Wedding Week Dining Report *Updated 1/3 Skipper Canteen COMPLETE*

Wow! How cool to be the first bride to use the carriage in the park. Talk about a fairytale!! And your photos are beyond gorgeous!! I haven’t been to Coral Reef since the early nineties. It might be time to give it another try. What a special time at Le Cellier! I totally agree with you on the table spacing. It’s awkward! But that soup...

I am so glad that I stumbled on your thread. Congratulations! Have a happy life together. Amazing pictures and trip report.

Wow your pre-park opening photos are amazing! You look beautiful and I love all the Christmas decorations in the uk too :)
Food looks great. I love both le cellier and CHH. Always go for an upstairs table in CHH as it feels less frantic and a little calmer usually (possibly not the day you were there with the added “entertainment “) :rotfl:
I’m not a huge fan of fish but I do love fried fish in batter and theirs is always tasty :thumbsup2

LOL seriously. He lives 15 miles away from us and instead brought it up with him on the three hour drive.

Too funny - Did you ask him to drive it back home?

I think originally you could only do these park shoots if you got married at Disney, they recently changed it so anyone could. They just put the 4 month timeline on so the Disney Brides get first dibs at dates and photographers.

Thanks for sharing - this is nice to know.

Wow! How cool to be the first bride to use the carriage in the park. Talk about a fairytale!! And your photos are beyond gorgeous!! I haven’t been to Coral Reef since the early nineties. It might be time to give it another try. What a special time at Le Cellier! I totally agree with you on the table spacing. It’s awkward! But that soup...
It was really awesome, I love that I was the first. Thank you so much! I do think Coral Reef is a unique restaurant with the fish tank in view, it's definitely the star and got all my attention. I know the place can be hit or miss, but if you haven't been since the nineties I think a visit is warranted. That soup is so worth the weird spacing of the tables. If you go during Food and Wine they have the soup available in the booth outside.

I couldn't possibly enjoy your review more, unless I had been a wedding guest! Do you mind getting married again and inviting me? :)
Aw thank you! LOL I actually want to do a vow renewal at Disney, I've been trying to convince my husband to do one at our five years, never too early to plan.

I am so glad that I stumbled on your thread. Congratulations! Have a happy life together. Amazing pictures and trip report.
Thank you!! I'm glad you joined in :)

Wow your pre-park opening photos are amazing! You look beautiful and I love all the Christmas decorations in the uk too :)
Food looks great. I love both le cellier and CHH. Always go for an upstairs table in CHH as it feels less frantic and a little calmer usually (possibly not the day you were there with the added “entertainment “) :rotfl:
I’m not a huge fan of fish but I do love fried fish in batter and theirs is always tasty :thumbsup2
Thank you! I have over 1550 photos it's been so hard to choose ones to print I love so many of them. I'm glad someone else loves Le Cellier, it can get mixed reviews, but I've always had consistently good meals there. Even with the added entertainment upstairs it was definitely quieter than the chaos happening downstairs. When we were in line for the food I was watching the stairs to see if people who went up came back down or stayed up there and had found a table.

Too funny - Did you ask him to drive it back home?
My husband hasn't seen him in person yet so he hasn't said anything. Since he did buy us a really nice gift we don't want to yell at him about how he gave it to us, so figured in person conversation would be the best way to do it.

Thanks for sharing - this is nice to know.
You're welcome :) I think it's great they opened it up to the public since many can't afford to do the Disney wedding part. I'm considering doing the pre-park shoot at Magic Kingdom for a future maternity shoot when I get pregnant.

November 13
Victoria and Albert's Queen Victoria Room

I have a lot of pictures from this meal so it'll be a few posts with the picture limit. This meal was amazing as always, but a few things were different this time around. A few weeks before we had this meal they changed the menu. Originally they had a 7 or 10 course option in the main dining room and a 10 course option only in the Queen Victoria Room. The Queen Victoria room is a smaller room off of the main room that has only four tables for a more intimate dining experience. They have now gotten rid of the 7 and 10 course option and have a single menu for both rooms that can be between 9 and 12 courses depending on the chef. I'm not sure if they do anything extra for the Queen Victoria Room since it was my first time dining in there.

upload_2018-12-17_8-42-49.png

The couple dining next to us had gotten married the day before us and were celebrating their honeymoon at Disney.

upload_2018-12-17_8-43-36.png

A portrait of the real Queen Victoria and her husband Albert. I like the BBC show Victoria that is about her life when she was younger.

upload_2018-12-17_8-44-38.png

upload_2018-12-17_8-44-59.png

They had a liquor cart with my dad's favorite.

upload_2018-12-17_8-45-29.png

upload_2018-12-17_8-46-9.png

On the menu you have a list of preset items along with upcharge items you could add for a fee.

upload_2018-12-17_8-46-54.png

My husband's menu was slightly different since he doesn't eat pork.

upload_2018-12-17_8-47-23.png

I had a chocolate martini, my favorite drink.

upload_2018-12-17_8-47-51.png

My husband had a jack and coke.

upload_2018-12-17_8-48-17.png

The first course was the amuse bouche. New Zealand Langoustine with Imperial Caviar, Avocado and Lime Nuage.

I've already reached the picture limit and barely got to the food :)

November 13
Victoria and Albert's Queen Victoria Room Continued

upload_2018-12-17_8-51-57.png

This was my husband's amuse bouche. It is basically the same thing as mine except for the foam, which I guess contained gelatin which has pork in it.

upload_2018-12-17_8-52-41.png

The first of three bread courses was served. I believe this was a crispy sourdough that is served with unsalted butter. They provide pink Himalayan salt to add to it with an itty bitty spoon.

upload_2018-12-17_8-53-45.png

This was delicious.

upload_2018-12-17_8-54-11.png

The next course. Bison Tenderloin with Horseradish Crème and Clementines. This was delicious as well. All the different flavors on the plate worked wonderfully together. I believe the meat was raw or very rare.

upload_2018-12-17_8-55-43.png

My husband's didn't have the cream inside so it was presented differently.

upload_2018-12-17_8-56-20.png

Maine Halibut with “Broccolini and Cheese” This was probably my favorite dish of the night. I've never had halibut before, but definitely need to the next time I'm at a fish restaurant. It was prepared wonderfully and I wouldn't have thought those flavors would work together, but they really did.

upload_2018-12-17_8-57-31.png

They pour the cheese tableside.

upload_2018-12-17_8-57-53.png

The delicious finished product.

upload_2018-12-17_8-58-14.png

Wild Turbot with Toasted Capers and Preserved Lemon. My next course was an upcharge item. My mom had ordered this the last time we went and I had a bite. It is totally worth the additional charge, I believe it was $35. I did share a few bites with my husband.

upload_2018-12-17_8-59-33.png

Roasted French Quail with Corn Pudding and Spinach. This was good, not my favorite though.

Picture limit.

November 13

upload_2018-12-17_9-1-34.png

This was a surprise course. They did this a couple times where it wasn't on the menu. I think this was duck.

upload_2018-12-17_9-3-29.png

My favorite bread course, the truffle infused bread and butter. So good, I could just eat this and be a happy girl.

upload_2018-12-17_9-4-10.png

Kurobuta Pork Belly with Pineapple and Peanuts. I thought this was cooked wonderfully and delicious.

upload_2018-12-17_9-4-51.png

My husband had almost the same thing, except his was chicken instead of pork.

upload_2018-12-17_9-5-20.png

A chef hat made entirely of butter. They carve the butter off for your next bread course.

upload_2018-12-17_9-6-0.png

Don't recall what type of bread this was, it wasn't my favorite and my husband ended up eating mine.

upload_2018-12-17_9-6-39.png

They carved the butter into a Mickey ::MickeyMo

upload_2018-12-17_9-7-22.png

Australian Kobe-Style Beef* with Potato Pinwheel. The powder is wasabi, but I didn't think it had much flavor. The steak was cooked perfectly.

upload_2018-12-17_9-8-20.png

They have the coolest way to brew coffee. They use science to make it. The bottom is lit on fire which boils the water and melts the coffee beans. Then you remove the flame and the coffee goes where the water currently is.

upload_2018-12-17_9-10-0.png

It was time for some cheese.

Picture limit.

November 13

The meal was winding down and I was getting really full. I never seem to save enough room for dessert here.

upload_2018-12-17_9-11-25.png

That was a plate of different types of cheeses along with a blue cheese cheesecake. I thought the cheesecake was disgusting, but I also don't like blue cheese so I'm probably not a great judge on this. The cheeses were all great.

upload_2018-12-17_9-12-16.png

This was another surprise course from the chef. I don't really recall what it was, but it was delicious.

upload_2018-12-17_9-12-52.png

Maple Chiffon with Pumpkin Butter and Calabaza Crisps. This was delicious although I thought the presentation looked a little creepy. My husband couldn't have this due to the gelatin so he got a chocolate souffle instead. I was actually pretty jealous of this since it isn't on the menu anymore.

upload_2018-12-17_9-14-28.png

I had a bite, it was great as always.

Near the end of the meal I was getting really sleepy and may have fallen asleep for a couple minutes. :ssst: The meal was over four hours and it was getting really late and this was on the day I woke up at 3am. My husband nudged me a few times to wake me up.

upload_2018-12-17_9-16-53.png

They give the women a red rose to take home. Mine lasted a really long time, must be the Disney magic.

They also have chocolates that I forgot to take a picture of. You can have them box them up for you to take home if you are too full, which is what we did. We also got a fruit cake because we were celebrating. Had that for breakfast.

That was my long, wonderful meal at Victoria and Albert's. I really enjoyed almost every course, there were definite favorites. I do miss the old style though, the 7 course was more affordable and gave you options for each course. I think it'll be a long time before we make it back here, but it is still my favorite restaurant on property.

Up next our last day at Disney eating at Sci-Fi Drive In...

What an amazing meal! Don't blame you for falling asleep toward the end though. That is a lot of food on top of a very long day!

YUM! We had a lot of the same courses when we ate there in the main dining room in September. Such a good meal. And I can totally see nodding off for a bit even if you didn't get up at 3 am! Full of yummy food.... :)

Also when we ate there they didn't give me a rose--my husband went back to the restaurant while I was in the bathroom and asked for one for me since we'd seen every other woman with one (we were one of the last ones to leave). It lasted a really long time too! I like your explanation--definitely Disney magic :)

So we had checked into YBC the night of the premiere of Beauty and the Beast. In celbration they were handing out roses. Ours look so beautiful for the 12 days we were there we didn't have the heart to toss them. So we carried them on the plane home and they lasted another week! We could not believe how long they lasted!!

View attachment 370314
Dang girl I would have been face first in my plate at that point! So impressed that you made it through. Although it all looks delicious so I'm sure that helped :P
The food was so delicious and I think it had been a half hour shorter it would have helped a lot. The walk back to the room was rough lol.

What an amazing meal! Don't blame you for falling asleep toward the end though. That is a lot of food on top of a very long day!
This place has always had excellent food and I totally stuffed my face with everything. I never seem to have room for dessert after everything. Doing a 4 hour meal after a 3am wake up call can be a rough way to end the day lol.

YUM! We had a lot of the same courses when we ate there in the main dining room in September. Such a good meal. And I can totally see nodding off for a bit even if you didn't get up at 3 am! Full of yummy food.... :)

Also when we ate there they didn't give me a rose--my husband went back to the restaurant while I was in the bathroom and asked for one for me since we'd seen every other woman with one (we were one of the last ones to leave). It lasted a really long time too! I like your explanation--definitely Disney magic :)
Did they do the surprise courses in the main room like they did in the QVR? I'm curious if there is a difference now between the two rooms. The food is outstanding there, I've never had a bad course. I can't believe they forgot to give you a rose, I'm glad you got one in the end. They are definitely magical roses. When I get roses at home they die super fast.

So we had checked into YBC the night of the premiere of Beauty and the Beast. In celbration they were handing out roses. Ours look so beautiful for the 12 days we were there we didn't have the heart to toss them. So we carried them on the plane home and they lasted another week! We could not believe how long they lasted!!
Those are magical roses, I don't know what they do to them to make them live for so long, but I wish I knew their secret. I rarely get roses at home because they die so quickly.

Did they do the surprise courses in the main room like they did in the QVR? I'm curious if there is a difference now between the two rooms. The food is outstanding there, I've never had a bad course. I can't believe they forgot to give you a rose, I'm glad you got one in the end. They are definitely magical roses. When I get roses at home they die super fast.

Yep, we got two or three extra courses that weren't listed on the menu. So I really think the only difference now is the intimacy of the room? I totally agree about the food--it was indeed amazing. Yea, the forgetting the rose thing was a bit awkward--one of our waiters left about halfway through the meal and the waiter that replaced him was not great, kind of capping off with that. But once I had it I loved it :)

Yep, we got two or three extra courses that weren't listed on the menu. So I really think the only difference now is the intimacy of the room? I totally agree about the food--it was indeed amazing. Yea, the forgetting the rose thing was a bit awkward--one of our waiters left about halfway through the meal and the waiter that replaced him was not great, kind of capping off with that. But once I had it I loved it :)
That's interesting that the rooms basically don't matter now. I think I actually preferred the main room with the harp. I'm surprised they had a bad waiter, they are normally excellent. You should write them about it, they are always striving for perfection I'm sure they would want to know.

Looks like a great meal. You were a trooper what with being awake since 3am!! Everything looks so delicious. I think I heard that the difference of the QV room is the intimacy and that they do more tableside stuff but who knows. I’ve only dined at the Chef’s Table (got incredibly lucky years ago) - we were encouraged to take a break mid-way through and went out and shopped around a bit to digest a bit... I guess that might be disruptive in the dining room. I’m not sure what to make of the new menu approach. So glad you were able to go on your special trip and enjoyed it so!!

That's interesting that the rooms basically don't matter now. I think I actually preferred the main room with the harp. I'm surprised they had a bad waiter, they are normally excellent. You should write them about it, they are always striving for perfection I'm sure they would want to know.

Oh good point--we loved the harpist!! It would be a bummer to not be able to hear the harp.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter