Wearing a Birthday Pin

osufeth24

DIS Veteran
This may seem like a silly/stupid question. I'm currently a 31 year old male. II will be turning 32 a week from Saturday. I live locally, and my parents are coming down and we're hitting the parks Thurs-Sat. I just moved down last April when I bought an AP, so I have never been to a theme park during my birthday. Is it considered strange for someone like me to be wearing one of these pins? Is it generally meant for kids? I kind of want to wear one, but it's not like it's a special year.

Definitely wear it on your birthday! I have been to WDW on my birthday a number of times and always wear a pin the day of (I am in my 50s). I have received a few free dessert perks at WDW restaurants because of the pin. I did, however, take it off for part of the day because I actually got tired of everyone saying "Happy Birthday". (Weird, I know.) Make sure you have it on for any table service meals you do that day, though. No guarantee you will get a free dessert, but at least someone will acknowledge your birthday. Some people say to wear it for your entire trip, but I only wear it on my actual birthday because that feels like cheating to me.:cake:

On our last trip, both my husband and my son wore birthday pins, nobody thinks twice about it and it's fun hearing "happy birthday" from the cast members!

At Disney, it's their policy to allow you to celebrate anywhere from 6 months before, to 6 months after your special day ;) So have fun!

Wear it!
I turned 40 in WDW, and it was just DH and Ion the trip.
But know that it will bring a lot of attention from cast members, who will seemingly spot you before you see them, to wish you a happy birthday. You might even get some Mickey Magic, although it's not guaranteed. I was walking along the Main Street shops when the Dapper Dans spotted me and sang Happy Birthday. At Crystal Palace and Be Our Guest, cards signed by the characters were delivered to my table, as well as desserts with a birthday candle.

I went to WDW on my birthday in 2009, the year that you could get a one day park ticket for free on your birthday. You bet I wore that button all day long. It was my 31st birthday. :)

Wear it! Adults wear them too! I've worn one before (40's). Got lots of attention. I'm an introvert, so it was kind of awkward for me, but still fun. It was fun for my DH and kids to see it too, so I'm sure your parents will get a kick out seeing any attention you may receive.
"Magic" may not happen, but you will get lots of birthday wishes from cms.

Our last trip was over DH's birthday and my birthday is 20 days later. DH alone wore the birthday button ON his birthday, then we both wore the birthday buttons for the rest of our trip, as we were celebrating both our birthdays! You get lots of birthday wishes...if you're at a character meal, you'll get a signed birthday card from the characters, and cupcakes!

This may seem like a silly/stupid question. I'm currently a 31 year old male. II will be turning 32 a week from Saturday. I live locally, and my parents are coming down and we're hitting the parks Thurs-Sat. I just moved down last April when I bought an AP, so I have never been to a theme park during my birthday. Is it considered strange for someone like me to be wearing one of these pins? Is it generally meant for kids? I kind of want to wear one, but it's not like it's a special year.
Wear it! I wore mine for my 40th Birthday for a week! What's not to celebrate! You deserve it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter