WestJet

TinkSassy

DIS Veteran
Working with a friend flying out or Regina. Cheapest airfare for April looks like it disappeared in the last week! So now over a grand to get to WDW.

Do they tend to release more sale fares as time goes on or is it grab what you can get as soon as you can?

At this point I'd wait until Black Friday. WJ usually has a sale at that time. Otherwise I would just keep watching the rates and book if they ever get low enough. I wouldn't expect the regular rate to go much or at all really. It's only if the flights go on sale.

Is that a grand per person? We flew from Regina to Orlando last Sept and the cheapest rates that I saw (not that I was looking everyday) were $450 each with a stop in Toronto, this was Air Canada. West jet was more but they didn't have the direct flights from Regina at that point.

It is actually about $1200 USD so don't want to see what it is on her end. Had it at $790 just last week! Thanks for the tip on Black Friday - is that day after US Thanksgiving?

Also, does WestJet do price match against themselves? Like if I book it now and it goes on sale they refund the difference? Southwest has that in the states so just wondering.

I just booked direct flights from Calgary last week and got a great deal at $525 round trip! I am so stoked! I had never seen them that low (usually closer to the $800 range). I would wait it out a little bit and see what they do.

I just booked direct flights from Calgary last week and got a great deal at $525 round trip! I am so stoked! I had never seen them that low (usually closer to the $800 range). I would wait it out a little bit and see what they do.

That is good. When are you travelling?

I'd wait. My flight to Disneyland in November is still available at close to the same price as I paid in January. It's fluctuated a lot, but a couple weeks ago was a bit lower than what I paid. Plus, when you book super early there is a chance they will change their flight schedules before your trip.

Working with a friend flying out or Regina. Cheapest airfare for April looks like it disappeared in the last week! So now over a grand to get to WDW.

Do they tend to release more sale fares as time goes on or is it grab what you can get as soon as you can?

I was watching a flight for December, it was a great price then went way up. Then the whole flight got cancelled and replaced with a non-direct. I am now wary of WestJet.

For April I would wait until Black Friday or Boxing Day. I was watching last year, hoping to fit in a little trip, and flights dropped way down in price. Or try and app like Hopper, they will let you know when to buy :) I am also watching for an April flight this year and am waiting until Boxing Day, fingers crossed.

Also, does WestJet do price match against themselves? Like if I book it now and it goes on sale they refund the difference? Southwest has that in the states so just wondering.

Not anymore. They used to offer the difference in WestJet dollars, but stopped doing that about a year ago.

Agree with others - prices do fluctuate, even outside of "sales". My late March flight to Orlando was about $650pp when I started watching. I bought when it dropped to about $525. Now the same flight is $450 (go figure).

If you're not going during a school break, I'd wait, especially if you have any flexibility in dates. Check often, or set up an alert on Google flights or a similar service.

It is the school break - that is why I'm worried about waiting. But the current price is crazy.

We flew out of Regina last Easter (live in Moose Jaw)- and the cheapest flights we could find were just under $900 with WestJet- direct going down and then through Toronto coming home. We watched after we bought- and they never went down- only up (we booked the flights in September- flew in April). If they can be flexible with dates and connections they may be able to find cheaper flights. They could also try flying out of Saskatoon with Delta- many times their flights are much cheaper- but would likely have to over night in Saskatoon and park their car.

There's a Thanksgiving seat sale on now. I believe with dates into April. I doubt the price is much lower. I think flights closer to today that aren't full are the ones with the steepest discount.

We just booked flights for Feb 22 - Mar 3 on Westjet for $575 pp from Prince George, BC to Orlando. That's $300 pp cheaper than it's been for months.

We flew out of Regina last Easter (live in Moose Jaw)- and the cheapest flights we could find were just under $900 with WestJet- direct going down and then through Toronto coming home. We watched after we bought- and they never went down- only up (we booked the flights in September- flew in April). If they can be flexible with dates and connections they may be able to find cheaper flights. They could also try flying out of Saskatoon with Delta- many times their flights are much cheaper- but would likely have to over night in Saskatoon and park their car.

Also from Moose Jaw, and after both United and Delta ceased operations out of Regina we booked Delta flights from/to Saskatoon. Even factoring in the cost of driving to/from Saskatoon and two nights in the hotel it was still cheaper than anything Westjet or Air Canada was offering, and better scheduling to boot! Parking the car is a push as we would have to do that in Regina as well.

Lately Westjet always has the best prices from the east coast(NFLD)I highly recommend west jet card with yearly companion voucher.

If Alaska services your Airport I’d check them out too. Pretty pretty good airline, and they don’t change schedules, cancelling out flights as some do, Delta I’m looking at you!!

Flying from Toronto late April. Westjet flight jumped from $1200 to $1600 (2 adults) since last week. AC doesn’t have suitable post-cruise time. Best option is Delta from Detroit (we live half way). There seems to be far less choice than a few years ago and prices are much higher.

To anyone looking for cheaper airfare try this trick I just read about. Go into your history and clear your cookies. You may find your cheaper flights are back (may not but it's worth a shot)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter