Well, it happened!...the Dream 2/7/13.

I've started to get the packing lists going.

I've started to buy all new sizes in my clothes. It was definitely time. Robert's shopping trip is this weekend, fingers crossed for him! He's so nervous that it's all an illusion, that 37 lbs doesn't mean a new pants size is warranted. :hug:

Eamon talked himself into some new clothes, too. Hey, he's got to wear nice pants for dinner on the cruise, right? :)

Still figuring out the specifics of this wine that we bought. Check it in the special wine shipper boxy thing we got, but then we have to change it all out so we can carry it onboard. But the boxy thing (which has a box and a styrofoam thing inside it) looks like a cooler, so if we fill it with E's clothes and check that onto the ship, will it manage to get confiscated? It also has a picture of a wine bottle on it. :headache:

Blaaaaaaaah.

I should just start packing what I can and be HAPPY!

The other week/month Robert injured his achilles. I'm not sure when because I wasn't paying enough attention, and he doesn't always remind me of his injuries, and i'm just a terrible person.

Then last week-ish he did something that hurt his back. Took a morning off to see our chiro, was all fixed up, went outside to the sidewalk to go to work, and slipped on ice and fell on his rear. Very much injured. Last night I would have sworn he had broken something...his coccyx or even a hip, but it seems I'm wrong. Today he saw the acupuncturist, tomorrow he'll do the same and see the chiro, and hopefully they can get him all fixed up.

But I'm pricing out scooter rentals right now.

This is rotten.

And now we're a week out but I still haven't started packing. I'm preparing to pack, but I haven't done it yet. :blush:

Molly,

I can't wait to hear all about your cruise and WDW trip. We are sailing out of FL for the first time in May. We aren't planning on doing the parks though (what a waste right?) but I can't justify pulling the kiddos out of school more than I already am. We are planning on staying at the Nick Suites prior to sailing on the Fantasy.

:)

Silence

My son wants to stay at the Nick Hotel SO badly. I kind of forgot about it this time, though.

I can understand just doing the cruise if you have obligations! We homeschool so that makes it a lot easier. Then again, I realized today that DS will be missing up to 3 weeks of his "PE" classes at the Y, including his ballet class. Yikes. I gotta let them know. :blush:

so already we have changed our plans!

We are staying the the Art of Animation and will do 1 day in 1 park. At first we thought we would do MK, now we are thinking Epcot. Who knows, I guess I have a couple of months left still to figure it out!

Looking forward to hearing all about your trip!

Not sure if I mentioned it in here, but I cancelled our cruise :(. Too much money for so much uncertainty. I could get us on the same cruise over spring break in '14 for $1,000 less, so it doesn't seem to make sense to me to spend $1,000 just to go this summer. Now, if prices drop and there is some sort of offer/deal available, I might just go ahead. But otherwise, I think we will try out a 4 day some day to see if we like it.

But your trip report will play a big part in my decision!! I have spent so much time reading trip reports, and all of them have helped in some way. So make sure you come back with details! :)

Hi Michele!

I haven't been on the DLR trip forum for a good while...how are things going?

If I had an overall trip report for this whole trip that commences tomorrow, I'd probably name it "this would be easier if Orlando had a Trader Joe's". :)

There are just things we need that feel a lot easier to buy here at TJ and transport cross country. Things we can get there...it's not like Emergen-C and cashews don't exist in Orlando. But it's a lot more expensive at Whole Foods than at TJ, and I don't *know* what they have at Publix. Add to it the issue of no car until we're back on land, and it just becomes a mess of "where to put the pre-weighed/ziplocbaggied cashews, and if I put the packets of vitamin powder in *there* will it get the bag searched?

Exhausting.

And my upper lip is numb because I had it waxed for the first time ever, YOUCH. It's not red anymore, thank goodness. I had half my day's errands *after* that...whoops!

Well we leave tomorrow, and hopefully I won't have some horrid upper lip reaction overnight.

Get in after midnight, go to Port Orleans Riverside. Have the 6th to play, then take the official bus to the Port on the 7th, and there we are. :)

Hi Molly! I am sure that I am missing you but I hope you have a ball!

The results to Scotty's second biopsy came back yesterday and he is cancer free!!

Yay for Scotty!!!!!!!

I am typing from the Hard Rock Hotel. The guys are still sleeping and it's 10. I have been up since 6. But it's OK, they really needed the sleep.

The cruise was much much better than I thought it would be. Wait, that's not how I feel. How I feel, exactly, is that it was less annoying than I thought it would be. I'm a weird Disney fan...I just wanted the characters to go away lol.

I now understand why people want to know how their servers are doing and why they hope to get them again. If you like Indian food, the kitchen can make up some delicious curries etc. Great for those of us with different diets.

Concierge level was awesome and it would be painful to go without it lol. Thats even though I accidentally ate bacon that was inside and on top of (I thought it was onion) an "assorted bread" option in the lounge. Whoops.

I spent all day yesterday hoping that the ground would stop swaying. :3dglasses. And I am jealous of whoever is in "our" room right now.

The guys were first to meet JSparrow on Castaway. I did the 5K and my legs are still sore...ground is different than treadmill, and it is NOT perfectly flat out there! I would like to spend a week there, by the way. Lovely time.

Nassau, not so much. If I went there again I would get an excursion. We tried to walk around on our own but I didn't realize how nervous E would get about that. We didn't see much more than parliament and then basically turned around.

Anyway I am on an iPad which isn't fun so I don't want to tell everything, but it was nice and we know that we all really like cruising, even if Mickey isn't on board. It would be great if we could get Ludovic and Leslie from the dining room to switch cruise lines, but if not, that's OK. E saw an ad for Oasis of the Seas last night and started yearning to be onboard that ship, so it's all good.

Kids program, by the way, was really enjoyed by the kidlet. He had a blast!

But I wouldn't do a three day cruise again. Too short. Unrelaxing for us, hence them sleeping the Universal day away! I am going to have to start singing about butter beer soon......

I would love to do the 5K in Sept, where can I find out more information about it?

Hi Michele!

I haven't been on the DLR trip forum for a good while...how are things going?

If I had an overall trip report for this whole trip that commences tomorrow, I'd probably name it "this would be easier if Orlando had a Trader Joe's". :)

There are just things we need that feel a lot easier to buy here at TJ and transport cross country. Things we can get there...it's not like Emergen-C and cashews don't exist in Orlando. But it's a lot more expensive at Whole Foods than at TJ, and I don't *know* what they have at Publix. Add to it the issue of no car until we're back on land, and it just becomes a mess of "where to put the pre-weighed/ziplocbaggied cashews, and if I put the packets of vitamin powder in *there* will it get the bag searched?

Exhausting.

And my upper lip is numb because I had it waxed for the first time ever, YOUCH. It's not red anymore, thank goodness. I had half my day's errands *after* that...whoops!

Well we leave tomorrow, and hopefully I won't have some horrid upper lip reaction overnight.

Get in after midnight, go to Port Orleans Riverside. Have the 6th to play, then take the official bus to the Port on the 7th, and there we are. :)

I love Trader Joe's it is one of my favorite stores. There is a new one in our area called Fresh and Easy. I am falling in love with it.

Ouch I hope your lip healed up.

Yay for Scotty!!!!!!!

I am typing from the Hard Rock Hotel. The guys are still sleeping and it's 10. I have been up since 6. But it's OK, they really needed the sleep.

The cruise was much much better than I thought it would be. Wait, that's not how I feel. How I feel, exactly, is that it was less annoying than I thought it would be. I'm a weird Disney fan...I just wanted the characters to go away lol.

I now understand why people want to know how their servers are doing and why they hope to get them again. If you like Indian food, the kitchen can make up some delicious curries etc. Great for those of us with different diets.

Concierge level was awesome and it would be painful to go without it lol. Thats even though I accidentally ate bacon that was inside and on top of (I thought it was onion) an "assorted bread" option in the lounge. Whoops.

I spent all day yesterday hoping that the ground would stop swaying. :3dglasses. And I am jealous of whoever is in "our" room right now.

The guys were first to meet JSparrow on Castaway. I did the 5K and my legs are still sore...ground is different than treadmill, and it is NOT perfectly flat out there! I would like to spend a week there, by the way. Lovely time.

Nassau, not so much. If I went there again I would get an excursion. We tried to walk around on our own but I didn't realize how nervous E would get about that. We didn't see much more than parliament and then basically turned around.

Anyway I am on an iPad which isn't fun so I don't want to tell everything, but it was nice and we know that we all really like cruising, even if Mickey isn't on board. It would be great if we could get Ludovic and Leslie from the dining room to switch cruise lines, but if not, that's OK. E saw an ad for Oasis of the Seas last night and started yearning to be onboard that ship, so it's all good.

Kids program, by the way, was really enjoyed by the kidlet. He had a blast!

But I wouldn't do a three day cruise again. Too short. Unrelaxing for us, hence them sleeping the Universal day away! I am going to have to start singing about butter beer soon......

Thank you.

Your cruise sounds lovely. I love Indian style foods. I would cook lentils and curry related dishes all the time if I could get away with it.

My oldest daughter and I have been talking about going on a cruise together. Scotty has no interest.:rolleyes1

I would love to do the 5K in Sept, where can I find out more information about it?

Try this website.

There's a thread on the Disney cruise forum here devoted to the castaway cay 5k. Very helpful! It's just a casual (and free) thing, but they do have bib numbers and a shirt (cotton) you can buy. And plastic "winner" medals for everyone, WHEN that particular ship has stock of them. Some ships have certificates, too. For me the bib number was the important thing, so the medal was just gravy. And I only just now remembered that some people have gotten certificates so that wasn't important to me either!

I can't wait for your full trip report! Glad you enjoyed the cruise. We got spoiled by doing a 7 nt our first cruise, not sure we could ever do less!

Aha! There are separate PTR and TR areas here, so let me just copy and delete this post, and move it on over.....here.

And now the PTR is finished.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter