Weather concern

JFox

DIS Veteran
Screenshot_20180101-170201.png
1/15. Luau Beach. 11:00am. Strapless dress. 0 guests. Just me and the groom.

I know that nothing is certain when it comes to the Weather and the need for the backup location will be decided day of. Only if colder than 40° and 40% chance of rain. Per our BEO the back up is Citricos at GF. Isn't that a restaurant? I've never been. I'm looking online for pictures and see a lot of reception and banquet set ups. Would my ceremony really be amongst the tables and chairs? Is the castle even visible from the restaurant? I'm having a mini meltdown now...where is my Xanex?

It’s way too far out for that forecast to be accurate. You really won’t know until maybe the day before.

I can’t answer the question about Citricos, however the castle should be visible from there.

Try not to worry. It’s out of your control.

Actually I would be happy with that forecast. I feel I can speak on this as my daughter had a 10:00 am wedding in November. The wedding was inside but I still didn’t want to deal with bad weather. She was also having a 9 pm dessert party and the temperature for that really worried me as I did not want an indoor dessert party. It all worked out but I totally get how nerve racking that is!!! Your temperatures look like even with fluctuations it will be fine for 11am. And isolated thunderstorms at a 30% chance are pretty good odds for no rain in your spot at your time. Good luck!

Liz

I wouldn't try to worry too much about the weather. It poored literally 5 minutes before I was supposed to walk down the isle at my outdoor forest wedding and everything went beautifully. Sure the ground was wet, and my dress has a bit of dirt on the trian, but we got married and it all went without any huge problems. If you let the weather freak you out, you'll be stressing all the way up to saying your vows.

There is a rotunda in citricos that they have used for cake cuttings that I imagine they will use for your ceremony if need be.

Yeah, they don't use Citricos the restaurant, just the lobby area:

Citricos%20Rotunda_zpsy2zn0que.jpg

Citricos%202_zps1a1xedai.jpg

Citricos%20portrait%201_zpsapqzu5xs.jpg

citricos%20portrait%202_zpsukbbpkxv.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter