Weather forecast question

ShelbyK

Mouseketeer
I know everyone says not to pay attention to weather forecasts at Disney and that it will change 100 times but is that also true for the temperature in general? If my extended forecast is showing highs of 85 and lows of 65 will that be about right? Would you bring light jackets for a forecast saying low of 65?

Living here for the past 22 years I can tell you that it's pretty accurate. If you live in FL, you'd wear a jacket at 65. Northerners, not so much. LOL And remember, lows happen at like 5 in the morning. So your evening temp will probably be in the 70's. If your comfortable with that w/o a jacket, you'll be fine. Maybe throw in a sweatshirt just in case but it should be accurate.
I assume you are coming in next week. We are expecting a cold front on Sunday night (4/15) that will drop temps for Monday/Tuesday. Extended forecast should bring summer back by Thursday though. :-)

with florida humidity there is a very large chance you will not need a jacket. Even as a local i typically don’t need one unless its 60 or below. Plus usually the “low” is only between like 3-4AM and the second the sun rises it’ll be hot.

If you think you might need it, take it. We didn't one year and ended up buying 4 light jackets and they weren't cheap. For some reason, 60s feels cooler in FL than it does in OH to us.

I'm cold in the 60's...so I always have a light sweater with me even the low 70's I might use it.

I'm from Georgia so even in Sept. I take a sweater since sometimes after a rain the evening it can be a bit chilly for me.

OP... I was wondering the same thing as I will be there next week too. I decided on throwing in some pants and a sweater for safe measure... although I'm hoping the thunderstorms scheduled to hit Sun,mon,tues stay away.

Our forecast was like that for our current trip (here same week maybe?) and I was SO happy we had jeans and sweatshirts with us last night to watch the fireworks! It was definitely colder than I thought FL would be on april.

OP... I was wondering the same thing as I will be there next week too. I decided on throwing in some pants and a sweater for safe measure... although I'm hoping the thunderstorms scheduled to hit Sun,mon,tues stay away.
Same here. Coming from the Northeast the weather will be warm for us so we aren't expecting to bring any extra layers....but the forecast is showing rain Sun/Mon/Tues/Wed which is already stressing my wife out.

Same here. Coming from the Northeast the weather will be warm for us so we aren't expecting to bring any extra layers....but the forecast is showing rain Sun/Mon/Tues/Wed which is already stressing my wife out.
I'm stressing about it a little too. Then I try to remind myself even if it does rain, odds are it will be for a very short time. It's not like here in the Midwest where when it rains, it rains ALL day.

well we just got back,and the last two days called for lots of Tstorms.... we got one little 5 minute sprinkle. So yahoo! you never know, but we were prepared with our rain gear both days. (earlier in the week we did get the predicted Tstorm,and cool evening after tho) We needed jackets one night after that but otherwise not really.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter