Wearing a Birthday Pin

I wore mine for my 40th and it was so fun! I got birthday wishes from nearly every cast member I came across and even a few other guests! I got a free cupcake during one of our meals but no other "pixie dust." I wasn't expecting anything but it was a very nice gesture!

I wore one all four days of my solo trip for my 40th birthday. At the time - there was talking Mickey at Town Square Theater - and he sang Happy Birthday to me - on my real, actual birthday. It was fun.

We vacationed at WDW for my 60th BDay. I wore the pin all week. Got a sword and eye patch form a bus driver, free mickey ice cream from the vendor at the Magic Kingdom, my own parade with Pooh and all the characters at the Crystal Palace and so many birthday greetings. I loved it. What do you mean the pin is for kids? When you are at WDW, no matter the age, you are a kid.

My DD is turning the big 3-0 and this trip is her present from us. She'll be sporting birthday Minnie ears, a pin and wearing a "birthday girl" t-shirt. She's all about it! Enjoy and have fun

This may seem like a silly/stupid question. I'm currently a 31 year old male. II will be turning 32 a week from Saturday. I live locally, and my parents are coming down and we're hitting the parks Thurs-Sat. I just moved down last April when I bought an AP, so I have never been to a theme park during my birthday. Is it considered strange for someone like me to be wearing one of these pins? Is it generally meant for kids? I kind of want to wear one, but it's not like it's a special year.

I'm soon to be 56 years old. My wife and I have to travel on or around my birthday due to my employment. I wear a birthday pin every time. I love the idea that I can celebrate my day at Disney and even more so, the extra attention the awesome CM's show those with the pins. Wear that pin regardless of your actual age. It's what's on the inside that counts! ;)

Disney is one of the few places on Earth where an adult can wear a birthday pin, and no one thinks it’s stupid.

Of course, it’s one of the few places grown men and women can look normal wearing mouse ears or carrying a light saber, so you’re going to have to work harder than a pin to stand out as strange.

We had ten people on our last trip: 1 with a birthday, 3 First Trip, 1 high school graduation. That covered all of the 18 and unders. When we checked into the hotel, the CM made sure all ten of us had a button & our adult nephew's button said he was celebrating "life". DH & I decided to celebrate our upcoming 25th wedding anniversary & SIL & her DH celebrated each other too.

Wear the button proudly!

This may seem like a silly/stupid question. I'm currently a 31 year old male. II will be turning 32 a week from Saturday. I live locally, and my parents are coming down and we're hitting the parks Thurs-Sat. I just moved down last April when I bought an AP, so I have never been to a theme park during my birthday. Is it considered strange for someone like me to be wearing one of these pins? Is it generally meant for kids? I kind of want to wear one, but it's not like it's a special year.

My first time back to the World as an adult was in 2016, a short 4 day trip. My then-14 year old cousin is a Florida local and we took her as a middle school graduation present. It happened to fall on my 36th birthday, around Memorial Day, and when we picked up our tickets at guest services we all got celebration buttons, including a birthday button for me. I wore my button the whole weekend, not just the actual day! My little cousin made fun of me as a too cool for school teen but I didn't care. CMs were all great but I even got a lot of well wishes from other guests. I always love to see what people are celebrating and wish them well. Last August I had a celebration button for my promotion at work and it sparked a lot of fun conversations.

My gf and I are going at the beginning of May, since I wanted to go for my actual birthday again, but earlier in the month was cheaper in terms of the resort rates. I made sure to have our TA note that we were celebrating on our reservation and I 100% plan on getting that button on check in and wearing it the whole 10 days lol. We will do the same thing in July for my gf's surprise weekend trip for the 4th (her birthday is almost exactly two months after mine, to the day).

We like to go the week of my husband's birthday and he wears one on his shirt on his birthday, but then throws it on his backpack the rest of the trip. Never to old for anything at WDW.

I'm going to pick up an anniversary pin, even though I'll be there on my own. It is why I am there, and it feels important to me to mark such a thing. I feel WAY more confident after reading this.

My boyfriend wore his last trip. He got extra desserts at all the restaurants, cards signed by the characters, everyone that walked by wished him a happy birthday.

Definitely wear it! My sister wore an I’m Celebrating button to celebrate getting fired the day before the trip (she had another job already lined up). Everyone loved it and gave us so many funny memories

So speaking of celebration pins, one time during F&W I think I saw the strangest pin. It was a male and female together and the celebration pin said celebrating our divorce

I really wanted to know if they were divorcing each other, or if they are like good friends and they were both getting out of a bad relationship

I walk with the Mickey ears all of the time and with the pins to! Happy birthday 🎉

On our last Disney trip my DH wore one on his birthday. We had breakfast at Cape May and he got a donut with a candle and a card from all of the characters. Lunch was at Tutto Italia and he has allergies so they brought him sorbet with a candle and was sung to in Italian. Dinner was at Le Cellier and again he was brought a sorbet with a candle and was sung to. All day long CMs and guests wished him a Happy Birthday.

You should totally wear one! We went when my older daughter turned 5 and my husband had a birthday the following week. They both wore pins and loved the experience!

Wear it!! It's Disney -- where everyone who walks through the gates is 8 years old (or at least feels like a kid). That's what I love most about Disney magic :lovestruc
Happy birthday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter