We're going back !!!!...Now...sell me on CBR

Jinnyboom

Mouseketeer
Looks like we are going to make a return trip December, 2003...
We originally had CBR reservations for the same time this past year...and became a "CBR refugee" due to the food court renovation...
We were relocated to the AKL...(at an amazing rate)...DID NOT WANT TO GO TO THE AKL.....was so horribly dissappointed that we could not go to the CBR....have not stayed there ever....but so wanted the BEACHY THING....

Alas..........WE NOW LOVE THE AKL MORE THAN ANYTHING.....and I do mean MORE THAN ANYTHING....

Finances will not permit us a return to the AKL for a full trip...SO...now am trepidacious at staying ANYWHERE other than the AKL..........

Remind me please.......what is so incredibly wonderful about the CBR.........

Thanks so much in advance for the "convincing" that I so truly need....:Pinkbounc :bounce:

CBR is a wonderful resort. I've been staying there since it first opened (1989 or 1990, I think).

You'll fall in love with the bright colors of the buildings. My favorite is Jamaica because of it's bright yellow exteriors & ocean blue roofs. The rooms have been very recently refurbished, so you're sure to get a room that's in great condition. As you know, OPR was closed down in December so that the old Captain's Tavern could be transformed into Shutters, the new sit-down restaurant. I've been reading some very positive reviews on this place! ;)

The resort is HUGE, so take a look at a resort map & choose which village will be best for you. We don't have any kids, so we always choose to stay in Jamaica or Aruba so we're not right next to OPR, where all the action is. However, many people with kids tend to choose to stay in Martinique because of it's closeness to OPR.

All of the villages have their own quiet pools......TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS! IT'S AN EXCELLENT PERK! The quiet pools, to me, are always more fun than the themed pool because you can just grab a table next to the pool, and relax & enjoy being in Disney World! The pools are aptly named because they're always more calm and quiet than the pool at OPR.

One of our favorite things to do is to wander over to the Banana Cabana around 8:00 pm, grab a table & chairs, and wait for Illuminations to begin. You have a very decent view of the fireworks and laser show from this area.

Relax..........you'll love CBR!!!

Ok here's some history, I stayed at CBR one night yrs ago, moved to then Dixie Landings because I found it sparse and lacking in character.

I checked out today after a relatively short stay, and must stay that I am absolutely converted to a CBR fan!!!

What I liked

- the new room reno's (I stay in hotels 1/3 of the year); the color, the tile floor in the sink area, the chairs, the hooks on the walls - all very tasteful but fun, and not hotel-like at all
- coffeemaker..... a must for me!
- mousekeeping: I've never ever had notes or washcloth art at any other moderate resort in about 100 stays; this time I was very pleasantly surprised
- bus system: it was not the horror that I've read about, always a bus available, didn't take long at all
- food court: didn't eat here, but it did look like it gave some good options
- recreation: again, didn't use, but lots and lots of choices
- watched Illuminations from 2nd flr balcony one night

not so good, but still acceptable:

- check in building separate and no bank machine in the building if you need cash - so be aware and have some on hand for bellstaff tips etc before you arrive
- no specialty coffee in the food court - just black liquid

I also found the staff to be a level above the other moderate hotels - they were very willing to assist and a few really went out of their way.

So I am now a loyal CBR fan!!!

Have stayed at CBR 10 times, once at PO, once at CS, once at BWI and most recently once at Swan. Wouldn't do either PO or CS again. Loved BWI and Swan mostly because of closeness to Epcot and MGM. We love CBR's atmosphere, that Carribean feel! If you could walk to Epcot and MGM from there, I wouldn't stay anywhere else!!!!!

I love the layout and theme of the CBR. It is such a bright and beautiful resort to walk around and relax in. I enjoyed the variety of food choices at Old Port Royale, although I have not been there since the rehab. The main pool is great and I really like the poolside bar Banana Cabana ;).

The CBR has boating activities, bikes, a good sized arcade and beautiful paths to walk on. There is the main pool in addition to the pools in the islands. Sitting on the hammocks along the beaches is a great way to relax and enjoy the resort.

I think the rooms are a good size, we did not feel crowded in them and they were always clean and in good condition. We have stayed here 3 or 4 times and have never had a problem. Enjoy your vacation!

Just got back from CBR and LOVED IT!!! We were lucky enough to get Martinique 25 and it was so close to everything. But the best thing was laying in a hammock and watching Illuminations from it!!! No crowds, just the peacefulness of the lapping of the water and the soft white sand under your feet!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter