Welcome to Carbapalooza ~ Oct 2016 Dining Report - Completed 8/13 (Updates x18, OMG!)

So I think I'm first going to concentrate on banging out the rest of this thread before trying to get back into my TR. After such a long absence from the DIS, photo-dumping pics of delicious noms seems like a good way to reacclimate me here. Just keep in mind that it has been 9 months since this trip, so these posts might be scant on descriptions!

Boma
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Friday, October 22, 2016
Dinner

Boma is typically one of my must-do's on any Disney trip, and this one was no different! I try to alternate between breakfast and lunch each time I travel, and it was dinnertime in the rotation on this time around!

20161022_163956-1_1.jpg

MEAT MEAT MEAT. And some taters. And maybe something that looks like rice?

20161022_165339-1_1.jpg

Couscous salad, maybe?? I think there were wittle baybee shrimps in it.

20161022_165348-1_1.jpg

Soup. Don't ask me what kind. Butternut Squash, maybe?

20161022_170132-1_1.jpg

MOAR MEAT. That's definitely ribs. And flank steak. And Some kind of salmon with almonds. Man, I with I remember how delicious this was all was now.

20161022_171606-1_1.jpg

The carbs! Ye Olde Zebra Dome, some sorta cheesecake tasrt, a thing with a shell-looking cream dollop, a panna cotta dome of some sort, and that thing in the middle is a KENYAN COFFEE TART THING. I freakin' love those things, man.

The Daily Poutine
Disney Springs
Friday, October 22, 2016
Snack

I'd never tried poutine before but had been hearing about it for years from my Canadian homies, so I figured now was the time! I went with the Classic Poutine (French Fries, Beef Poutine Gravy and Cheddar Cheese Curds):

20161022_212239-1_1.jpg

What did I think? Honestly, I'm a little underwhelmed. I thought the cheese would be somehow more gooey and warm. INstead it was just cold little cheese nuggets, impervious to the heat of the fries or the warmth

Last edited:

Superstar Catering Food Truck
Disney Springs
Friday, October 22, 2016
Snack

After the moderate let-down of my poutine, I went on a search for more delicious fare. And man, did I ever find it!

20161022_215859-1_1.jpg

This perfectly hit the spot! Shrimp & Lobster Macaroni & Cheese - with Gouda Lobster Bisque Sauce. Jaysus, was this delicious! The evening was a little chilly and this was hot and creamy and oh-so-delicious.

Garden Grill
Epcot
Saturday, October 23, 2016
Breakfast

Ya'll, just look at all this delicious food!

20161023_081049-1.jpg

...Okay, that's just fruit. How did that get in there???

20161023_081130-1.jpg

AWWW YISSSSS. Now THAT is what I'm talkin' about it. Sticky Bun Baaaaake!

20161023_082012-1.jpg

Awww son. Looka all them Mickey waffles, tender bacon, scrambled eggs, ham, and "potato totally-not-a-tater-tot barrels." Best part? IT WAS ALL FOR ME, SUCKAS.

20161023_082604-1.jpg

I found it. Mickey Waffle nirvana. Slathered in butter and warm chocolate hazelnut sauce. This beautiful horror still haunts my dreams, yall.

20161023_081130-1.jpg

AWWW YISSSSS. Now THAT is what I'm talkin' about it. Sticky Bun Baaaaake!

This was my favorite breakfast item I ate on that trip. Quite possibly on all my trips. Going there for breakfast again in 3 weeks. I. CANNOT. WAIT.

20161023_082012-1.jpg

Awww son. Looka all them Mickey waffles, tender bacon, scrambled eggs, ham, and "potato totally-not-a-tater-tot barrels." Best part? IT WAS ALL FOR ME, SUCKAS.

Lucky duck. Did you come close to finishing it?

20161023_082604-1.jpg

I found it. Mickey Waffle nirvana. Slathered in butter and warm chocolate hazelnut sauce. This beautiful horror still haunts my dreams, yall.

YUM, this is like art!!

International Food & Wine Festival
Epcot
Saturday, October 23, 2016
Lunch

Hold on to your boobies, ladies, because isht's about the get SERIOUS up in here! (I'm so sorry, I'm going to sleep after this post, I swear.)

The follow is a true documentation of only about 2 hours of my Disney life.

20161023_114551-1.jpg

THE CHEW COLLECTIVE: Peanut Butter and White Chocolate Mousse with a Caramel Drizzle.

20161023_115338-1-1.jpg

CHOCOLATE STUDIO: Liquid Nitro Chocolate Almond Truffle with Warm Whiskey Caramel.

20161023_120305-1.jpg

WINE AND DINE STUDIO: Pork Tenderloin with Cannellini Bean Ragoût and Zinfandel Reduction.

20161023_120513-1.jpg

WINE AND DINE STUDIO: Seared Scallop, Truffled Celery Root Purée, Brussels Sprouts and Wild Mushrooms.

20161023_121728-1.jpg

ISLANDS OF THE CARIBBEAN: Quesito: Puff Pastry with Sweetened Cream Cheese and Guava Sauce. And some wine. Probably moscato. No clue where I picked that up at.

20161023_121744-1.jpg

ISLANDS OF THE CARIBBEAN: Seared Grouper, Pigeon Peas and Rice with Coconut Sauce.

20161023_121753-1.jpg

ISLANDS OF THE CARIBBEAN: Mojo Pork with Black Beans, Cilantro Rice, and Pickled Red Onions.

20161023_123155-1.jpg

PATAGONIA: Grilled Beef Skewer with Chimichurri Sauce and Boniato Purée.

20161023_124255-1-1.jpg

HAWAI'I: Kalua Pork Slider with Sweet and Sour Dole® Pineapple Chutney and Spicy Mayonnaise. And a Mai Tai featuring Sammy’s Beach Bar Rum.

20161023_124316-1.jpg

HAWAI'I: Florida Orange Groves Sparkling Pineapple Wine.

20161023_125946-1.jpg

I don't even know. Baklava, maybe?

20161023_132123-1.jpg

IRELAND: Seafood Fisherman’s Pie, and Twinings® Pumpkin Chai Tea Frozen Cocktail with Caramel Vodka.

20161023_133330-1.jpg

20161023_133434-1.jpg

FRANCE: Croissant aux Escargots: Escargot Croissant with Garlic and Parsley.

This was my favorite breakfast item I ate on that trip. Quite possibly on all my trips. Going there for breakfast again in 3 weeks. I. CANNOT. WAIT.
It really was delicious. Sadly it doesn't really work into the schedule for my next two trips, though. BOOOO.

Lucky duck. Did you come close to finishing it?
I don't remember, but knowing me, probably, and then reordered more bacon and waffles. I'm a piggie.

YUM, this is like art!!
Tasted like it, too!

Darn you:) Now I'm hungry. Can't wait to go to F&W for the first time in November. The dishes are looking so good. How was the chai tea with vodka? I know the Mai Tai was good;) Now I must go to do some packing, since we leave Thursday for WDW and our cruise. Then I have to get to bed:(

The food and wine pictures look so good... and now I'm hungry! My husband and I were there when you were last October and we actually saw you at Epcot. I was too nervous to say hi though! I'm glad to see you are back on here! I really enjoy reading all your reports!!

Billie! I was gone for many months too because work blocked the DIS (the nerve!), but they unblocked it (who knows for how long :sad2:) and I came back last week. Was sad to see you'd been gone too, but imagine my surprise this morning :hyper:

I'm not a breakfast person, but this beautiful pastry is just the thing to change my mind :love:

Well hello there :yay: Nice to see you back!

Classic Poutine (French Fries, Beef Poutine Gravy and Cheddar Cheese Curds):
Around these parts we used to call something similar "disco fries", fries with gravy and melted mozzarella. So I might like this type of poutine, I don't mind cheese curds. But they're probably too thick to melt even though the fries are hot?

THE CHEW COLLECTIVE: Peanut Butter and White Chocolate Mousse with a Caramel Drizzle.
Oh that looks good..............

HAWAI'I: Florida Orange Groves Sparkling Pineapple Wine.
How was this (if you remember lol?) Sounds like something I'd like :)

Hey glad you're back and loving all the food pics!!

After such a long absence from the DIS, photo-dumping pics of delicious noms seems like a good way to reacclimate me here.

Yay!! The more food the better!!

What did I think? Honestly, I'm a little underwhelmed. I thought the cheese would be somehow more gooey and warm. INstead it was just cold little cheese nuggets, impervious to the heat of the fries or the warmth

I love all the food...but this version I'm sure does not accurately represent the heaven that is real poutine. Gotta come up to Canada - or more specifically Quebec (where I don't live :( but try some of the real stuff there. I'm sure it did not do it justice!

Welcome back!! I love living vicariously through other people's food photos. Also your commentary is excellent!

I'm holding onto my boobies, not because of the food, but because BILLIE IS BACK!!!!!! Or at least contemplating coming out of retirement, either way, its just great to see you. The dis isn't the dis without a little Billie in it. Who else is gonna tell me to hold my boobies :-)

I love your report! You have such a great writing style and the timing of your posts is awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!