Week of Oct 16 - 2006 Half-Full Marathon Info/Training Thread

Ok--did a 12-miler today...which will probably prove to be against medical advice.

It was a great day...A little bit of aches at one point--slowing my pace helped with them.

Pace was 12:49.

Date with the orthapedist is on Monday weather permitting. Right now--for where I live the weather forecast is for 50 mph "sustained" gale force winds. Schools are cancelled for Monday.

I have been given an extension on making my race decision. I was give the "super secret" drop-dead date of when they will be faxing all the stuff to Disney. It buys me an extra week :).

I purchased new inserts today to help give me a little more shock absorption in the shoe. :)

Hey all! Looks like everyone is doing a little better this week!

xterratri - love to hear about your upcoming races and such!

Keenercam - Seems like you had a great LW. Your splits were awesome! Keep up the good work.

As for me..... We did the double LRs this weekend (8.4 miles Thursday, 16.5 Friday). I feel great today. The runs were almost easy. We slowed down the pace a bit (until the end where I sprinted UP Morehead :banana: - very steep 1.2 mile long hill @ the end of the run :earseek: ). I cannot wait until I run on the flat area in WDW! Anyway...I have been a bit tired, but not sore at all. In fact, DH, DDs and I went swimming at the YMCA. I did laps while he played with the girls. He may have gotten more of a workout than me b/c DD5 was on his back the whole time. :teeth: We did that about 45 min then I went and joined in on the fun with the girls. DD7 swam several laps with me. She is a fish! Well really, she says she turns into a mermaid when she gets into deep water (and I believe her :goodvibes). I am getting excited about the Goofy! the next double we do will be 9 and 20. We will do 2 short LRs of 10 b/4 that though.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Christa

Went to the gym today and did an hour on the treadmill. We have ANOTHER day of rain today (I'm beginning to hate the rain as much as the wind and hills! :rolleyes: ).

Still get some tweaks in the quad, but it's not as bad. Am going to try a 2 hour session on the exercise bike tomorrow while I'm watching the Eagles game.

Terri

Did my 4 mile MFM walk the half on the treadmill in 70 min. The time included both the warm up and cool down. I did most of the walking at 3.5 mph. Yeasterday did 40 min on stationary bike for cross training.

Lisa -- so glad your run went well today.
Christa -- your running schedule blows me away! You seem like a wonderwoman to me. I am really looking forward to meeting you.
Terri -- your LW sounds like it went really well. But isn't tomorrow supposed to be a "rest day", young lady? ;)
Kathy -- great pace!
xterratri & Minnie -- Thank you so much for the :wizard: for Jenn's scores. I know she is a wreck and I am much worse, though no one can tell., I am hoping that she isn't thinking about it at all tonight while she is at her Homecoming dance.
Pat -- your pace sounds awesome. Just think of where you'll be 11 weeks from now! :teeth:

Well, after I posted this morning, I took a much-needed nap after too many late nights this week. Surprisingly, I am not that sore, though I may be tomorrow. I think walking around the mall all afternoon may have helped, too, rather than sitting still.

For anyone trying to get in a LR tomorrow because of the weather -- take care and good luck!

Yes, I definately like the sound of Women running the World. I am very interested in that, but the Tri would be such a huge accomplishment for me that I am stil really thinking about it. I have to have something to work towards so I dont become a couch potato again after the 1/2 is over. My friend (who is supportive, but doesnt understand this new interest of mine) said-why dont you just keep exercising to stay healthy. Well that is good in theory but not in my nature. I need a good reason to keep at it. If I wasnt doing the 1/2 I would never have walked 5 miles last weekend

I think the university has advanced adult swim classes. I am going to look into it. Also need to check out the very confusing bike situation. Getting healthy sure is getting expensive(especially when you factor in all these trips to WDW I will need to be doing) because of course I think marathon weekend needs to be an annual trip.

Today was a 40 min walk day. It was cold this a.m. so it was hard to get going below 15 min pace. I thought it was going to end up being a stonker but I ended up doing better than expected. Ave 14:41 incl warm up.

Tomorrow is a 3 mile LR. Not so long to me anymore. Will prob end up being more because I will need to get DS out for some training too. He is so excited about the 5k. That is a bonus side affect to all my training. DS7 is getting really into this racing thing too.

Getting ready for Wilma here. Actually, she should be to the south of us but I'm sure we will still know she's in the neighborhood! At least this time we are in our new house and not the little manufactured house we lived in last year during hurricane season while this one was being built! Chimera, hope Wilma stays south of you too - seems like you're the closest of us to her anticipated landing point. Hope you and all the other Floridians and WDW visitors stay safe. Looks like the storm will be here on Monday.

Did a long walk with DH today and amazingly enough I was the one who wanted to keep going, not him! Usually it is the other way around. I think he was a bit dehydrated. After the walk, we joined the group of those going into stores and the like right after a workout. We were drenched from the heat and humidity here, but off to the grocery store we went! I'll be glad when the humidity goes down some around here.

Planning some bike time tomorrow as cross training, maybe combined with some pool time. I have not been swimming much since we moved and I miss that. Maybe ride the bike the long way to the pool, swim, ride home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter