"We're the Chosen Ones of Disney!" British accents, first timers, & 20-yr-olds unite! - UPDATE 6/7 X2

Haha I can't believe the lights were on in Space Mtn. after all that! That sounds like something that would happen to me :rotfl:

47039373641_e7af64b95e_c.jpg

This is hilarious haha

My camera had been given me some problems so I made Mom act as my model while everyone else rode MS...and I mean CMON, she's so pretty so who is the real winner here!!!

47039372161_87fde3021b_c.jpg

Your Mom is so pretty so she definitely serves as a great camera model! What camera do you use?

Questions to guide you:
Do I understand joy?
Have I ever felt joy?
Am I even really fully human if I do not appreciate beauties like WS?

Ah the Marie Kondo version of WDW :rotfl:

Highlights:

-
- A full performance of So Long, Farewell (from the Sound of Music) in Germany and a lot of discussion over schnitzel exclusively existing as a noun and the potential that exists with the creation of the verb: schnitzeling

I did not know this was a thing in Germany! I definitely want to see this. That's like my absolute favorite scene from Sound of Music!

WOW! That is truly impressive!!

Ahh to be young and motivated to go on a ride before it goes down for refurb. I couldn't make it from my couch to my fridge in 6 minutes. You guys rock. I didn't realize it was down for refurb. Any idea how long it's going to be down. I'm assuming it'll be back up before we go in October. Totally subbing because you girls remind me of me and my friends at that age and I can't wait to read more. "I'M SO SORRY WALT" was too funny!

Our chef's name was Nagatoshi and he was phenomenal!! We've been here several times and Nagatoshi was definitely the best chef we have ever had. So creative and genuinely funny.

47039364541_4c069c0b23_c.jpg
That is fenomenal!! I’ve never seen someone so creative. Sounds like a fun time. And I’m loving all your pictures!!

Dad here- I must clarify. I don’t dislike Stitch as this report seems to imply. But, if I was ranking Disney character favorites, Stitch would not be in my top 10. Not even close.

Now that we have cleared that up. For those of you saying how much fun it looked like we had, you are absolutely correct. We took our kids numerous times when they were little. I always thought each trip how this might be the last time I get to see that joy on the littles ones face. This is the second year in a row my daughter has invited her college friends along. These kids are awesome. I am getting to see the joy all over again, just not with such young faces. Sometimes their actions mimic those of young children but hey, it’s Disney, and we’re here to have fun. So to the parents that are taking their young children and worry that some day the love for Disney will disappear, that family trips will never be the same, that riding Peter Pan will lose its magic, I am here to say with Disney, ithe fun doesn’t have to end with age.

Last edited:
Dad here- I must clarify. I don’t dislike Stitch as this report seems to imply. But, if I was ranking Disney character favorites, Stitch would not be in my top 10. Not even close.

Now that we have cleared that up. For those of you saying how much fun it looked like we had, you are absolutely correct. We took our kids numerous times when they were little. I always thought each trip how this might be the last time I get to see that joy on the littles ones face. This is the second year in a row my daughter has invited her college friends along. These kids are awesome. I am getting to see the joy all over again, just not with such young faces. Sometimes their actions mimic those of young children but hey, it’s Disney, and we’re here to have fun. So to the parents that are taking their young children and worry that some day the love for Disney will disappear, that family trips will never be the same, that riding Peter Pan will lose its magic, I am here to say with Disney, ithe fun doesn’t have to end with age.
This made me tear up a little!

Love love love your energy! This seems like a super fun group you went with- following along! It's CRAZY impressive you all pulled this together. This would have been tough in college, but now especially as a later-than-mid-20-something getting my ladies together for a trip only a few months away would be basically impossible. Can't wait for more!

It was tough, but I am SO glad we made it happen. I know that if we do not do it now, it will be even more difficult when we have "grown-up jobs" in the next couple years haha. I'm glad you're here, though!

And also, I am a major fan of your username. Big Marauders fan here and I will go to my grave saying that Sirius Black deserved better!!!! End rant. Mischief managed.

The amount of hot takes made in this update. Whew, gurl...

giphy.gif

"The song you love to hate. The dragon you want to kill." One Little Spark is a SHERMAN BROTHERS MASTERPIECE. Do not disrespect it nor the same to Tony Baxter's pride and joy, Figment.

And how is it possible to be ok with someone who doesn't like Stitch? HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE STITCH?

Ugh.

*UNSUBSCRIBING*

Just kidding!

Also, I don't know if you're being sarcastic or you got really REALLY wrong information about early twenty somethings but we all love World Showcase. It's the saving grace of the once sparkling cruise ship now sinking that is Epcot imo. If not for how stunning it is but also BOOZE. We stan. But a love letter is always appreciated.

That was quite some journey of y'all running through MK to make it to Peter Pan's Flight before the park closed. I've done similar things and I can only imagine how frantic and wild that was with a group as big as yours. And with Teppan Edo intact? Y'all got skills.

Lol, Space Mountain with lights on after all that hype of it being dark, I can't. Just to help quell the bitterness over Space's petty that night, it wasn't until the end of my first CP when I was invited to ride Space with the lights on on one of my last nights so you got to see something a rather rare few get to see. Enjoy relishing in that.

Hahahaha, this made me laugh several times, so thank you for that!!

I have had my ups and downs with Figment, I will admit. I think what really gets me is the scent lab more than anything. I have super sensitive senses, so bad smells hit me HARD, and the skunk scent just ruins it for me. But Figment is cute, so I will give him a redemptive point there.

To be fair, most of my early twenty something friends are not major Disney fans at all, or have not been in a number of years, so I think it is easier for them to say "meh, boring" in reference to World Showcase. But I'll be doing DCP in the fall and I am excited for the opportunity to find some camaraderie.

Joining in! And can I just say, your group is one I would totally join in a heartbeat! Parents, friends, brother - the whole shebang! I don’t think I’ve ever seen such pure joy on so many people’s face! :D
Quick question-how long did the lights and X-Mas stay up whilst you were there? We are taking my parents for the 1st time in November but I REALLY wanted that week after New Year’s but since it’s their 1st time, having them see everywhere decked out in all their glory was/is crucial to me.
PS. I have video of me videoing the Kiss Goodnight(our 1st time seeing it)and I was BAWLING. I was watching my kids and seeing their faces light up, GAH!! I’m crying just thinking about it :P

:welcome:

We were nervous about the Christmas decor going away, too! But it actually stayed up for the duration of our trip (which ended the 12th). I believe that they historically keep it mostly up until the marathon weekend and the marathon took place on our last day, so this was true for 2019! I will note that they started taking the castle lights down in pieces while we were there, which was interesting, haha. The first night, the lights were almost fully in tact, but by our last evening, about 1/3 were missing, which made for an interesting look!

Haha I can't believe the lights were on in Space Mtn. after all that! That sounds like something that would happen to me :rotfl:

Life can truly be a series of unfortunate events, sometimes, but we've just gotta roll with the punches! :teeth:

This is hilarious haha

Your Mom is so pretty so she definitely serves as a great camera model! What camera do you use?

Ah the Marie Kondo version of WDW :rotfl:

I did not know this was a thing in Germany! I definitely want to see this. That's like my absolute favorite scene from Sound of Music!

WOW! That is truly impressive!!

I used a Canon EOS Rebel T6i for all pictures on this trip. And a 24mm lens!

Also, I feel as if I have led you astray. The performance of So Long, Farewell was courtesy of my friends and me...:teeth: Although Disney should really look into the details on royalties and trademarks for making this a consistent reality, hehe!

Ahh to be young and motivated to go on a ride before it goes down for refurb. I couldn't make it from my couch to my fridge in 6 minutes. You guys rock. I didn't realize it was down for refurb. Any idea how long it's going to be down. I'm assuming it'll be back up before we go in October. Totally subbing because you girls remind me of me and my friends at that age and I can't wait to read more. "I'M SO SORRY WALT" was too funny!

I am so happy you are here! And yes, I will admit that my energy is quite partial to Disney. I am unsure if you would be impressed by my motivation in any other case...

That is fenomenal!! I’ve never seen someone so creative. Sounds like a fun time. And I’m loving all your pictures!!

:welcome: Thank you so much!!

Oh Dad, you big softie.

I have had my ups and downs with Figment, I will admit. I think what really gets me is the scent lab more than anything. I have super sensitive senses, so bad smells hit me HARD, and the skunk scent just ruins it for me. But Figment is cute, so I will give him a redemptive point there.

Oh I agree, that scene is awful. I really have to prepare myself for that one, but I still adore the purple pigment dragon. I went as him for MNSSHP on my first program and the plush I had of him was my mascot so yeah I'm a bit Figment crazy. Part of it might be I've watched videos of the original Journey Into Imagination and that... THAT was an attraction.

To be fair, most of my early twenty something friends are not major Disney fans at all, or have not been in a number of years, so I think it is easier for them to say "meh, boring" in reference to World Showcase. But I'll be doing DCP in the fall and I am excited for the opportunity to find some camaraderie.

Take this as you will, but you need new friends lol I'm also shocked they're so meh about World Showcase. Like my few but faithful non-Disney obsessed friends would only be interested in World Showcase because again they like to drink.

And omg, did you get in? I got accepted the other day for Fall Advantage!

Spring Break is approaching which means mid-terms are in full-swing. And to fully personify a stereotypical college student, I am taking a break from studying and procrastinating. (Sorry, Dad!) But that means an update so yay!

Also personal update: I accepted an offer to work as an Attractions cast member in the fall with the Disney College Program so that's exciting news I wanted to share. If you're there in the fall, come say hi to me, be it at Kilimanjaro Safari (the dream), Splash Mountain, a parking lot, or somewhere in between!

...or...Living with the Land...

(with my luck, Disney is reading this right now and is placing me there for the sake of Karma)

We didn't quite make rope drop the next morning, but we still managed to get up remarkably early for a group that had predominantly functioned off of almost no sleep the day before.

Magic Kingdom was on the agenda for today so everyone was especially excited!! (I was particularly happy to see more than just a flat and whirl of lights when passing by the castle as we had experienced the night before haha)

Something we were nervous about going into the trip, but ended up actually working out for us, was Christmas decorations! They stayed up throughout our trip for the most part. The lights on the castle did start coming down in pieces, but for the most part the decor stayed up. From hat we understand, most of it stays up until after marathon weekend which included the last day of our trip.

46569559024_511c444fc1_z.jpg

Me being an obnoxious disnerd and explaining the windows of Main Street and their significance. Take THAT, Incorrect-Hidden-Mickey Game! Do I automatically win for being able to recount individual stories of the windows?!?

47292747041_c8c64b1253_z.jpg

We caught the trolley show and I bounced along and sang louder than is probably socially acceptable, but we all have our vices and the Main Street Trolley Show is ABSOLUTELY one of mine.

46378018545_50b970a00a_z.jpg

We stopped to grab a quick breakfast in the Starbucks on Main Street (rip O.G. Main Street Bakery, years later...you are still missed). Everyone grabbed a coffee/pastry of some sort. I opted for a chocolate croissant (my first of fifty over the duration of this trip).

Here is the happy couple waiting for their coffee.

47292740641_2b06c0f1de_z.jpg

We stopped to properly take in the castle! Which brings me to my next point:
OVEREXPOSED PICTURES.

Man, ohm an, y'all. As a photographer, it HURTS me to look back at a large majority of the pictures from this trip. There was just no cloud cover most of the time and it did not work in our
favour. My camera settings got fiddled with when a friend borrowed my camera and it took me a few days to figure that out, so just brace yourselves for bright, bright, bright photos (and also squinty eyes!!).

We never did get a perfectly decent Castle picture and that makes me sad, but hey...I think we have been well-compensated over the years.

47292739211_5d200fde6a_z.jpg

46378014335_20433ea17b_z.jpg

Not sure who took this pic or what artistic look they were going for but..oh well...:rotfl:

46569549974_1aab9649f1_z.jpg

An example of the attack of the sun.

40328161323_706255e5ec_z.jpg

We had immediate fast passes for Jungle Cruise so we skipped straight on over there. McCall ordered a trenta sized coffee (because they let her get the largest size and still considered it a snack credit) so she was super happy to hear that she could not bring it on the attraction, hehe. Watching her attempt to chug espresso was pretty enjoyable for the rest of us, though, I would like to add.

46569547364_0c03346485_z.jpg

46569546524_2313044731_z.jpg

46569545754_77f9df3067_z.jpg

We jumped over to Pirates after JC because I had talked way too much about the Disney water smell and needed to prove magic is real.

The picture our mom makes us take every. single. trip.
(one of the many)

40328160103_ca0fb3cb46_z.jpg

And speaking of pictures...was there always a ride photo here? Please help me out because I need to know. If not, why the heck did Disney put it where they put it, because YIKES. Not awkward enough to warrant actually buying it, but awkward enough to put the watermarked version here, haha.

Our derp faces obviously reveal that we were just having the absolute thrill of our lives.

33417177568_e61954b52e_z.jpg

We did Splash Mountain next. Our dollar ponchos were useless and we walked around wet for a couple hours afterward because of the DANG splash zone at the end of the ride.

40328159923_2f8448aa73_z.jpg

40328159373_08f9840326_z.jpg

After our adventure down to the briar patch, we took a break to grab some lunch. I was pushing for Harbour House, but the vote went to Pecos Bill. I am by no means a PB hater, let the records show. I was just really craving a salmon. But I ended up just sticking with the group and getting some nachos. They were delicious, of course, and I have no complaints!

BTMR was next on our list and can I just stop to talk about how much I freaking love this attraction? I think it is impossible to not laugh the whole way through it. So. Stinkin. Fun.

46569542254_184b8c9c44_z.jpg

We had an uncomfortable interaction with a photo pass guy at this point, but I know he meant well. Even so, it took him about six minutes to pose us and it still looks more awkward than if we had just grouped up together in ten seconds. Then, he proceeded to take about ten diagonal pictures. Diagonal as in...the camera was tilted at an acute angle for "artistic effect."

Even so, he did get one normal one of us and this is actually one of very few pictures of the whole gang so I'm including it here, no matter how awkward it may be :thumbsup2

46569541314_1556ac2d83_z.jpg

We leisurely strolled through some of the Frontierland shops for a bit and a few people got caramel apples to much on, so we sat and rested in the rocking chairs for a bit before we headed over to HoP.

As a political science major, I have a huge appreciation for this attraction. And for those of you who write this one off as a sleeper...THINK ABOUT THOSE ANIMATRONICS. I am just blown away by how individually programmed they are.

This was also our first time to see Trump so that was...fun...

:littleangel:

Haunted Mansion was next on the list. As is customary for me with any newbies, I told McCall to be super still to "feel the special effects" and then grabbed her leg and screamed bloody murder in the room with Leota in the crystal ball. She smacked me in the stomach and shouted " I FREAKING HATE YOU."

33417133668_fc10183621_z.jpg

Glamour shot.

47240609842_80b13374e2_z.jpg

If you read my other TR, you know about this picture and how special of a tradition it is for me! I'll go ahead and include some of the others again for the newbies :)

https://flic.kr/p/Ho4K2c

And then this trip:

We headed off to Little Mermaid after this, so I feel like now is an appropriate time to roast Megan for her hatred of Ariel. She thinks Ariel is a needy, selfish, materialistic diva who will never be content in life. I cannot say her accusations are inherently wrong, but like...the girl gave up her voice to be able to walk and fall in love. And she was sixteen, so let's give her some credit.

This is funny to me because a) here is proof that my mom was THAT mom who used flash photography in a dark ride and b) here is proof that Lexie is the most chilled out girl on the planet and literally just hangs her limbs out of every ride vehicle because she does. not. give. a. rip.

The mom in the back is most likely telling her daughter, "see those girls? Don't be like those girls."

We're good role models, I promise!!!!!!!!

to be continued

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    801.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Congratulations to you on getting accepted! Sending you pixie dust for those locations (I will say though, most end up in Magic Kingdom due to the amount of attractions there). Maybe I'll see you around down there.

If there is a vice to have in life and it is the Main Street Trolley Show then by default, it is not a vice because it deserves to be experienced with joy and singing and dancing not just from the performers but from the crowd too. I approve.

I love your awkward castle photos. Y'all look too happy to care that you don't know how to even pose for these photos haha

McCall downing an entire trenta coffee is the biggest most relatable Disney parks mood if I've ever heard one.

Isn't the Hall of Presidents under refurb for another year or something? ... ;)

I love that tradition with the wives wall outside the Mansion. On your CP, you should take a pic on your first day in the park after Traditions doing the Disney point at your name and holding your nametag. That would be iconic.

Megan and I would definitely not get along and I would definitely spend a moment or so arguing her issues with Ariel. Also, is her favorite princess Belle? Just out of curiosity. I want to see something.

Ok, so our last trip we had a SUPER awkward Photopass photog interaction. Now, let me start by saying my DD is *PAINFULLY* shy - like ducks her head and backs away slowly if anyone tries to talk to her. She was Disneybounding as Ariel and we just happened to be by Little Mermaid. I had just gotten her brother a huge lollipop(I think you can probably see where this is heading). So we do a family pic and get ready to move on. But he stopped us and insisted she do some solo pics in her “Cinderella”(?!?)outfit. Then he spends 10 min posing her on the lil bridge thing by Gaston’s, on the way to LM. Then he insists she use her brother’s lollipop as a prop. By this point she was wanting to jump off said bridge. But nooooo, it was ANOTHER 10 min of super awkward posed pics :rolleyes1 She started crying as soon as we walked away, she was soooo uncomfortable. I’m surprised she’s still not holding a grudge :D
Also, Ariel irks me for the same reasons. So problematic o_O and to @PlutosRHM55 Belle is my favorite :ssst: Give me Belle, Mulan, Merida, and Rapunzel any day.

Also personal update: I accepted an offer to work as an Attractions cast member in the fall with the Disney College Program so that's exciting news I wanted to share. If you're there in the fall, come say hi to me, be it at Kilimanjaro Safari (the dream), Splash Mountain, a parking lot, or somewhere in between!

That's awesome! I'll be there in September so I'll keep an eye out! I definitely regret not applying for the DCP in college, so good for you!!

because they let her get the largest size and still considered it a snack credit

Snack credits can be used for any sized Starbucks drink! I think its like the best use of a snack credit to get a Trenta sized anything haha

Congratulations to you on getting accepted! Sending you pixie dust for those locations (I will say though, most end up in Magic Kingdom due to the amount of attractions there). Maybe I'll see you around down there.

If there is a vice to have in life and it is the Main Street Trolley Show then by default, it is not a vice because it deserves to be experienced with joy and singing and dancing not just from the performers but from the crowd too. I approve.

I love your awkward castle photos. Y'all look too happy to care that you don't know how to even pose for these photos haha

McCall downing an entire trenta coffee is the biggest most relatable Disney parks mood if I've ever heard one.

Isn't the Hall of Presidents under refurb for another year or something? ... ;)

I love that tradition with the wives wall outside the Mansion. On your CP, you should take a pic on your first day in the park after Traditions doing the Disney point at your name and holding your nametag. That would be iconic.

Megan and I would definitely not get along and I would definitely spend a moment or so arguing her issues with Ariel. Also, is her favorite princess Belle? Just out of curiosity. I want to see something.

Thank you! I am p u m p e d! Congrats yourself!

I will definitely have to do the name tag pic in front of the wall. How far I've come.

And to address your Ariel/Belle question...honestly Megan is such a wackjob, I am not even sure if she has a favourite princess. She is all about the obscure characters. But probably not even because she loves them...just because they're obscure. Calliope the Muse from Hercules, Jake from The Rescuers Down Under, etc. You know the type.

Ok, so our last trip we had a SUPER awkward Photopass photog interaction. Now, let me start by saying my DD is *PAINFULLY* shy - like ducks her head and backs away slowly if anyone tries to talk to her. She was Disneybounding as Ariel and we just happened to be by Little Mermaid. I had just gotten her brother a huge lollipop(I think you can probably see where this is heading). So we do a family pic and get ready to move on. But he stopped us and insisted she do some solo pics in her “Cinderella”(?!?)outfit. Then he spends 10 min posing her on the lil bridge thing by Gaston’s, on the way to LM. Then he insists she use her brother’s lollipop as a prop. By this point she was wanting to jump off said bridge. But nooooo, it was ANOTHER 10 min of super awkward posed pics :rolleyes1 She started crying as soon as we walked away, she was soooo uncomfortable. I’m surprised she’s still not holding a grudge :D
Also, Ariel irks me for the same reasons. So problematic o_O and to @PlutosRHM55 Belle is my favorite :ssst: Give me Belle, Mulan, Merida, and Rapunzel any day.

Yeesh, that hurt me to read!! There is a fine line between Photopass photographers who do *nothing* and those who take their job so seriously that they fail to accomplish the basic goal...but I am probably not being very fair or understanding with that assertion.

That's awesome! I'll be there in September so I'll keep an eye out! I definitely regret not applying for the DCP in college, so good for you!!

Snack credits can be used for any sized Starbucks drink! I think its like the best use of a snack credit to get a Trenta sized anything haha

Thank you so much!! I am very excited for the experience, for sure. And yes, so true! Literally such a good bang for your bunk.
(But also it hurts me a bit since I can get Starbucks wherever I want)

Congrats on getting in to the college program! Maybe I'll see you in September or November

Thank you!! Yes, please say hi if you see me around!

After our adventures under the sea, we skipped over to Gaston's Tavern. The girls in our group are big Harry Potter fans and they were crushed to hear that Butter Beer would not be a part of our trip, so we had been building them up to at least by consoled by Lefou's Brew (although I do not believe LB even compares to BB if we are being quite honest).

40328150843_c1f23a0c13_z.jpg

And then began the most uncomfortable character meet-and-greet of my entire life.

Gaston.

So all of us were pretty excited to meet Gaston, some more than others (cough cough MEGAN cough cough). But it did not go as planned.

Megan walked straight up to Gaston and said, "Hi, thanks for coming to my meet and greet. Its nice to meet me." She was trying to like...be cocky before he could, I guess? But he did not understand. He handled it so awkwardly and then turned to the rest of us and was just so thrown off kilter for the rest of the interaction.

I think the character attendant felt the discomfort because she started helming him out...but it made it worse. She insulted all of us in I guess what she considered to be a "Gaston way," but it's very different coming from a movie character who is known for chauvinism and narcissism versus a girl who is literally our age.

Please note the discomfort in my face through all of these.

33417122268_784f90a311_z.jpg

33417120978_c7450b5da2_z.jpg

33417119538_3b7ba762ea_z.jpg

"I just want to die."

33417118018_73922955fb_z.jpg

32350986777_6c21f85019_z.jpg

Then poor sweet Morgan stepped up and had to deal with him all alone. I thought she was with us the whole time and then we walked off and saw that she was still there and I felt s sorry. It was awful.

46377971985_1e325c394c_z.jpg

*wrote this entire post and then went to preview mode to check for obnoxious typos and noticed that Lexie is not even in these photos and I literally have no clue what happened there. I think he ate her. And I wish I was kidding.*

After that haunted experience, we decided to pay a visit to the better half of Gaston's movie and do Enchanted Tales with Belle.

Megan got chosen to be a knight, of course. Because we are the chosen ones of Disney World. See title.

"Chosen ones" count: 1.

(stay tuned)

46569518394_4615f83819_z.jpg

Also look how freakin adorable that little Chip is.

47240594892_fae92bd9a6_z.jpg

32350971387_de5e320744_z.jpg

I really wanted to be a spoon, but when they asked for extras, they only passed out plates and HOW LAME IS THAT?! So I sat with my pride and just watched Megan and the kids do their thing.

We had a bit of down time before our dinner reservation so we headed back into Storybook Circus, which I believe is one of the most aesthetically pleasing parts of MK!

47240592902_6b8709189c_z.jpg

32350967547_4b5fa53f81_z.jpg

40328127723_1d0b9f4998_z.jpg

Megan and Lexie's Dumbo got stuck at the very bottom which was honestly the most comical and perfect thing that could have happened. So while we all soared high, they basically skimmed the ground in a circle the entire time. :teeth:

We hit up Philharmagic next. My dad and I often play a little game of "IF YOU COULD BE ANYWHERE AT DISNEY RIGHT NOW, WHERE WOULD YOU BE?" and nine times out of ten...this is my answer. I think it just so nicely surmises what Disney is all about. The classics, the effects, the laughter. Eep, I love it.

(Also, someone bottle up that Be Our Guest smeltilizer for me please.)

Then it was time for dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern!!!

LTT is one of my favourites! I am sad that colonial Mickey and Minnie do not hang out there anymore because they were my faves, but I still love it. The food, the in-park convenience, the NODS TO THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!

What more could a political science girl want? :flower:

40328127443_58a76700fd_z.jpg

40328127103_669e0a037d_z.jpg

The sun had started to set and it was a bit more overcast so we decided to try and get some more castle pics, but the struggle was real because the sky went from nice golden hour to pitch black in like record timing.

32351039497_65ee06e585_z.jpg

47292786051_b399c7c3b2_z.jpg

By the time we got a family pick, it already looked like this outside.

40328119293_8000dabd07_z.jpg

Even with editing magic, this is as bright as I could get us haha. Oops. :confused3

47292786531_26da22cd6a_z.jpg

46377954595_0fc4722f31_z.jpg

40328128733_1b33ca776c_z.jpg

We had a little bit of time before fireworks so we headed back to small world. McCall especially appreciated this one and between the two of us, we were able to name every country! Normally, I have a few iffy ones, but she's done some mega world traveling so we managed to get it all.

Then, we mosied toward Main Street. The girls had been looking for ears all day and were ready to make the biggest purchase of their life.

And with all the build up...I failed to get a picture of them. Hehe. BUT no fears, they will be making many an appearance over the course of this TR.

I bought a Space Mountain shirt!

We watched Happily Ever After and all of us cried. It was a great time.

And nice to be able to enjoy the show in a context other than being the background soundtrack of our sprint to hell...I mean Peter Pan. :littleangel:

We went to bed good and tired and emotionally exhausted, let me tell you. But in all the best ways!!

32351039787_0b094cae99_z.jpg

until next time!! :wave2:

At least Gaston was memorable :rotfl: I feel like characters get real thrown off when us humans try to actually interact with them since they are so used to most people not knowing what to say lolol

Love your Storybook Circus pics! I've never really spent any time in that area and I need to remedy that!

Sounds like a great MK day!

Yay!!! I loved your last trip report! I am glad you are back!
I am already enjoying this one!!

I am so loving your trip report! It is so special seeing Disney through the eyes of those who have never been.

All of the Abigail shots "through the years" are adorable. What a great tradition, don't ever stop.

At least Gaston was memorable :rotfl: I feel like characters get real thrown off when us humans try to actually interact with them since they are so used to most people not knowing what to say lolol

Love your Storybook Circus pics! I've never really spent any time in that area and I need to remedy that!

Sounds like a great MK day!

Memorable is a GREAT word!! :rolleyes1 I think it is probably off-putting for them every once in a while when people their own age are pumped to see them, but maybe we just caught him on a bad day. It was R O U G H. I wish I could remember all the specific things he stumbled over. Very flustered.

Storybook Circus is so tucked away, it an easy spot for us to just kind of skip over, but since we had the newbies with us, we made a point to do Dumbo because CLASSIC, and I am so glad we did! I love it back there.

Yay!!! I loved your last trip report! I am glad you are back!
I am already enjoying this one!!

Thank you!!! I'm happy you're with us again!

I am so loving your trip report! It is so special seeing Disney through the eyes of those who have never been.

All of the Abigail shots "through the years" are adorable. What a great tradition, don't ever stop.

Thank you! My family has decided that taking newbies is definitely the best way to do Disney. At least when you're at the point like most of us on here where you've done it all on your own and have all the pics and memories. It makes everything new again to have people tag along who ARE new.

Some of the first ones have one of my parents holding me because I wasn't tall enough to make the picture. It's a super special tradition that I plan to do until my last trip :) I think it will be so cool at the end of my life to compare them all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!