• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

wet and wild

cool chris

cool days, cool times, coolchris
hi all,
hope you are all well. My question today is about wet & wild, is it worth going to? We will be staying almost opposite it but have already got our tickets for blizzard beach and are not sure if it is worth the money for another water park, what do you all think?

thanks chris:confused:

Chris

Are you intending to visit US, IoA and/or Sea World. If so have you already got tix. If not consider an Orlando Flex ticket. 14 days admission to the three above parks plus W&W for about $165. Add Busch for another$40 approx. I am getting these tix because they are value without W&W. If we don't like W&W it's no biggy, if we do that's a bonus

Ken

Ditto!!

We're staying at RPH so I think Wet and Wild is included (?) but even if not it's right near by. I really fancied trying Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon but we don't really want to do too much of the same as time is at a premium, any thoughts greatly appreciated!!!

Hi Chris

This is just my personal opinion but me and mart hated it.

It was packed, dirty and generally scruffy. The tickets were pretty expensive for what they were and we only stayed an hour the skys opended up and there was lightning so you had to get out of the water. Also the one ride we got on which was a ring ride was really busy so they made us share with some gross family, so I was not best pleased. The wave machine was OK and they were the only two things we got on.

Fortunately we were staying at the Rodeway inn so we put our towels around us and went back to the hotel (the weather did not get any better that day either so it was a good job we left).

We went to Typhoon Lagoon and that was lovely even though the rides were not completely mad, some of them still made me scream!!!! :o Never got to Blizzard Beach it rained to much so bear that in mind as we did not the use out of the waterparks that we could have, we went in September last year.

Anyway enough of my going on, hope that helps

Hugs

T :p

Tracy
not certain but I think W&W has had a major refurb since you were there. Anyone know for sure?

Ken

We went to W&W last June. It was very crowded and difficult to get a chair/lounger. It's all concrete and very hot on your feet. The wave pool and lazy river were good, and there's a seperate section for kids but this was very crowded as well. Didn't do any rides so can't comment on them.

Haven't done a Disney waterpark yet so can't compare.

BTW does anyone know if you can tubes into wave pools at BB or TL?

Hi all,

W&W has had the childrens area refurbished last year and also a new ride - (a 'sink hole' type ride where you literally go down a plughole!)

IMHO Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach still beat this hands down so I wouldn't make a special journey to it (or pay extra for that matter) but if you are staying close by and have the flex ticket then it's worth killing a spare hour or two there as it is included in the ticket price anyway.

So if Wet n Wild isn't the best which of the two Disney Water Parks is? The reason I ask is we didn't do any water parks last time. I got the tickets without the water parks included :( wow was I popular

The other questions is, as this time we're only doing a Flexi Ticket for Universal Etc. is it worth buying a one day ticket for one of the Disney water parks?

Mike

Chris, for relaxin and takin in the sights you can't beat Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach but our two (15 and 13) love WnW for the slides alone. It is purely a functional water park- all concrete areas with little to please the eye.

I'll try to persuade the kids to do you a reply to compare the slides at the parks.

Mike, TL for the scenery and relaxation ; BB for fun (IMHO)

Must agree with Spotty Dog - W&W is a concrete jungle in comparison to Typhoon Lagoon.

We did W & W when we stayed at the MIC Lakefront which overlooks the park - and did TL last year.

It was a more enjoyable day without doubt.
Will be trying Blizzard Beach ourselves in September.

Would say it would be better to put your money elsewhere rather than 'splash' out at W&W ;)

Brian

we agree with tracy,it was a bit of a rugby scrum around the lockers,packed out,long queues on the more popular rides,i would go again for the kids sake,but only if they insisted,it also rained with nowhere to shelter....i would rather go to typhoon lagoon

mike:cool:

i have to agree with most other people here, been to wnw once and never again, bit of an eyesore with to many people but the rides and slides are good, i think if you go in after 3.00 you get in for half price or you did when i went.

BB is by far the nicer of the disney water parks IMHO, but this could be because its newer and has sumit plumit (hold onto your shorts, they could end up anywere) but TL has its good points to with the wave pool thats bound to knock you of your feet and the crowds of people chanting 'WE WANT WAVES' 'WE WANT WAVES'

BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY EVERYBODY TO THERE OWN

GIGGLER:bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter