Weird must-haves

Dustykins

Mouseketeer
What weird (unusual?) thing (snack/food/beverage) do you look forward to the most when you're planning your next trip to Disney?

For me, it's the pomegranate lemonade. It's just Minute Maid, but I've never seen it anywhere else and it's kind of hard to find, even then. Most of the TS places I've been had it, but not many of the QS have. I think I only managed it once on our second trip since DH doesn't care for TS (it "wastes" too much time for his taste) and I think I only found it at BOG when we did lunch there. POP had it in the food court our last trip, though (we stayed at ASMu the 2nd time and their food court was being refurbished). I'm going to be on the hunt the second we hit Disney in January.

Also, I don’t think it’s weird, but I love days when DH and I decide to skip a TS meal, and just hang at the Sanaa bar and have bread service and drinks for dinner! Yummm! Now I actually get bummed when we can’t squeeze it in somewhere during our week.

Root Beer...

The resort we will be staying at has the freestyle machines. Which means that the root beer is actually caffeine free on the freestyle machines. I can't have caffeine (or citrus or artificial sweeteners) so at least at the resorts I can get root beer.

Root Beer...

The resort we will be staying at has the freestyle machines. Which means that the root beer is actually caffeine free on the freestyle machines. I can't have caffeine (or citrus or artificial sweeteners) so at least at the resorts I can get root beer.

I'd try to run some water through the machine first. Freestyle machines (which I find disgusting TBH) are infamous for keeping remnants of the previous beverage that end up in your drink.

Well, some people in the past have said they find turkey legs weird... so turkey legs!

I don’t think I look forward to anything weird but all Disney trips must include dole whips, Mickey pretzels, and Mickey bars.

Not sure why but things just taste better when they are Mickey shaped!

I agree about Mickey shaped items. Nothing weird but I look forward to the juice at Boma and Tusker House. Plus meals including desserts at all of our favorite TS restaurants.

We haven’t done this in a few years, but, pre-kids, my sister and I always had to go to the Plaza and do the following:
-I order the club sandwich and she orders the burger.
-We each eat half of both.
-Then a banana split.

We had to do this every trip for YEARS. I have a 2.5yo and 1yo now so we are more focused on character dining. Someday we’ll go back to the Plaza and get our old favorite! Only issue is that I’m not sure you can get a banana split anymore.

I don’t think I look forward to anything weird but all Disney trips must include dole whips, Mickey pretzels, and Mickey bars.

Not sure why but things just taste better when they are Mickey shaped!
I am ashamed to say I have never had a pretzel of Mickey bar...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts