Week of April 1-8 in DL. Is this CA Spring Break time?

ACvmk

Error #2017: Tag not found.
Since this week is not the week before Easter, but rather the week before that...is this an ok time to visit DL in regards to crowds? What are the California spring break weeks this year? Is it like the rest of the U.S. - usually the week before or week after Easter?

Easter break can be at any time. As some schools are on a track system and are out at non easter times. Many schools do not have easter break at easter. Ie the colleges have a week of in mArch. High schools can be different from elemeantary. When I was in school not one high school had off at easter. The seperation of Church and State coming in.

So your best guess is as good as the next. Also look at the Dl website to see waht their holiday season is and when they expect the most people. Residents that have a select annual pass can't go at Easter. So most locals stay away. Many tourists visiting.

I can tell you that at least one S CA school district has that week off.

We're 30 minutes from Disneyland and our school district is out during this time.

When I looked at block-out dates for annual passes none of them have block-out dates during the week. So that may increase the crowds with the locals who's kids are out of school.

I'm sorry I should re clarify myself. Those of us that purchased the $99- $150.00 California select annual pass can't got at Easter and most of the summer. But I can travel when ever and I don't want to go when the crowds are at the peak.

I live an hour away and that is when my older kids are out, my younger one is out then too, but she has the 2 weeks before that out too.

colleges are out mid march or late march, at least the quarter system ones are.

Rapunsel said:
Also look at the Dl website to see waht their holiday season is and when they expect the most people. Residents that have a select annual pass can't go at Easter. So most locals stay away. Many tourists visiting.

I looked at their operating hours for that week. They close at 8pm (except on the weekend). Then for the week before and after Easter they close later - at 10pm. I would think that this would indicate that they expect the majority of their crowds at this time?

Disneyland is open during the week from 9am to 11pm and on the weekends from 8am to midnight that whole week! DCA is 10am to 8pm weekdays and 10am to 10pm weekends. The hours extend the next week a little bit, but from what I can tell it will be fairly busy. Looks like Disneyland considers spring break to be about 6 weeks long.

We are going April 3-6 and I expect it to be a little bit crowded!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter