Should we

• Buy Aulani direct

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Wait for the new DL DVC

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • Try to find a VGC resale contract

Votes: 33 70.2%

• Total voters
We worry about buying resale because if they do build the new DVC at DL, we would probably not being able to use our points there.

Isn't the new location worse? The current hotel is physically attached to the park today.

I don't really know but seems like the new resort will be a worse location and likely much much much more expensive if I have to guess.

Whoops old thread looks like you went with VGC which is a great choice for your position.

There is no main benefit as of today to buying direct really.

You are right on of that. In the long run, we will have both.
Isn't the new location worse? The current hotel is physically attached to the park today.

I don't really know but seems like the new resort will be a worse location and likely much much much more expensive if I have to guess.

Whoops old thread looks like you went with VGC which is a great choice for your position.

There is no main benefit as of today to buying direct really.

We were in a similar situation as West Coasters with plans for a big Aulani 2BR OV stay in 2021. We already have a direct contract at Poly, and I was seriously considering adding on at Riviera so we could do split stays between Poly and Riviera when at Disney World, and also use the points for Aulani or future DL DVC at other times. We even had a split stay booked at Poly/Riv for the end of May with plans on buying Riv if we liked it.

Of course that trip never happened, and with lots of time to think about it, I knew I really wanted to buy at VGC. We're now waiting for ROFR on a 120 point contract. We still needed more points for the Aulani stay since we're saving those VGC points for VGC, so we're now waiting for ROFR on a 200 point Aulani contract as well. I considered SSR for the long term savings over Aulani, but we'll never want to stay there so the 11 month advantage is lost on us. It'll probably come in handy for us at Aulani, though.

We're good with points for now, but if/when that DL tower gets built, I'm sure we'll be adding on so we can supplement the VGC contract. So in summary, we went with "All of the above" :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!