Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon [Completed!]

Fun times! How cool that you got to meet Lou Mongello and Jim Korkis! I'm afraid I would not have recognized them, though. Would've just kept right on going...:laughing:

And I do think both of your Donald drawings are great! We finally went to the Animation Academy on our last trip! It was so much fun! :thumbsup2

I still can't get over the fact that we met them! It was definitely one of the greatest Disney moments for me!

Thanks! I think it's all based on how good the animator is in terms of explaining things. During our Disneymoon, we had an animator that talked a lot and then would suddenly give a million not specific directions at once.

Friday, April 9: May the Force Be With You!

Now that I'm officially done with the school year, it's time to finish up this really old trip report! I went to WDW again in April of this year with my family and Howard went with us as well. Then Howard and I just got back a few weeks ago from our honeymoon! Basically, that means I have to finish this TR so that I can move on to the new ones! I refuse to leave this one unfinished!

I attempted to take a picture of Howard with the LOST sign. I didn't finish the series, but Howard did. Now that we're married, we can watch it straight through when we have the time. I was getting too scared to watch it all on my own!

IMG_4354.jpg

We passed by Sci-Fi Dine In. We have always been interested in this place ever since Howard and I played Virtual Magic Kingdom. We used to hang out in the theater in the cars! I miss it every single time that I think about VMK!

IMG_4356.jpg

We were heading towards Star Tours. With the refurbishment coming up, we wanted to ride the original before we didn't have the chance any longer.

IMG_4358.jpg

Howard was enjoying all the Star Wars stuff since he's such a geek!

IMG_4360.jpg

I remember reading somewhere that at night, there are noises coming from the Ewok village above! Haven't yet been there to see if that's true. I love MOST of the Ewoks. There are some that are actually kind of really creepy.

IMG_4364.jpg

See, look at this! If it were the newer version, I'd be wearing 3-D glasses in this picture.

IMG_4370.jpg

What did I think of the ride? It was definitely dated! I actually really like the destination of the ride and the scene it was taken from. I did not, however, like the fact that it was so hard on the eyes and caused a bit of dizziness! At one point, I actually had to turn and look at the side of the simulator so that I wouldn't start feeling sick.

A333.jpg

Even so, I'm very glad we got to ride it! I was eager to see what they would do with it during the refurb. Who would have thought that in 2 years, I'd be there again with my HUSBAND! Haha, remember at this trip in 2010, Howard and I weren't even engaged yet (I was hoping he was going to propose on this trip, but he didn't).

A334.jpg

Yay! I'm so glad school is out so you can get back to the DIS and crafting :goodvibes (partly for my own selfish enjoyment of reading your TR's and gazing at your awesome crafting skills).

It's amazing how fast time flies! :cloud9:

It's funny that you say you thought he was going to propose. I knew last year my bf was going to propose by the end of the year and since he hadn't done so by the time we went on a 2 week WDW trip at the beginning of December, I just KNEW he was going to do it there. With every day that passed, I was driving myself CRAZY thinking "Is this the day? Is this the moment?". I was doing a pretty good job until the next to last day we were in Discovery Cove and I'd heard about the dolphins doing a proposal thing when you had your swim time with them. The trainers and everybody were making a big deal about us getting beside each other and the other people in our group backing away. My heart was racing and my mind instantly goes to "Now?!? With all these people around!?!" But turns out they just wanted us to get close for a picture :rotfl:. After our dolphin time, I'm ashamed to admit it, but I actually had a few tears come out because I had built it up :upsidedow. He asked what was wrong and he felt so bad! He ended up proposing the day after Christmas and it was perfect and still meant so much to me. It's just funny to think how consumed I was in my head about it. Seriously dating couples should never vacation together un-engaged or there should be a requirement if it's to be done, it must be done on the 1st day! :lmao:

You're married!!!
Congratulations!!!!!

Thank you! It's so exciting that after all this time, we are finally married!

Yay! I'm so glad school is out so you can get back to the DIS and crafting :goodvibes (partly for my own selfish enjoyment of reading your TR's and gazing at your awesome crafting skills).

It's amazing how fast time flies! :cloud9:

It's funny that you say you thought he was going to propose. I knew last year my bf was going to propose by the end of the year and since he hadn't done so by the time we went on a 2 week WDW trip at the beginning of December, I just KNEW he was going to do it there. With every day that passed, I was driving myself CRAZY thinking "Is this the day? Is this the moment?". I was doing a pretty good job until the next to last day we were in Discovery Cove and I'd heard about the dolphins doing a proposal thing when you had your swim time with them. The trainers and everybody were making a big deal about us getting beside each other and the other people in our group backing away. My heart was racing and my mind instantly goes to "Now?!? With all these people around!?!" But turns out they just wanted us to get close for a picture :rotfl:. After our dolphin time, I'm ashamed to admit it, but I actually had a few tears come out because I had built it up :upsidedow. He asked what was wrong and he felt so bad! He ended up proposing the day after Christmas and it was perfect and still meant so much to me. It's just funny to think how consumed I was in my head about it. Seriously dating couples should never vacation together un-engaged or there should be a requirement if it's to be done, it must be done on the 1st day! :lmao:

Seriously! Haha, I have really missed DIS and crafting. I don't yet have my supplies yet though. I think about my Cricut rather often; it's still at my parents' house! Can't wait to finally get it here.

I totally agree with you! During this trip, I was thinking that so many moments could be proposal moments! I thought he would propose on the TTA, but he didn't. I set myself up for all these scenarios, and nothing happened. I love how he proposed, but it did make for a bit of extra added stress during the trip!

Friday, April 9: DHS Wandering

We decided to walk around DHS to catch a few other things we had missed. I tried to pay attention to store windows, but we didn't really do it that often. DHS was still way too new for us! We did get excited about angry Donald because of our class in Animation Academy!

IMG_4371.jpg

We popped our heads into one of the stores.

IMG_4375.jpg

Cute mouse! I wonder if this is a cheap-y type mouse.

IMG_4376.jpg

There he is again!

IMG_4378.jpg

I thought the print of this bag was super cute. I just didn't like the 2010 part of it. I'd like to see that print on other things though like a camera strap or something.

IMG_4379.jpg

I like it when there are pins or images of the Disney characters on rides.

IMG_4380.jpg

I asked Howard to get a picture of Carthay Circle because I had recently read a kiddie version of Walt's biography and how Snow White premiered at the real Carthay Circle. I didn't know that I was going to be in the photo because it didn't look like it from the angle. Haha, that's why I'm posing like this.

IMG_4382.jpg

Let's try it again WITHOUT me!

IMG_4386.jpg

Since we were in the area, we decided to catch Beauty and the Beast. The show had already started, but I wasn't too bummed about it. I just knew I wanted to check it out since so many DISers love it.

IMG_4387.jpg

Did I enjoy the show? Um, I have to disagree with the majority of DISers and say that no, I didn't. It's not that it was a bad show; I've just been very very spoiled! I actually had the opportunity to see Beauty and the Beast on Broadway twice. That's the beauty of living in NY (there aren't many more benefits that I take advantage of in terms of NYC). The reason why I went to see it twice was because the second time Donny Osmond was playing the role of Gaston and my mom really wanted to watch it again so I went with her! Anyway, that's why I didn't think this show was that spectacular. It probably didn't help that we missed the beginning of it too.

IMG_4390.jpg

After the show, we strolled around the area some more. We just LOOKED at Tower of Terror, haha. Neither of us have any desire to ride it at all! I rode it in the past when it just had the 2 drop sequence (the first half drop and then the second full drop). I don't plan on ever riding it again! I also remember being creeped out by the ghosts beckoning the elevator car forward.

IMG_4392.jpg

Mascot Mickey thought about riding Rock N' Rollercoaster, but then he changed his mind because he was afraid he'd fall out of the restraints.

IMG_4398.jpg

In one of the shops, I found a superbly cute mug that I really liked! I don't love the movie that much, but I love the ride. It's my mom's favorite, AND Howard and I used to ride it in VMK together. So many memories. I didn't buy it though; we already have a TON of Disney mugs!

IMG_4401.jpg

I hated this part of Sleeping Beauty when she was drawn to the spindle!

IMG_4402.jpg

It was getting late, so it was about time that we ate dinner! But wait, why in the world are all the places closed already? Um, where exactly are we supposed to eat?!?

IMG_4406.jpg

I'm so sorry it's taken me a while to get back over here! I am so excited you're finishing this TR, so I'm going to go back and comment on some of the past posts just to make sure I haven't missed anything!

I totally agree about HSM3 being the best in the series. The first one was cute and original, but the second one was just stupid. I feel like they really stepped it up for the third one since it was actually in theaters instead of just being a Disney Channel Original Movie.

One Man's Dream kind of freaks me out too! I love it because I love learning about Walt's history, but it scares me too. The animatronic Abraham Lincoln is freaky. John says he has "dead eyes" which scared me so bad I can't even look at it anymore. Also, the video they show of the originial opening of Disneyland scares me because the characters were SO weird looking then! They have definitely made them a lot cuter now, thank goodness!

I've always wanted to try Hollywood Brown Derby just to see the inside of the restaurant, but I'll be honest, the menu really doesn't appeal to me. I can completely understand why you were happy with your "cobb mush"! They really chopped that thing up! Plus I've heard that the signature dessert there is the grapefruit cake, and I really hate grapefruit, so I doubt it's somewhere we'll be going anytime soon!

YAY I love the Muppets! The two guidance counselors at my school bicker with each other constantly, so we all started calling them Waldorf and Statler! I love Bean Bunny too! My favorite muppet, however, will always and forever be the Swedish chef.

John and I have never met anyone from Cars at Disney before, and I've always wondered, what's it like meeting them? Do they do anything? Do they move at all, or are they completely stationary? I'm so curious!

That is so amazing that you met Lou Mongello and Jim Korkis!! And it sounds like you guys had a wonderfully in depth conversation! Wow, they were so attentive and nice to give you all that advice and an autographed magazine! Yay! I can totally see why that was your favorite part of the trip!

We've only done Lights Motor Action once, and it was on a really really hot day so I don't think I fully appreciated it! I would love to see it again, though, because I remember the stunts being amazing!

Yay! I'm glad you guys tried Animation Academy! That's one of our favorite activities, and we usually do it several times each trip! Your Donalds are amazing! The most fun I ever had in a class there was during Christmas time in 2010, and they let us draw Scrooge McDuck! It was so cool!

I'm so bummed that they are getting more strict about the return windown for FPs. Honestly, I really don't see the need. If it was a huge problem I could understand it, but I've always found FPs extrememly convenient even if we do come back after our return window. I feel like this is going to make using FPs a lot more stressful now.

Oh my gosh, I would LOVE to see Beauty and the Beast with Donny Osmond playing Gaston! My mom is obsessed with Donny and Marie Osmond, and as a result of that she's made me borderline obsessed with him too. I can understand why the WDW version of Beauty and the Beast wouldn't really live up to your expectations after you've seen that!

I'm so sorry it's taken me a while to get back over here! I am so excited you're finishing this TR, so I'm going to go back and comment on some of the past posts just to make sure I haven't missed anything!

That's okay! It took me a while to finally get back here in the first place! Haha. I have my first post ready to go up for my Disneymoon TR, but I'm gonna try to be good and finish this one before I start the other!

I totally agree about HSM3 being the best in the series. The first one was cute and original, but the second one was just stupid. I feel like they really stepped it up for the third one since it was actually in theaters instead of just being a Disney Channel Original Movie.

I love being a huge HSM3 fan even though I'm 27!

One Man's Dream kind of freaks me out too! I love it because I love learning about Walt's history, but it scares me too. The animatronic Abraham Lincoln is freaky. John says he has "dead eyes" which scared me so bad I can't even look at it anymore. Also, the video they show of the originial opening of Disneyland scares me because the characters were SO weird looking then! They have definitely made them a lot cuter now, thank goodness!

I must have missed Abe Lincoln the first time I was there, and then I saw him in all the pictures. I was like, huh, where is he? Then when we went again, I was startled to see him!

I've always wanted to try Hollywood Brown Derby just to see the inside of the restaurant, but I'll be honest, the menu really doesn't appeal to me. I can completely understand why you were happy with your "cobb mush"! They really chopped that thing up! Plus I've heard that the signature dessert there is the grapefruit cake, and I really hate grapefruit, so I doubt it's somewhere we'll be going anytime soon!

It's not going to be a place that warrants a return trip. There are so many other places to try! The food was good; it just wasn't worth the price (especially not that mush; I've had cobb salad for like, $10 and it was in normal sized pieces, haha). I wouldn't want to try the grapefruit cake either. There are some things I want to try just for the sake of having tried it (ex. the pineapple cream cheese wontons from Yak & Yeti even though I'm lactose intolerant), but the grapefruit cake is NOT one of them.

YAY I love the Muppets! The two guidance counselors at my school bicker with each other constantly, so we all started calling them Waldorf and Statler! I love Bean Bunny too! My favorite muppet, however, will always and forever be the Swedish chef.

The Swedish chef is the greatest! When we sat in the last row though, and I looked up at him before he made those final shots, I got a little scared being so close to him though!

John and I have never met anyone from Cars at Disney before, and I've always wondered, what's it like meeting them? Do they do anything? Do they move at all, or are they completely stationary? I'm so curious!

Lightning and Mater do move a little bit. The front of Mater does from what I remember. They also have the car engine sound going. Did you see the videos for the Cars ride in DLR? Those Cars characters look AMAZING with all the movement and speaking!

That is so amazing that you met Lou Mongello and Jim Korkis!! And it sounds like you guys had a wonderfully in depth conversation! Wow, they were so attentive and nice to give you all that advice and an autographed magazine! Yay! I can totally see why that was your favorite part of the trip!

Yeah! I was surprised they spent SO much time with us. I was thinking, "I wonder if they have to leave and go somewhere!" They were genuinely down-to-earth, and it was like we were automatic friends just because we all loved Disney.

We've only done Lights Motor Action once, and it was on a really really hot day so I don't think I fully appreciated it! I would love to see it again, though, because I remember the stunts being amazing!

Yeah, it seems like the perfect place to get a drink or snack to get off your feet. We got a frozen lemonade last time because it was so hot, and it made the whole show so much more fun since we already knew all the explanations in between the stunts. We still love it all though!

Yay! I'm glad you guys tried Animation Academy! That's one of our favorite activities, and we usually do it several times each trip! Your Donalds are amazing! The most fun I ever had in a class there was during Christmas time in 2010, and they let us draw Scrooge McDuck! It was so cool!

Ooo, Scrooge McDuck is a unique character! We've only done it a few times, and we've already drawn Donald twice!

I'm so bummed that they are getting more strict about the return windown for FPs. Honestly, I really don't see the need. If it was a huge problem I could understand it, but I've always found FPs extrememly convenient even if we do come back after our return window. I feel like this is going to make using FPs a lot more stressful now.

Yeah, I ended up getting FP and not even using them because we were somewhere else and weren't about to trek back to the ride location. I started carrying around FPs in my bag just because we accumulated them but only used it for a few rides! We got them "just in case." I hated having to watch the time. I mean, I did for the most part, but it was nice being able to return even just an hour past the window.

Oh my gosh, I would LOVE to see Beauty and the Beast with Donny Osmond playing Gaston! My mom is obsessed with Donny and Marie Osmond, and as a result of that she's made me borderline obsessed with him too. I can understand why the WDW version of Beauty and the Beast wouldn't really live up to your expectations after you've seen that!

Oh yeah, I remember your saying something about your mom being obsessed about Donny an Marie! The sets in the Broadway show are fantastic as well, but I guess that's what it should be like when tickets cost an arm and a leg! I haven't seen a show in ages and probably won't because they just cost way too much!

My comments in ... um, green? Haha, tried finding a color that would contrast your purple :goodvibes

Friday, April 9: ABC Commissary and Writer's Stop

It was getting late, and we were getting hungry. Alas, DHS places close pretty early! Um, what now? Haha, we were total newbies and didn't realize this, so the only place that was open was ABC Commissary.

IMG_4410.jpg

I chose to have the fish and chips. It was NOTHING like Columbia Harbour House. I don't quite know how one place can make it so so so good and another place make it so that it has such a mediocre taste. I feel like I should've ordered something else, but nothing appealed to me.

A335.jpg

Howard had the burger. He took didn't think there was anything special about it. I mean, there was no neverending supply of cheese sauce! Haha. We (ok ok, I!) are such addicts!

A336.jpg

I decided to take a picture of the pins we had traded for that day. Oh man, why oh why didn't we buy ALL the pins that were 50 cents at the outlet?!

A338.jpg

If you watched LOST, you'll recognize these costumes from the Dharma Initiative.

A340.jpg

Of course, if you know me, I had to stay far far FAR away from them! I needed to be close enough to keep an eye on 'em, but I didn't want to be close! We sat all the way at the other end of the restaurant.

A341.jpg

After eating, we went to Writer's Stop to take a look. There was a Hidden Mickey on the light above.

IMG_4413.jpg

They have a ton of books there. We were interested in this one. Of course, these books are much cheaper when you order them online on Amazon or something!

IMG_4415.jpg

Mascot Mickey liked the Mickey mirror that was in there. He could've just sat there and flipped through books all day.

IMG_4419.jpg

Old-fashioned telly.

IMG_4422.jpg

Crazy Tigger.

IMG_4424.jpg

Haha, I wonder if anyone who get this mug to give as a gift.

A343.jpg

This seems a lot friendlier!

A344.jpg

More shtuff.

A342.jpg

Mascot Mickey, it's time to get up and go!

A345.jpg

Friday, April 9: Streets of America

It was nighttime and we were killing time before Fantasmic. It was the perfect time to check out the Streets of America with no crazy sun and no crowds. In the interest of time, here are Howard's pictures (remember, this is his first trip with the camera that he just bought!).

IMG_4425.jpg

IMG_4427.jpg

IMG_4428.jpg

Love the W and D lines for the subway! Walt Disney, anyone? Haha, this really isn't a true NYC subway though because it's much cleaner here!

IMG_4432.jpg

IMG_4435.jpg

Can I go in here?

IMG_4436.jpg

Oh no, what if I need to make a call?!? What if I were a superhero and needed to twirl around to get into my costume?

IMG_4437.jpg

Steps!

IMG_4441.jpg

Diamonds! I know I made a reference or joke about this place because as you might remember, I was hoping Howard was going to propose during this trip.

IMG_4442.jpg

Ugh, the I-95. Haha, driving that all the way down to Florida on that is tiring.

IMG_4449.jpg

Enjoying the atmosphere.

IMG_4450.jpg

Now let's take a look at my blurry pictures!

A346.jpg

A348.jpg

A350.jpg

A351.jpg

Um, I should really go back with my new camera.

A353.jpg

We had to get a picture by all the Chinese stuff, haha.

A358.jpg

Laundry?

A360.jpg

I think Howard posed for this pic because he has an ongoing friendly argument with his friend about Cali where the guy lives. Haha, the guy was actually his best man for the wedding.

A362.jpg

Mmm, you can't find good pizza anywhere except for NY because of the water that's used to make the dough. Eh, who am I kidding. I like pizza anywhere.

A364.jpg

This is definitely NYC.

A365.jpg

I remember playing here when I was a kid.

A366.jpg

Here's the pic Howard took while using the garbage can cuz it was steady.

A371.jpg

It's time to move on!

A372.jpg

Friday, April 9: Fantasmic

It was time to begin heading over to see Fantasmic. Time to walk!

A373.jpg

Walk walk walk. Haha, yes I do realize that these 2 pictures are just across from each other.

A374.jpg

Howard's picture was better.

IMG_4457.jpg

The menu from the restaurant.

IMG_4458.jpg

This is the bathroom we used many times during the day because it was so centrally located (to the left of the hat).

IMG_4461.jpg

My cute guy! Boy, he looks young here even though it was only 2 years ago! Haha, maybe it's his hair that needs to be cut!

A377.jpg

Yay for blurry and awkward one-handed shots of us!

A382.jpg

On the way to Fantasmic, we walked through the gift shops. I saw the Dooney & Bourke collection and had to take a picture with the bags. I would never spend that much on a bag (I believe in getting 2-3 different bags for the same cost as 1 expensive bag), but ti was fun to see!

IMG_4473.jpg

This print was more my style, but I know I would never use such a fancy-looking bag. I wanna be able to chuck my bags around (not that I do, haha, because my camera's always in it), but it's nice to have that option!

IMG_4477.jpg

After that we passed by the ride we don't ride.

IMG_4480.jpg

We made it to the theater and got seats. We caught the 2nd showing of it, so that's why we didn't have to line up super early. THere were a ton of CMs selling glow toys and snacks and drinks.

IMG_4484.jpg

Here you can see that the right side of the theater was left empty.

IMG_4491.jpg

The same happened on the left side.

IMG_4493.jpg

Anticipation!

IMG_4486.jpg

THe day was just so much fun because it was just the two of us. This was the perfect way to end it!

IMG_4488.jpg

When it finally started, I was immediately captivated!

IMG_4507.jpg

I was also very happy being able to watch this show while sitting down.

IMG_4510.jpg

Dragon breath.

IMG_4512.jpg

Mickey comes to save the day!

IMG_4517.jpg

This is the one shot I attempted to take. Don't worry. This should be the last of the horrible photos TRs!

A388.jpg

When the show was over (favorite part was the dancing/stomping monkeys on the floats!), we waited for some of the crowds to clear out. I wasn't in the mood to deal with the slow-paced walking.

IMG_4520.jpg

We strolled to the front to wait for my dad to pick us up, enjoying our new favorite park! Haha, this picture doesn't look like it's my new favorite park, but from this trip, it definitely was!

IMG_4521.jpg

Before leaving, I said hello and goodbye to our DIS friend Bo!

IMG_4524.jpg

Very sad to have come to the end of our last park day. Enjoying and sharing it all with Howard was definitely the greatest though! Despite having to deal with the long ride home, I was happy that at least I still had my Howard with me!

Aww, ABC Commissary. I might have to show Emma those pictures. That would make her happy. Or sad since she misses working at WDW so much!

Love all your pins. So cute!

I love the Disney D&B bags but yeah, I can't justify spending all that money on one bag. I do have a wristlet and one of the little crossbody bags but that's only because Emma used her CM holiday discount (and even then it was still pretty expensive!)!

Aww, ABC Commissary. I might have to show Emma those pictures. That would make her happy. Or sad since she misses working at WDW so much!

Love all your pins. So cute!

I love the Disney D&B bags but yeah, I can't justify spending all that money on one bag. I do have a wristlet and one of the little crossbody bags but that's only because Emma used her CM holiday discount (and even then it was still pretty expensive!)!

It keeps ending up being our go-to place because it's always open AND it's in air conditioning! Haha.

I think it's funny that I see such cute bags at Disney, but then I look at the price tags (even the non D&B ones). Um, crazy! That's why I'm so glad that I was able to find that black and white "bowling-ish" bag (from the Delicious Indeed trip) at the outlet store for only $15! That's more my taste, haha.

Friday, April 9: Traveling Home

Our trip had finally come to an end. It was an absolutely amazing trip being able to go to WDW with my guy! I was so thankful that my parents invited him along! Since this trip in 2010, he has been to the timeshare once more with my cousins/friends (the Delicious Indeed trip report) and then again in April 2012 with my family (trip report will be started soon, along with the Disneymoon TR!). It was sad saying goodbye then because at that time, we didn't know we'd be back a couple times thereafter!

There really isn't much to say about our travel day home since it's a LOT of driving. When we drive down to Florida, we always make a stop in either North or South Carolina. On the way home, we don't stop any longer because my dad sees it as like, "It's just another 8 hours or so. Why would we stop?" I have to admit that going home usually goes by a little faster, but that could be because I'm so gosh darn tired from the vacation that I sleep longer!

The pictures, of course, aren't as fun as the Disney ones, but I'll post our last da of photos quickly before ending this long, drawn-out report! Matt got comfortable in the car in a very strange way!

A412.jpg

When it was time for Howard to drive, I saw this really creepy truck right behind us! Scary!

A415.jpg

What an interesting town name!

A417.jpg

We did stop at Cracker Barrel to eat. Of course, that meant getting a bag o' treats!

A419.jpg

Yum, Moon Pies! I like the crunch ones better than the original ones.

A420.jpg

Of course, there were a TON of Cracker Barrel signs, and we laughed about the "By Lamplight" part of the signs.

A423.jpg

I wonder if people see signs like this and go, "Hmm, I'm in desperate need of some new porcelain dolls."

A424.jpg

I mean, c'mon now, porcelain dolls AND cigars? It must be AWESOME!

A426.jpg

Okay, the last picture I took was this one of the time when it was 8 something. I guess I fell asleep thereafter and/or it was just too dark to take any other pictures.
A432.jpg

I remember that I was actually in a TON of pain after the Cracker Barrel meal. I don't know if it was because the catfish I had was fried or if I ate too quickly, but I just couldn't wait to get home! After a rest stop, I actually moved from the middle seat to a window seat. It was a lot more comfortable, and I fell asleep. Haha, for the ENTIRE trip, I was always in the middle. I should've taken some breaks on the sides! Oh well, you live and you learn! I just didn't want Howard or my brother to have to sit in the middle.

Soon we approached HOME! We actually dropped Howard off first, which meant an extra 30 minutes or so due to the fact that we had to pass our exit and go to his first. But gosh darn it, once he got out of the car and went home, I missed him so much and couldn't believe that the trip was over.

Thankfully, you guys don't have to be sad that it's over because click below! I just started my Disneymoon trip report! Haha, what a jump from an April 2010 trip to a May 2012 trip!

Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance

I’ve never had ABC Commissary, and after reading your review I doubt I ever will! At least not when I can get delicious fish and chips from Columbia Harbor House and an endless supply of cheese sauce from Pecos Bill’s! :laughing: Seriously, I am so addicted to that stuff too! It’s amazing!

I love all of your pins! I am so excited to get back and start trading again. I can’t wait to see some of the new hidden Mickey pins!

I’ve never watched Lost, but my mom recently bought the entire series on Ebay and she and my sister have become obsessed, so I’m sure they would recognize those outfits!

I love Writer’s Stop! It always seems really peaceful. Plus, I’ve heard the carrot cake cookie there is amazing. I’ve never had it, but I plan on trying one next month!

Your Streets of America pictures are great, and I cracked up about you making a joke about the Diamonds place! :rotfl:

I still can’t believe John surprised me with a Dooney and Bourke bag on our June 2011 trip. I love it so much, but I hardly ever carry it because I’m terrified I’m going to mess it up!

I’m so excited that you fell in love with DHS! John and I always have the best time there! :goodvibes

Edit: I just saw your newest post, so here’s my comments for that!

John and I ALWAYS joke about Coosawhatchie when we drive by it! That’s like a Disney trip tradition for us! We always say it in really weird ways and laugh about it for a long time.

The J-R Outlet is so ridiculous. They have piles and piles of junk. Just junk, everywhere.

YAY! I’m going to read your Disneymoon TR NOW!

I’ve never had ABC Commissary, and after reading your review I doubt I ever will! At least not when I can get delicious fish and chips from Columbia Harbor House and an endless supply of cheese sauce from Pecos Bill’s! :laughing: Seriously, I am so addicted to that stuff too! It’s amazing!

I love all of your pins! I am so excited to get back and start trading again. I can’t wait to see some of the new hidden Mickey pins!

I’ve never watched Lost, but my mom recently bought the entire series on Ebay and she and my sister have become obsessed, so I’m sure they would recognize those outfits!

I love Writer’s Stop! It always seems really peaceful. Plus, I’ve heard the carrot cake cookie there is amazing. I’ve never had it, but I plan on trying one next month!

Your Streets of America pictures are great, and I cracked up about you making a joke about the Diamonds place! :rotfl:

I still can’t believe John surprised me with a Dooney and Bourke bag on our June 2011 trip. I love it so much, but I hardly ever carry it because I’m terrified I’m going to mess it up!

I’m so excited that you fell in love with DHS! John and I always have the best time there! :goodvibes

Edit: I just saw your newest post, so here’s my comments for that!

John and I ALWAYS joke about Coosawhatchie when we drive by it! That’s like a Disney trip tradition for us! We always say it in really weird ways and laugh about it for a long time.

The J-R Outlet is so ridiculous. They have piles and piles of junk. Just junk, everywhere.

YAY! I’m going to read your Disneymoon TR NOW!

Yeah, I am usually tolerant of most CS places, but I don't know why ABC Commissary is often at the bottom of the list. I guess I expect to be wow-ed, and it just has never done that for me. I mean, seriously, where is the cheese sauce?!?

What's funny is that on our Disneymoon, I brought the pins I had to trade, but we COMPLETELY forgot to bring the pins Howard was keeping for us AND all his Vinylmation!!! Haha, we were too consumed packing everything else and didn't write thorough lists because of the wedding (well, I did, haha; he didn't!).

I never finished Lost because I just don't like watching it alone! I know I'll eventually rewatched the first 4-5 seasons or so and then finish it with Howard by my side (he won't tell me how the series ends, haha!).

I would LOVE to try the carrot cake cookie, but it has cream cheese frosting on it and I can't handle all that lactose. One day I hope to bump into a DISer that I know well enough to be like, "Can I just have an end piece to taste?" Haha.

You'd think the J-R Outlet would be fantastic considering all the signs! Guess they spent too much money on those instead!

What a great end to your TR... And now I'm headed over to your new TR... :happytv:

And congrats to you and Howard!!! :wizard:

Thank you! I'm excited that this one is done so I can finally focus on my Disneymoon TR!

I'm so glad you stuck with this TR! It gives me hope for finishing my own long-drawn-out one!

What a great way to end your trip, though--:goodvibes

I can't wait to start reading your Disneymoon TR!

Wow that trip seems forever ago! Thanks for coming back and finishing! I can't wait to hear about your Disneymoon! :goodvibes

BTW, we just got back from WDW and drove. Its funny to hear how you stop in NC or SC. We drove from MA and drove straight through, both ways! We made it down in about 23 hours with a power nap somewhere in SC and 21 hours home. We are a little bit :crazy2:. Oh and DH does all the driving :scared:.

I have to agree with you Rachel about Five Guys. They recently put one in at the mall around here and while it's good it's nothing special. :confused3

LOL about the apostrophe! I get kind of annoyed at grammar stuff too, like when people will post pictures of themselves with someone and caption it "so and so and I". Ummm...I think that's a rare occasion where you would actually say "me" instead of I. You wouldn't say this is a picture of I! OK, I am officially a dork...:rolleyes1

Yes, I totally agree! It's amazing how many people do this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!