Weather/crowds for May?

Both of my more recent trips have been in May! We went the first week, and the third week of May. Both times, the crowds were moderate or low during the weekdays. On weekends, it picked up a little. We were ok with our fastpasses and a little planning, though. Longest line we had was 40 minutes for Peter Pan. Just make sure you plan!

It was never cold, or anything. Hot weather, but not as bad as other summer months. There was rain in the afternoon a lot, but it always went away after an hour or so. I think that's pretty typical for Florida, though.

I would suggest the first two weeks of May... most kids are still in school then, so smaller crowds in general.

Both of my more recent trips have been in May! We went the first week, and the third week of May. Both times, the crowds were moderate or low during the weekdays. On weekends, it picked up a little. We were ok with our fastpasses and a little planning, though. Longest line we had was 40 minutes for Peter Pan. Just make sure you plan!

It was never cold, or anything. Hot weather, but not as bad as other summer months. There was rain in the afternoon a lot, but it always went away after an hour or so. I think that's pretty typical for Florida, though.

I would suggest the first two weeks of May... most kids are still in school then, so smaller crowds in general.

I think the OP is asking about DLR, not WDW.

For the OP: keep checking here and on other boards for the 2018 dates for Grad Nites. Here are the dates for this year: 2017 Grad Nites – May 5, 6, 10, 17, 19, 20, 24, 30, and 31; June 2, 3, 6, 7, 9, 10, 14, 16, and 17. You can see that they started in early May this year. Some people don't mind Grad Nites, while others avoid them at all costs. It's worth knowing about them and where they will fall during your trip so that you can plan accordingly.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter