Well my friend is going over...

SandrA9810

DIS Veteran
Either on the 12th or the 17th his brother isn't so sure. But he sent me a message on my phone the other night. So hopefully he'll get back to my email.
But yeah, he went into the Marines in 2002, and is getting sent over to Iraq for 7 months (supposedly).
It's funny, we hardly ever talk any more, and I have seen him since he came back for a week after boot camp. And yet it still affects me a lot to know he's getting shipped out.
I told him to write to me occasionally, I hope he will.

It just makes you stop and think, doesn't it? Even if he doesn't write back, I would still write to him, he's gonna need the support. You might want to send some care packages too, anything that would bring "home" closer to him would help.

please write to him, but don't expect him to write you back very often. I know it was hard for my DS to write and send letters home. You might find out his email address, most units have access to computers so he may be able to email you!

dopeys biggest fan said:
...I would still write to him...

Mail is the best form of MWR that I can have. It is amazing what a small letter or card will do to lift one's spirits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter