"Welcome Home" not DVC slogan anymore?

Crystal_27

DIS Veteran
I thought that the whole "Welcome Home" greeting was specific to DVC but I noticed that that's how we were greeted when we stayed at the Pop (I know; I know) during March, 2009. The CMs *and* the recorded messages on the busses all welcomed us home when we arrived back to the Pop.

What gives?

It has become a common greeting at many hotel chains as well. It may have been unique to DVC at one time, but it is no longer.

Yep. I guess it is not something that be copy written or registered as a sales slogan. Or, they didn't think about it in time.

I know it is a trivial matter, but I too, am a little disappointed that "welcome home" is used more widespread. It just doesnt make you feel as special when hearing it now.

I know, I know...but I still love hearing it. ;) It makes me feel special. If they can make someone's trip a little more enjoyable by making them feel at home during their stay, so be it! I don't mind sharing a little of the magic. :rolleyes1

I noticed that too (the last couple of years actually). It's such a great 'catch phrase' that I can see why everyone is using it.

The reason they use it at all the resorts is because Disney eventually plans on having a DVC at every hotel and they are just trying to get everyone used to it. :lmao::rotfl2:

On a side note I called yesterday to book the free dining package because we are out of points and the Disney travel lady could see that we had a reservation at HH in June.

IMO, it was becoming annoying anyway. They kept saying it at the travel show too. I was thinking, since when did Woodfield Mall beome my home? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter