Well we are going!!

eeudj

Mouseketeer
OK my DH and I have decided let's bite the bullet and do a TDR trip!! planing for May 2019. It will be DH. DS(22) DS(20) and me :) I know disboards are the place to start but I am hoping for specifics... How do I start..Books.. blogs, and TRAVEL Agents?? I have tried to look for a travel agent on line but it seems few and far between that specialize in TDR?? I am asking my fellow disers to point me in the right direction and I will begin.....super excited!!!

We just went last week. We stayed offsite. I would recommend getting a MasterCard if you are buying tickets from Tokyo Disneyland from the United States/English website. It was the only card they accepted when we purchased. We had to borrow a friend's card. Enjoy your trip.

Thank you very much!! It seems sooooo overwhelming I am looking forward to the challenge

You could also start listening to the TDR Now podcast (Chris also runs tdrexplorer.com) - I found the podcast very helpful and will continue to listen even though our trip is over! Also agree that disneytouristblog.com is a great resource.

Tokyo is easy to get around and the trains/subways are fantastic. We've taken NEX from Narita to Tokyo then transferred to the Keiyo Line out to TDR. Some folks don't like the transfer, but I enjoy the walk and experience of the Tokyo Station. If not, check out buses as taxi's are expensive.

If you stay at an official TDR Hotel and they offer park tickets, buy the regular two day (park specific) then day 3/4 as hoppers. DON'T buy Hoppers for all 4 days. You'll have enough to see and do in each park the first time you visit. We bought them and never used them.

Use a good general hotel booking website to compare prices with locations around TDR or Tokyo. Use the subway system to your advantage if not on site. The Disney Celebration Hotels are about a 15-20 minute bus ride from TDR or 5-10 taxi ride to Shin-Urayasu, then 5 minute subway ride. Typical Japanese mid-range hotel room with split bathroom. I'd stay away from the bunks if the boys are above average size. The hotel is very nice; however, there are limited services (restaurants and stores within short walking distance) in the area. We used taxi's and the local bus a few times to shop and eat.

Use ATM's at the airport, hotels, Ikspiari (downtown disney) and convenience stores (7-11, Lawson's & Family Mart) for cash.

Use both the TDR Explorer and DisneyTouristBlog sites along with TDR. They're a great resource.

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!