Wedding in Paradise Fall 2017 - complete 5/30 - Wedding TR linked!

I'm Back....
For a quick check-in! I've been busy and pretty absent.

Things we've accomplished:

Made a few final payments, just have the dessert party one left. Nothing to make it feel real like spending thousands of dollars out of your bank account!

Invitations have been finished and mailed. I will come back and post pictures of them after, when I don't have to worry about hiding dates and things. I'm happy with how they came out, even though the inside wasn't how I first imagined they'd end up. Zack was great with helping, thank goodness, because I've worked so dang much. They went out a little later than I would have liked, but on the other hand, we already know who's coming and they have a good idea of what's going on.

We've got about half of Zack's outfit, but it's the biggest/hardest parts (in my mind)! We got his vest and pants. Now he needs a shirt, tie, possibly shoes, and possibly a belt. Wait a second... He's looking for some specific blue color for his shirt that he can't describe. But it should be something like this, except no pattern to the shirt and it will be his special shade of blue:

f85eea52a523d9b4ffe4f3476da0e74d--grey-vest-grey-suit-blue-shirt.jpg

I know he's been looking for hidden mickey ties, but at this rate he might just have to settle for whatever Kohl's has.

Things still in progress:

I haven't found the earrings I posted about. I think I'm now stuck in a place where I'm secretly holding out hope I'll find them, even though I won't, so everything else I look at doesn't measure up. And I don't want to spend a ton.

Dress is getting the last bit of alterations and will be ready to pick up in a few weeks. I didn't post a picture of it originally, because around that time Zack was talking about joining the Dis. And he did! But hasn't posted, read, even been on since a few days after he made his account. But with my luck, if I posted it now...

We got my wedding band, but had issues with Zack's. If you remember, we sent it back because the color was too dark/much darker than the one at the store. It took a few weeks longer than we were told to come back in, and when it did it was the same. We went into the store to see, and the manager showed us how he thinks the light of the jewelry case faded the wood. Which sounds really weird, but on the other hand jewelry usually isn't made of things that fade... and if you looked at the bottom sides of the rings, where the tags were, they were much darker than the side that was displayed. I also remember Zack looking at those rings not long after we got engaged, so I wouldn't be surprised if those are the same display ones - that would mean they've been there over two years! Zack picked the shade lighter, so hopefully he'll be happy when it comes in. I don't know how many times I brought up looking at rings for him, and he always said oh there's plenty of time... boys. :sad2: Also, I hope they order some new display rings so this doesn't happen to anyone else!

We also got a ring box with my band that is big enough for two rings side by side... so ring box, check! Even better than the wooden box I thought about buying from Hobby Lobby for $2, especially since it will go in the Best Man's pocket. Maybe I'll Mod Podge something on top :)

I'm working on flowers right now. I've pretty much decided which flower designs I like and just need to make some more, so I can put them together. Most other decorations and such have been dropped due to travel and logistics.

I need to set up our Uber code, which is how we're providing transportation for everyone. If I'm remembering right, the cheapest shuttle I could get for us was $600 + taxes, fees, and tip. Everyone is staying at different places which made it hard too. This way they can just grab an Uber to the ceremony, and we'll all do it together to go to lunch. I'm going to make little cards with the code to hand out once we're down there for people to keep on them. I also might throw my referral code on there for any first time riders... :scratchin I have been thinking about a special ride for Zack and I, as a surprise...

Timeline and ceremony script is mostly figured out. The only things are just deciding on a few traditional elements and how to fit them in if we want... things like a unity ceremony, first dance, and cake. I'm not quite sure where to fit in a dance, and I'm torn on a cake because of Food and Wine festival and the Dessert Party.

This feels like we have lots left to do... I guess it's one of those we do but we don't things. Most of them are little, and won't take much time once I sit down and do them. Maybe I'll go do the Uber code now...

Orrrrrr maybe I'll post Hair and makeup ideas!

Hair and Makeup Ideas

Gosh I'm repetitive, huh? :)

So I'm pretty undecided/vague on how I want my hair to look, for the most part. As a refresher, here's the headband I have:

50a33f318ffa2e96f1500c09bd5a9a7f.jpg

I got my hair cut yesterday, but it's still very long. And thick, and has lots of natural curl. So anything straight is out in humid Florida weather :) But that's okay, because I now embrace my curls. I love them. It took us awhile, we had some rough patches, but we figured it out. This also means that when you curl my hair with a curling iron, it last for a week :rotfl:

At my last dress fitting, I learned something very important - my hair will stick to the detail on the top of the dress. I should not be surprised. Just need a hairstyle that doesn't fall in front of my shoulders.

So I know I don't want this, from the front. Unpolished fits me more :)

halfuphalfdownhairaccessory13.jpg

A few loose pieces around the face would be nice, just not too long.

d013db578c2f3e5eb9fc0bfd8a5ad4ae.jpg

5c5f5c507b5e1bd0d38dde933f956dc5.jpg

20ae5515eb8fa0c5b5a27dfddb10404b.jpg

412867c0a0821c797bb71a50c57ab3de.jpg

1db7453c0d62eb7b2735b69fb6029468.jpg

I see now I've picked out a few hairstyles with braids... But how do you describe this? Loose, pulled back, curls, long? :)

As for makeup... natural - y? I'm not so good with that. I like a pink lip on myself, but I think my lips are pretty pink to begin with. Perhaps I'll just sit down and say make me pretty! I'll probably be pretty happy no matter what because fancy hair and makeup are not one of my skills.

35721020f960d4eb445e2add46c2a8ba.jpg

2b28306aef6edec59f5828c405d92a97.jpg

I need to figure out my nails. I'll probably get a pedicure before we go, even though you won't be able to see my toes. I was thinking about making a nail appointment in Florida since doing it before we leave would be too early, but I haven't figured out when would be a good time.

I've been busy and pretty absent.

Same, I have barely been on the disboards lately!

Made a few final payments, just have the dessert party one left. Nothing to make it feel real like spending thousands of dollars out of your bank account!

Ugh, I'm not looking forward to all the money I still owe for our wedding. But yay for you being almost finished paying for everything!

Invitations have been finished and mailed. I will come back and post pictures of them after, when I don't have to worry about hiding dates and things. I'm happy with how they came out, even though the inside wasn't how I first imagined they'd end up. Zack was great with helping, thank goodness, because I've worked so dang much. They went out a little later than I would have liked, but on the other hand, we already know who's coming and they have a good idea of what's going on.

I wasn't even planning on doing invitations, but Luke's family kept asking so we finally just ordered some cheap ones from Vistaprint. I can't wait to see what yours looked like, I remember the picture you posted when you were still playing around with the design you wanted :)

I need to set up our Uber code, which is how we're providing transportation for everyone. If I'm remembering right, the cheapest shuttle I could get for us was $600 + taxes, fees, and tip. Everyone is staying at different places which made it hard too. This way they can just grab an Uber to the ceremony, and we'll all do it together to go to lunch. I'm going to make little cards with the code to hand out once we're down there for people to keep on them. I also might throw my referral code on there for any first time riders...

Ooh! Please explain this Uber code to me. Does it mean that you'll be paying the bill on the ride? Because this is something we've been talking about (so much cheaper than paying Disney for charters), but we didn't realize there was a way to set it up - we were just going to hand people cash to pay them back for the ride haha.

I'm torn on a cake because of Food and Wine festival and the Dessert Party.

I'm only having cake because it's included with our Escape package - neither one of us really love cake that much. You could always just get a tiny little 6" cake if you just wanted to ceremonially cut something?

I'll probably be pretty happy no matter what because fancy hair and makeup are not one of my skills.

Haha, I feel you on that one! We did our engagement pictures on the weekend, and I realized I have no idea how to do anything with my hair other than straighten it (and I use my straightener maybe three times a year?).

You are getting so close to your wedding day!!

Ugh, I'm not looking forward to all the money I still owe for our wedding. But yay for you being almost finished paying for everything!

I'm glad there's just one $1000+ payment left :rotfl:

Ooh! Please explain this Uber code to me. Does it mean that you'll be paying the bill on the ride? Because this is something we've been talking about (so much cheaper than paying Disney for charters), but we didn't realize there was a way to set it up - we were just going to hand people cash to pay them back for the ride haha.

Yes! I'm so glad I came across it last year. A shuttle for us would have to go to AKL, POR, the Dolphin, 2 Disney Springs hotels... at least. The cheapest quote I got was $600 not including tip. I just went back and read a bunch of reviews from the Knot/Weddingwire from people using it to, just before I set it up the other day. When I found it last year there wasn't much in the way of reviews.

If you look up Uber Events it is a special site. You login to your Uber account and it walks you through the process.
  • Name your event
  • Put in location (which restricts people to only using it to get to/from there, so they can't use it to go to Universal or something :)) or you can make it so they can use it to go anywhere during your time period.
  • Next you set up the time period you want it active, you can do multiple days if you want or just a few hours.
  • Add an email list, so it emails each person a unique code, or pick the option to send them yourself, which is what we did.
  • Decide how many passes you want
  • General or Unique code: this is basically the same as the email thing. We did general so we can just make a card for everyone with the code. The unique one is a bunch of individual one-time use codes
  • Purchase page: you can change the number, decided how many rides per pass (one way vs roundtrip), and how much you want to cover per ride. Then it charges you a service fee of 2.5% of your max cost. I got 10 roundtrip passes covering up to $25 each, so my service fee was $12.50.
  • After your event, it charges you for the exact amount of your guests' rides. I used their estimator so I think we'll come in around $200-$250, and that's covering Hotel>Ceremony>Lunch>Hotel, and Zack and I using the premium Uber. I was going to surprise him with a classic car for us, but the place I was talking to got rid of the one I wanted :( So now I'm debating fancy Uber vs a towncar.
I'm only having cake because it's included with our Escape package - neither one of us really love cake that much. You could always just get a tiny little 6" cake if you just wanted to ceremonially cut something?

I might do something like that. I have a cake topper I want to use, and there's just a few traditional things I'm torn on having like the cake cutting.

Haha, I feel you on that one! We did our engagement pictures on the weekend, and I realized I have no idea how to do anything with my hair other than straighten it (and I use my straightener maybe three times a year?).

The only time my hair is ever straight anymore, is when I get it cut. Only because they usually straighten it to check the cut :rotfl:

It took me forever (sorry!!) but I finally got over here and got caught up! Just in time, apparently! You must be almost to the day...or are you there now? Anyway, sooo exciting!! I'm sorry for all the trials and drama you've endured to get to this place, but it will be amazing and soo worth it! I highly recommend bringing your stylist a few inspiration pictures like the ones you posted for your hair and makeup. You can tell them it doesn't have to look exactly like that or anything, but just to give them a general idea of what kinds of things you like. I did that for my hair, and I loved it. I didn't do it for my makeup, and I was not a fan. Looking back, one of my few regrets was feeling like I had super heavy eyebrows and raccoon eyes on my wedding day, as silly and unimportant as it sounds. I have so many things to comment on—should have quoted things along the way!—but suffice it to say that I'm SO excited for you, and I hope to hear all about it between now and then and/or after the Disneymoon (which will be amazing!!)

It took me forever (sorry!!) but I finally got over here and got caught up! Just in time, apparently! You must be almost to the day...or are you there now? Anyway, sooo exciting!! I'm sorry for all the trials and drama you've endured to get to this place, but it will be amazing and soo worth it! I highly recommend bringing your stylist a few inspiration pictures like the ones you posted for your hair and makeup. You can tell them it doesn't have to look exactly like that or anything, but just to give them a general idea of what kinds of things you like. I did that for my hair, and I loved it. I didn't do it for my makeup, and I was not a fan. Looking back, one of my few regrets was feeling like I had super heavy eyebrows and raccoon eyes on my wedding day, as silly and unimportant as it sounds. I have so many things to comment on—should have quoted things along the way!—but suffice it to say that I'm SO excited for you, and I hope to hear all about it between now and then and/or after the Disneymoon (which will be amazing!!)
Hi! I enjoyed following your trip on here and on Instagram! Can't wait to hear more! Looked beautiful in your pictures so far <3 I've been pretty behind on the boards without leaving, so I can only imagine!

I sent some of those pictures to my hair and makeup person via email this weekend. I tried to explain a general idea too, like you said. I feel like I'm pretty easy going so I just want them as a starting point, and I'll provably be happy with how it turns out. Your hair looked amazing!

I think I'll send makeup pictures tomorrow. Now that I look at that post again, I'm not liking that first picture for that, haha! I wear very little makeup usually, and I feel like I've lost my basic mascara skills bc I don't wear makeup to work anymore! Mainly bc I'd be in the minority in my job so it made me lazy. I just feel like saying, make it better than I could ever do! :D

I might try to pop in here while we're gone... I think I might suspend my social media accounts while we're gone due to the family drama.

Trying out this upload file button...

Not a ton to report overall. Had some dessert party drama but it got sorted out. Having some ring drama with Zack's ring... These wooden rings have taken longer top come in than we've been told every time. Last week it still wasn't in, so Zack put in several calls and emails to the store manager who sold is the ring. He didn't respond, but then magically someone called this weekend to say it was in... but the color he changed to wasnt his favorite and l found one online, so we took a gamble. It does have a full refund, so we're only out shipping if its no good. So we're waiting for that to come in this week.

Painting/ decorating the other ring box wasn't looking promising, and it wasn't a detail I really cared about. But I ordered Zack a mickey tie clip and it came in am adorable mickey box, so... we have a ring box! And here's his tie:

Screenshot_20170911-234003.png

On a positive note, bouquet is done! Can't seem to get a picture to load though... hmmm... going to sign off for now!

Thanks! I need to get started on yours, it's in my watched threads list and I'm intimidated because it's so long already! :rotfl:

No worries, I totally understand being behind on the Dis and being busy! Especially post-wedding! Jeesh! A lot of it is chatter. But I also realized I only have about two months before our next trip, so I think I'm trying to squeeze out updates asap! :P It'll never be finished before our next trip though, I'm sure. There's just too much to tell!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!