, I'd be happy to answer the best I can! :)

welovedis said:
...had to ask him twice to speak with the chef regarding my food allergies (he said he had forgotten when I asked him the 1st time and was I sure that I couldn't just tell him and he would go back & forth with the chef), brought DS the wrong appetizer (he ordered nachos, they brought cheesesticks) so he had to wait for them to come out. He gave me the wrong appetizer, good thing I looked before I ate the shrimp because they were sitting on something made with egg, which I have an anaphylactic allergy to, .....

I am so sorry that this happened to you. This has happened to me at places too. I also like to eliminate the middle man when it comes to making sure my dinner doesn't kill me. We had one waiter once (not WDW) that was so bad DH took my Epi Pen out and put it on the table. Funny now, at the time, not so much!! That is so scary that they brought out an allergy food- yikes! Last year at WDW, I forget which restaurant, I ordered cheesecake. I asked for it WITHOUT the fruit topping, since I have a strawberry allergy. What does it come out oozing?? Yup, you guessed it, red berry sauce. I told the waiter, I need one without the berry topping. If you have chocolate sauce I'd love it, but plain is fine, I'm allergic to strawberries. Response- Ohhh- well, I think that might be raspberry, so that'd be okay. I glare, time passes. I'm pretty sure it is raspberry, don't you want that one? It's really good. Um, NO!! red sauce with berry seeds in it, I don't think so! I really just can't take the chance. The chefs just seem to have a better grasp of the allergy situation. I'm so glad it worked out for you!

ZPT1022 said:
I am so sorry that this happened to you. This has happened to me at places too. I also like to eliminate the middle man when it comes to making sure my dinner doesn't kill me. We had one waiter once (not WDW) that was so bad DH took my Epi Pen out and put it on the table. Funny now, at the time, not so much!! That is so scary that they brought out an allergy food- yikes! Last year at WDW, I forget which restaurant, I ordered cheesecake. I asked for it WITHOUT the fruit topping, since I have a strawberry allergy. What does it come out oozing?? Yup, you guessed it, red berry sauce. I told the waiter, I need one without the berry topping. If you have chocolate sauce I'd love it, but plain is fine, I'm allergic to strawberries. Response- Ohhh- well, I think that might be raspberry, so that'd be okay. I glare, time passes. I'm pretty sure it is raspberry, don't you want that one? It's really good. Um, NO!! red sauce with berry seeds in it, I don't think so! I really just can't take the chance. The chefs just seem to have a better grasp of the allergy situation. I'm so glad it worked out for you!

Wow, that was quite a server! I'm glad that you didn't attempt to even try it, some people might be pressured into that but glad you stuck to your guns, so to speak.

And I don't want to come across as someone who whines or complains about the servers everywhere or anything, we really had enjoyable dinners and are the kind of people who let things roll off our backs I think. But to get attitude from the server, when (1) the restaurant was not at its busiest, maybe 10 tables seated when we were trying to speak with the chef (2) when the chef came out he said he didn't even know that I asked to speak with him earlier. I've only ever given my allergy info to a server, not a chef, at WCC in January and had an allergic reaction after dining, so that's not going to happen again.

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

welovedis said:
Wow, that was quite a server! I'm glad that you didn't attempt to even try it, some people might be pressured into that but glad you stuck to your guns, so to speak.

And I don't want to come across as someone who whines or complains about the servers everywhere or anything, we really had enjoyable dinners and are the kind of people who let things roll off our backs I think. But to get attitude from the server, when (1) the restaurant was not at its busiest, maybe 10 tables seated when we were trying to speak with the chef (2) when the chef came out he said he didn't even know that I asked to speak with him earlier. I've only ever given my allergy info to a server, not a chef, at WCC in January and had an allergic reaction after dining, so that's not going to happen again.

I understand- over the course of about 13 days in WDW last year we had that one complaint, and a few more minor things, so all in all not too bad. I didn't think you were trying to complain, I just think it's annoying that they don't take it seriously. If it were just a matter of tastes, then it would be one thing, but allergies are not something to take lightly. That's sad to hear about WCC, did you let them know so that they can communicate to the staff just how serious these things are?? I hope so, because I think some people really truly just don't understand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter