• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We're back from DL!

maxie

<font color=993366>Thanks so much for the tips<br>
Well we returned home on Thursday. The trip was great and DS did awesome! We had 1 1/2 days of rain but the rest of the time was fine. We spent 5 nights in Anaheim and 2 nights in San Diego.

Valentine's Day was nuts at DL. Wished we had spent it at SW instead. Would recommend the Carousel Hotel. Only disappointment was the pool. However it was too chilly to swim much anyhow.

Would not do the meal plan again. It was okay but felt we really had to stretch those vouchers out. Also got tired of the limited choices in the park and wished we could have done some meals off site.

DS loved Legoland! It was a great park for his age. Highly recommend this park to families with toddlers.

Will post longer trip report later this week with all the details!

We will be doing pretty much the same thing with our May trip. I still haven't made ressies for San Diego. Are there any bad areas to stay away from near Sea World and the Zoo? Where did you stay and what was your rate, please?
Did you like the place in San Diego? TIA

We stayed at a place called California Suites.

http://san-diego.rezcenter.com/hotels/SAN_CALI_photos.shtml

I just found it on Expedia and took a chance on it. We paid about $65 Canadian so about $55 U.S. a night.

It wasn't bad. They advertised an in room coffemaker and hairdryer which we did not get. When I asked they said our wing was still under renovations and did not have them yet. There was no elevator that we could see so we had to haul the luggage up to the second floor. Besides that we were fairly happy.

The pool area was nice and the continental breakfast was good. The staff at the front desk were friendly and the courtyard was attractive.

I would stay there again.

I would love to hear more about the meal plan. We have it booked for July and I would like to know if there are any places that don't accept them. I would hate to make a PS and then have to change it because the vouchers aren't accepted. Thanks for any info you can offer!

Don't think we found any place that didn't accept them. Some CMs said they had never seen them before :rolleyes: but they took them. We really had to stretch the vouchers and add some extra cash to make the vouchers last. We had the 5 day plan.

DS loved Legoland! It was a great park for his age. Highly recommend this park to families with toddlers.

How old is your son? My Daughter is turning 2 the day we are there and don't know if there will be much for her?

What's your take on Legoland for a six year old? (Thanks for your trip reports, by the way, and your helpful response to another question of mine!)

BurleyGirl said:
What's your take on Legoland for a six year old? (Thanks for your trip reports, by the way, and your helpful response to another question of mine!)

I think a 6 year old would find lots to do there. We didn't look much at the bigger rides but there seemed to be a lot there. Than they have the buildings were you can go in and play with lego and other mechanical toys. We didn't see any of the shows but there are several of them as well. I would give it a try. They do have a great website that shows all what is there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter