Web-Based Interview Q&A

kmg148

DIS Veteran
I figured I would start a thread for any questions or advice about the WBI for those applying next month!

For those who have taken it, any advice?

Secondly, if I am still a CM (seasonal), do I need to take WBI? Will there be a way for me to bypass it if that is the case?

I heard that if you're already a cast member then you can bypass it.

Anyway, I have taken it and passed. It seemed pretty easy and typical of all job applications. It's simple 'what would you do' questions, and it asks you about friends and work. It's actually a lot of the same questions, just worded differently. My advice is to be consistent!

So, it's really nothing to worry about! That's one part of the whole thing I'm actually not anxious about, lol.

I agree with BabyPiglet, it's really simple and nothing to worry about if you follow the advice that's already been posted around the boards...

1. Be consistent.
2. Try to only answer "strongly agree" or "strongly disagree."
3. Relate all the questions to you in work situations, not personal ones.

e voila! Unless you're a creeper who's going to steal, show up late, and pick fights with your co-workers, no worries!

My advice would be to be conscious of the fact that you're taking a test for a potential employer, and answer the questions with the answer that regards the trait that an employer would want the most in an employee.

Some of the questions are kind of like this....

With 1 being Strongly Disagree, and 5 being Strongly Agree, and 3 being Neutral, rate how you think the following describe your personality:

I am lazy 1_ 2_ 3_ 4_ 5_
I always finish tasks well before I need to 1_ 2_ 3_ 4_ 5_
I tend to get along with others 1_ 2_ 3_ 4_ 5_

etc.

A lot of the questions are really obvious ones like that as to what answer the employer is really looking for, and a lot of questions are just the same questions put into different words.

I wouldn't really stress about the web interview, just answer the questions with "strongly agree" or "strongly disagree" most of the time instead of using the more neutral options, and try to remember you're taking the test for someone who is going to hire you to work for them. The phone interview is where they really end up determining if they are going to accept you or not anyways.

Thanks :) I'm worrying about it and I don't even think I have to take it, lol!

I'm also kind of nervous about the web interview but from what I have heard it sounds pretty straight forward!

Another point to remember: Use Internet Explorer (I know, I know)! Apparently the web-based interview does not play nice with other web browsers and a few people were inadvertently rejected due to compatibility issues.

You'll also need IE for logging onto the WDWCP acceptance website, so it's best to just get it and suck it up, unfortunately.

Great information you posted in that other thread. I had no idea it worked that way, so that helps. Thanks!

Great information you posted in that other thread. I had no idea it worked that way, so that helps. Thanks!

Glad I could help!

My school would always stop regular classes two weeks before any standardized test to teach us how to manipulate them in our favor (better test scores = more grant money/funding). Gotta love the public school system, "why spend all that time and money teaching the material on the test when we can just spend two weeks teaching them how to undermine it." Still, at least it comes in handy with things like this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter