"We've gone too far"-A sister trip with surprise guest Irma! Sept 2017 - Completed 4/16

The breaks in the middle of the day can be tough. If you wait too long it feels silly. I personally feel like it is easier to do at certain resorts more than others.

! I figured there would be breaks in the parade for people to cross (as there are in DLR), but nope.

:laughing: Nope! We've also been stuck waiting for a parade to pass by to leave.

Which, would have been fine, if we weren't stuck in the hot sun and knowing we just wanted to get back to the resort.

I almost melted on our first trip back when they had the FP viewing spot, and we haven't watched the parade again since :rotfl:

The breaks in the middle of the day can be tough. If you wait too long it feels silly. I personally feel like it is easier to do at certain resorts more than others
Yeah, it’s hard to do at Moderates/Values! I will probably have some sort of breaks during my December trip, but those may coincide with meals at different resorts or hopping between parks, and I’ve planned out the hotels accordingly!

I almost melted on our first trip back when they had the FP viewing spot, and we haven't watched the parade again since
Yeah, I mean, I thought it was an excellent parade, but I probably won’t make it a priority unless I was visiting with Disney newbies!

Last edited:
Day 5, Part 6 - Pre-party prep (say that 5 times fast)

After changing at POFQ we went right back to the buses, where unfortunately it took a while for one to come. We made it back to MK around 4:45 and walked down the Main street bypass.

aFygY0t.jpg

Definitely not many crowds, as we figured most people would have gotten there at 4 (like we were originally planning).

We also took a Photopass pic.The photo with the sign that actually says "Mickey Not So Scary Halloween Party" was much longer while our photographer had no one!

c13sAY2.jpg

Making our way out of the bypass, we were right next to Tomorrowland Terrace so I decided to check us in for the dessert party that evening. The CM gave us our wristbands and told us to come back around 8:30. This was definitely a mistake, as we would discover later!

At this point, we had already checked off most everything on our attractions list (literally I think the only thing left on that list was Astro Orbitor), so were sort of wondering-what now? I think we were also tired, and hot, so not thinking very clearly. I wanted to see if Aloha Isle was already selling the haunted mansion dessert (previous parties reported that they started selling these closer to 4 for any party guests, not 7 for actual party time). We also decided to stop and do Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse-I honestly don’t know what we were thinking-doing this late afternoon, super hot, in dresses! But whatever! I always liked the Swiss Family Treehouse at DL, but don’t think I’ve ever done it since they changed to Tarzan. I am also annoyed with the location of the Tarzan Tree entrance as it really doesn’t help with traffic congestion in Adventureland! But, oh well, OFF TOPIC.

pG42j6y.jpg

Had a great view from the top and no one else was around so we weren't rushed to move on from one scene to another.

Vpkuxo3.jpg

Also scoped out some hurricane damage around it, so I could only imagine what Jungle Cruise looked like! After the hurricane the parks were opened, but Jungle Cruise remained closed for about a week, so it was a good thing we did it on Saturday. The railroad also was down for longer, and the Friendship Boats at Epcot. I think the boat ones especially were down because they had to drag the rivers to make sure no branches would damage the boats!

ryFmhz3.jpg

Then we stopped at Aloha Isle, but unfortunately this afternoon they weren’t selling the HM dessert until after 7 :sad1:

We then walked all the way into New Fantasyland to use our last FP-Enchanted Tales with Belle. I didn't end up taking that many photos inside because my camera is horrible with low light (hopefully I should be getting a new one before my trip in March).

RoUDfgv.jpg

I loved the detail in the workshop, though some people in the standby line were annoying and shoved us out of the way. Lauren didn’t know about the enchanted mirror (I had unfortunately been spoiled with a youtube video), so that was very cool to see!

We weren’t picked to be anything during the show as there were plenty of kids. Instead we just sat and watched, which was cute. During Belle’s walk around the room she stopped and noticed our dresses. I guess we could have gotten up and gotten in line after the kids and taken a photo (there was another group of adults who did that), but we didn’t really want to cause a scene if that was not really allowed!

The actual show was very cute, though I probably wouldn't do it again without kids. Lauren originally didn't know what it was about-she thought it was just Belle reading stories to kids-so she was confused as to why I got us FPs!

I did love Lumiere though!

xlsMP5K.jpg

After Enchanted Tales, we knew we had a little over an hour until the party. Our plan had been to wait in line a bit early to take photos with Belle and Gaston, so we weren’t sure if we should leave that area or what, especially because both of our feet were hurting. We finally decided, lets just get some dinner, bring back to line, and eat there. After hemming and hawing, we agreed on Pinnochio and Lauren was going to get in line while I picked up food, but I walked into the restaurant at 6:02, when they stopped serving food at 6:00! So I was turned away-I was a bit annoyed, even though I knew it was just a timing issue and they probably couldn’t even ring people up. :headache:

I decided to just keep heading over to Columbia Harbor House and got the Land & Sea Trio [Fried Shrimp, Breaded Chicken and Battered Fish with Corn on the Cob and choice of Steamed Fresh Vegetables, Apple Slices or French Fries]. I also tried out Mobile Ordering for the first time and was a big fan!

c3bAjbn.jpg

The food itself was decent enough for fried food. And there was a lot of it, so that was good. I think I liked the fish strips the best. I wouldn't be opposed to going again, but I think there are so many other places I want to visit, it's not a priority!

Lauren decided she instead wanted a burger, so after I got back to line, she went to Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe. It looks like she just got the basic Cheeseburger [Char-grilled Angus Cheeseburger on a Brioche Bun, served with French Fries or Green Beans] and it looks like she has a side of cheese to dip fries in?

YkmJf3P.jpg

Again, another basic meal. Gets the job done but nothing to write home about! :confused3

Day 5, Part 7 MNSSHP

We were the first ones in line waiting for Belle and Gaston and definitely did not need to wait that long! Even if we had walked up at 7pm, it probably would have been only a 15 minute wait! We just didn’t realize how empty that party would be! There was a cute family behind us with the little girl dressed as the Evil Queen (from Snow White) and her sister as the poison apple. That little girl just embodied Evil Queen! My sister said something that was meant as a joke and the rest of the family laughed, while the girl just gave her the darkest stare-it actually frightened Lauren! She also had very set ideas about pretend play and gave specific instructions when some of their other friends came over-you go over there and pretend you are outside. "No, you are still outside and I’m inside!" It at least amused everyone in line!

Around 6:55 we were informed by the CMs that Belle was still reading her book so the first set would just be Gaston! Well, that sucked! The whole point was to take a photo with both of them. But we had waited that long, we didn’t want to continue waiting! Anyways, had a decent character meet, with Gaston being his charming self! :faint: Though I guess I was a bit disappointed because it wasn't as amazing as I've heard other people get to experience!

KVgCwb8.jpg
V6CRvKJ.jpg
U8WIKtE.jpg
Wjvnk7X.jpg

After that was done, we were going to try and take a PP photo with a skeleton backdrop that I had heard about, but I guess it had been taken away for the storm and wasn’t back up yet, so no luck there. :sad: This was actually a running theme this evening, it seemed like a lot of decorations had been removed during the hurricane (understandably), and they had not had time to put them back up (for example, all the scarecrows in Town Hall were gone, as were the big Pumpkins).

We ended up wandering our way through Fantasyland and stopped at the Village Haus and Philharmagic trick or treat stops. Trick or Treating is one thing I really like about DLR’s party-the treat stops are full trails, with each one having 5/6 barrels of candy! Most of these just had one barrel! Though the CMs give handfuls at WDW, while at DLR each gives a couple pieces of candy.

We then decided to go ahead and check out Haunted Mansion. First stopped to take a photopass pic with the carriage.

TpuxFId.jpg
kfBWAFJ.jpg

Then the ride. Loved the fog effects and the CMs all dressed in makeup. They would just stop and stare at you creepily!

E8keXet.jpg
t2iZVHx.jpg

The interactive queue was open this time so we got to check it out and I really liked everything! Lauren had me stop and figure out the puzzle on the busts.

IWpkpXO.jpg
gbePsTu.jpg

When we got out Madame Carlotta had arrived and was entertaining people which was very amusing.

Fly4fjK.jpg

We also noticed some hurricane damage to the pet cemetery

G4BKlWE.jpg

I had originally wanted to get the PP photo with the HM lantern but that wasn’t set up yet. We planned to come back later, but unfortunately never did so :sad1:

We continued back over to Aloha Isle, where I finally got the Haunted Mansion dessert. I think at that point I was sort of starting to get frustrated with things and at first they only had the sign up for the Peanut Butter treat. The original Disney post about the HM desserts had a different flavor at each location, so I thought that meant they only had PB there, when I wanted the Oreo one, so I was ready to walk away and almost start crying! Thankfully my sister saw reason and realized they had the Oreo sign too, it was just besides a different cash register :worried:

Got my treat, and I really liked it! I think it was basically the same as the previous Grey Stuff dessert, just with a HM chocolate top. So I wish they hadn’t switched that, as I probably would have really liked the original GS!

FTIQ5sR.jpg
hmov6Kf.jpg

I think we rode the Magic Carpets then, since there was no wait and we were right there. I don’t know why, but that ride was definitely a favorite of ours! I was controlling the up/down motion this time, but of course accidentally steered us into multiple camel spit streams! That at least made me laugh!

It was then around 8pm and we thought we had to be at the dessert party at 8:30 (again, incorrect… >:(), so didn’t know what we had time for. I decided I was done scheduling things for that night, so handed the map over to Lauren and said-you decide!

She realized it was getting close to time for the first Hocus Pocus show, so we made our way in front of the castle for that. Because it was so empty we got up fairly close!

LUkZD2z.jpg

(One thing that annoyed me was a family in front of us who decided she just had to film the whole thing on her Ipad, holding it above her head. So she had a great view, while we had to watch some through a screen. >:( And there was a woman in a scooter next to us, but the filming woman tried to move around and got right in front of her! I was so annoyed that I went to her and told her she was blocking that woman so she moved back to the side.)

As for the show-we loved it! We are big Hocus Pocus fans (we've even considered doing a three-way costume with my mom) so were really looking forward to it and it didn’t disappoint! Thought the projections on the castle worked really well too!

tJR1fMq.jpg
hXFXa4U.jpg
9TQ1FUV.jpg

Cont-Dessert Party, Round 1

I think inconsiderate people are my biggest pet peeve - I'm glad you said something to that woman who stepped right in front of the woman in the scooter!

We then decided to go ahead and check out Haunted Mansion. First stopped to take a photopass pic with the carriage.

I love this one!

I had originally wanted to get the PP photo with the HM lantern but that wasn’t set up yet. We planned to come back later, but unfortunately never did so :sad1:

Aw :sad: this one was so cute.

One thing that annoyed me was a family in front of us who decided she just had to film the whole thing on her Ipad, holding it above her head.

Ugh, I hate when people film using ipads!

Cute dresses.Love Love Love your bag is that Mrs. Pots?

I also tried out Mobile Ordering for the first time and was a big fan!
I loved mobile ordering.

That little girl just embodied Evil Queen! My sister said something that was meant as a joke and the rest of the family laughed, while the girl just gave her the darkest stare-it actually frightened Lauren
CREEPY

I know you weren't thrilled with this m&g but your smile is awesome here.

Cute costumes!

What a bummer that Belle didn't come out after you waited all that time! I'm sorry the interaction with Gaston wasn't that exciting.

Sounds like things just weren't going right for you! Hopefully things turn around! Glad you got to see the Hocus Pocus show, it's so cool!

I'm procrastinating working, so decided to go ahead and update this TR again! :rolleyes1 Oh, and this update is a doozy!

Day 2, Part 5 "We have a fastpass?"

My previous update left off just as we entered MK, but before walking underneath the train tracks. I mentioned that we had missed our Talking Mickey FP. The night before I had been able to book a 7DMT and Big Thunder FPs, also for that afternoon, so we had already entered into the window for 7DMT.

We came out of the tunnel and around the bend, and ... my first view of the big castle! FYI-it was 2:30 when I took this photo... this will come into play a little further down! :mickeyjum

gn5ny9S.jpg

(Also notice they had taken down the scrim but not the scaffolding from the shop on Main Street that was currently getting refurbed.)

Of course a stop for a photopass photo, including another magic shot and video
eZyBDqG.jpg
qCx4BPu.jpg

And Lauren wanted an individual photo making the “U” (she’s a University of Utah alum and they had a big football game that day; I think she had some friendly backtalk with the opposing teams’ fans who were also wearing their gear!) :rotfl:

CuEnVTm.jpg

First ride-Mad Tea Party! We were walking by and it was a walk-on (and running half empty, so basically whoever was in line when they started the ride got on). Lauren didn’t get a chance to do it her previous trip, so we thought, why not!

pNklmNw.jpg
ukUcGxD.jpg
5NxXkrJ.jpg
NYjUvrd.jpg

We also experimented with slo/fast-motion videos. I think slo-mo turned out much better!

We definitely didn’t spin it too crazy but more just relaxed and took fun photos/video. This ride is pretty much the same as DLR, just WDW has a roof over it and the teapot in the center. DLR has lanterns and vines hanging over it, which can be fun at night! Though I do think the "stopping" happens smoother at DLR. At WDW it definitely feels like it jerks to a stop, while at DL it glides to a stop!

Aside: a fun experience on teacups I had this spring was at night during the MSEP. The parade route goes right past the teacups and at that point it is so narrow there is no viewing on the other side, so characters on the ride end up paying attention to the teacups. The stepsisters were making fun of riders, Hook and Peter Pan were waving, and then Tinkerbell looked very shocked when everyone started spinning!
ZhqZGyM.jpg

We continued around the pathway onto 7DMT, which I was looking forward to experiencing! The standby wait was also only 30 minutes! We did have some issues fitting into the row with both our backpacks and the banshee box (which I couldn’t have shipped to the resort because of the hurricane), but we made it work! You can actually see Irma's box on my lap in the pictures! I was surprised the CMs let me just hold it on my lap, though I guess I looked trustworthy and had wedged it in slightly!

bzSQ89K.jpg
JdlDgnI.jpg

Loved this ride! So well themed! And so much fun! I think this was definitely my favorite ride at Magic Kingdom! The ride also stopped for a decent amount of time by the Heigh-ho dwarf so everyone on our cart started singing the song! The mine cart also stopped by the cottage for a while and we realized all the poppies around there-yeah, they're fake! Very good fakes, but still fake!

GRnT7xJ.jpg

Next, it’s a small world, which was another walk-on. :boat:

aUcOZHx.jpg
5mGGOMq.jpg
viJpAa6.jpg

This one is a clear example of where DLR is better. Most people know DLR has loading outside, so the façade is 2-3x that of the WDW version. And then DLR also has the Disney characters, which are super adorable, though the end carnival theme for WDW is cute! But I definitely prefer DLR!

Over to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, to use our last prebooked FP. Standby line was only 15 minutes (and that was with it running at half capacity), but we basically didn’t break our stride until we boarded the train!

K7TThWV.jpg
AQmlYpR.jpg

Another one where I prefer DLR. WDW is much jerkier. And DLR has the cool lighting effects for the explosion at the end. That's not to say I didn't like BTMR at MK, I just have to give the edge to DLR!

While we were waiting to board our wild ride, I was able to grab us a Pirates FP for immediate usage (I used the disboards tips, and first grabbed one that was 60 minutes later, then was able to change to 30 minutes, then was able to change to immediate). :cheer2:

DtDzpA6.jpg
Wsdhjnp.jpg

Yeah, that photo looks weird! I didn’t know exactly where it was and my sister didn’t know there was a photo at all! (I think we were also in the middle of saying something to each other too.) Though I think every ride photo I've seen from Pirates looks awkward! I guess I prefer DLR vs WDW as DLR has the 2 drops and more scenes, but I did like the skull rock formation and mermaid skeleton at WDW.

This ended up being our only time riding Pirates, and I'm really glad we did, as it will be closed during my March trip for the auction changeover scene. So, I'm going to voice an unpopular opinion-I actually don't mind the switch :scratchin! I never quite was in love with the auction of women, though I knew it fit with the overall ride. But I'm all for the redhead as a pirate! It'll be interesting to see how it all comes out, as well as when DLR also gets the change (refurb hasn't been scheduled yet, though I know my co-worker who does Disney work has been doing a lot of visits to Pirates recently (when ride is off and lights are on), so maybe it could happen early next year?). :confused3

Again, once we scanned in at Pirates I was able to grab us an immediate Jungle Cruise FP. There was maybe a 10-minute wait in standby but we walked right on. And it was funny, Lauren wasn't paying attention every time I booked us another FP, so she would start walking to standby and I would have to call her over to the FP queue! :bitelip:

UdTiXaW.jpg

Had a cute skipper, and some jokes were different than DLR which was nice. It’s weird though that they don’t talk at all when they are inside the temple, or explain that they aren’t going to talk! It’s not really my favorite ride, so I usually only go on if someone else wants to. But it was a good thing we did, as it ended up being closed due to hurricane damage for the rest of our trip!

Next, Magic Carpets, another walk-on where they also let people who wanted to ride a second time stay on! My sister controlled height and I did tilt. Of course she accidentally steered us right into the camel spray everytime! But we both really liked this ride, simple but sweet!

0s1Sbup.jpg
5EC5HaH.jpg
DCcsm9h.jpg

While my sister stopped in the bathroom I was able to grab us another 7DMT FP for after dinner! :cool1:

So... since arriving in Magic Kingdom we had done Teacups, 7DMT, Small World, BTMR, Pirates of the Carribean, Jungle Cruise, and Magic Carpets. Anyone willing to guess what time it was now?

4:30! Yup, we did all of that in 2 hrs:eek:! And it would continue to get less and less crowded as the night went on! ;)

Cont..Where to next?
Loving your trip report. It looks like so much fun. Sorry if this is a duplicate question but what is a talking Mickey Fast Pass?

Cute dresses.Love Love Love your bag is that Mrs. Pots?

I loved mobile ordering.

CREEPY

I know you weren't thrilled with this m&g but your smile is awesome here.

It was Chip! There was a chip in the actual purse, plus a drawstring closure. It's a cute bag-not the biggest, but still cute. I got it at Vault 28 (the old Disney Dress shop at DTD). Here is what it looks like:
IMG_1055_1024x1024.JPG

Thanks! I always feel I have weird smiles when I'm trying to interact with characters. I never know whether to laugh or talk normal or what and I have Resting Sad Face (not B*** face), so I always try to smile more!

And the Gaston wasn't bad, just wasn't as amazing as I think it could have been if Belle came out too!

Cute costumes!

What a bummer that Belle didn't come out after you waited all that time! I'm sorry the interaction with Gaston wasn't that exciting.

Sounds like things just weren't going right for you! Hopefully things turn around! Glad you got to see the Hocus Pocus show, it's so cool!
You know, it just felt weird that night. Like I had this plan to do everything, but it sort of fell apart. Partially because we had already done a lot of the things, so there were these big gaps where I was like-what do we do? And then the sore feet, plus the dresses, which were cute, but not very practical for the humid Florida weather!

Loving your trip report. It looks like so much fun. Sorry if this is a duplicate question but what is a talking Mickey Fast Pass?
The Mickey that meets at Magic Kingdom now talks. I think it is mainly prerecorded phrases, but it looked cool. So we had a Fastpass to meet him and skip the long line. We never did end up going back to meet him (long lines and never bothered for another FP).

They've been testing talking characters out at DL too; I know some vloggers got video with a Talking Mickey, Minnie, and Donald, who all met as a group, which would be sooo cool!

It was Chip! There was a chip in the actual purse, plus a drawstring closure. It's a cute bag-not the biggest, but still cute. I got it at Vault 28 (the old Disney Dress shop at DTD). Here is what it looks like:
IMG_1055_1024x1024.JPG

Thanks! I always feel I have weird smiles when I'm trying to interact with characters. I never know whether to laugh or talk normal or what and I have Resting Sad Face (not B*** face), so I always try to smile more!

And the Gaston wasn't bad, just wasn't as amazing as I think it could have been if Belle came out too!

You know, it just felt weird that night. Like I had this plan to do everything, but it sort of fell apart. Partially because we had already done a lot of the things, so there were these big gaps where I was like-what do we do? And then the sore feet, plus the dresses, which were cute, but not very practical for the humid Florida weather!

The Mickey that meets at Magic Kingdom now talks. I think it is mainly prerecorded phrases, but it looked cool. So we had a Fastpass to meet him and skip the long line. We never did end up going back to meet him (long lines and never bothered for another FP).

They've been testing talking characters out at DL too; I know some vloggers got video with a Talking Mickey, Minnie, and Donald, who all met as a group, which would be sooo cool!
Thanks

Day 5, Part 8 - Dessert Party and Boo to You Parade

After Hocus Pocus we made our way up to Tomorrowland Terrace where we were shown the plaza viewing buffet area. There were a total of 2 people there! Plus one CM working the sundae station who was just sort of standing there. There was also no music piped in, so everyone could hear everything else people said…led to a bit of awkwardness.

LQS17bq.jpg

Some photos of the offerings:

Drinks (Sparkling cider, coffee/tea, a couple types of lemonade, milk, iced tea)

09auN4h.jpg
jDp2PIc.jpg
KdllKKK.jpg
M6eAOpJ.jpg

A station to decorate your own cupcake/cookie/sundae

vK8gulq.jpg

Fruit & Cheese platters

ERDfUTx.jpg

Desserts (my photo of the chocolate covered strawberries was too blurry to share)

3b2helE.jpg
vfOJv0P.jpg
N2XZH8r.jpg
uPGZaWd.jpg
FnmnDgv.jpg

My plate:

SrQbRLv.jpg

Thoughts-
Worms and dirt: fine, a bit dry though
Chocolate covered strawberries-good, but hard to go wrong there!
Boo S’mores: fine
Apple tart: good. The red part on top was some sort of mousse with a glaze. Not sure though!
Jack Skellington: good, probably similar to the Panna Cotta "pop" for sale.
Candy corn panne cotta: weird.
Villains cupcake: inedible. I almost spit it out! It was almost like eating straight dye!
Queen of hearts cupcake: I think I disliked the villains cupcake so much I couldn’t eat much of the red velvet one!
Didn't try the bark, but it looked like basic white chocolate and sprinklers.

Lauren had a plate with some strawberries, cheese and fruit (so I didn't bother with a photo)...

After we both finished we sort of just sat there for a moment, a bit uncomfortable, both because of the silence and our polyester dresses + heat/humidity. Those costumes were cute but a mistake for Florida! The CM did take a nice photo of us though:

YQSzU0o.jpg

So, this party really felt like a big bust. I definitely paid a lot of money for it, and it was completely unnecessary as there were so few people at the party that night we could have easily gotten a good fireworks view. The desserts were meh, and I would have preferred trying some more of the party exclusive treats (like the pumpkin waffles).

We realized the Boo to You Parade was about to start so we decided to head out to the viewing area to watch it (when we were leaving a couple of other people showed up for the dessert party). The view was decent enough, but I realized later we could have just walked to the curb area… oh well!

acctIRu.jpg

We were also the only ones in the plaza (soon after joined by a mom and 2 kids but they were actually part of the terrace viewing for the fireworks).

ZJI9Gmr.jpg

We just missed the Headless Horseman as we caught a glimpse of him going down Main Street as we walked into the plaza.

Loved the Boo to You Parade though! I still get the song stuck in my head occasionally! For the entire Halloween season though I would sometimes just start singing it to annoy Lauren-she was not amused! (Sorry for poor quality of my photos; it’s hard to get good moving evening ones on my iphone-I'm hoping to get an upgrade before the March trip, but am having issues with work agreeing to it!)

qgKTVry.jpg
Rk1AVYO.jpg
USrUokm.jpg
1XmMjVP.jpg
IEHVpTA.jpg
Ycaz9q1.jpg
tRa9G6V.jpg
kT3x2Kp.jpg
c4mZzEm.jpg
z5FgKdp.jpg
F2g1lfG.jpg
eFtdnZT.jpg

My sister loves Clarabelle so was happy to see her get a float! And I think the Wreck-it-Ralph unit was my favorite!

Some thoughts comparing to the the Frightfully Fun Parade at Mickey's Halloween Party in Disneyland: the FFP has less floats but they are more detailed and better quality. The BtY parade definitely is longer and can be pretty fun. So, right now in my head they are a tie, but I think if FFP gets another float unit or 2 it would definitely be my favorite. Lauren definitely prefers FFP though, because she's a villain girl!

Reactions: DLo
Day 5, Part 9 - Fireworks and leaving the party early

After the parade passed I checked and saw we still had some time before the fireworks. That’s when I realized the 8:30 time was so wrong for the desserts! Really it wasn’t until 9:15 (1 hr before fireworks at 10:15), which explains why it was so empty when we got there early!

Anyways, we had about 30 minutes before the fireworks. We considered going back to get more desserts but neither of us were hungry. And we considered going on a ride, but we didn’t want to get stuck and miss the fireworks. So…we decided just to chill in the Plaza! Yup, we paid all that extra for the Halloween party and spent some considerable time just sitting (well, I was actually laying down on the grass)…

zTRhqKK.jpg

But I think you can see how tired we were and uncomfortable from Lauren's face…

This was about as full as the plaza ever got that evening

lKClmxx.jpg

We ended up watching the fireworks while sitting against the back railing, which was actually very nice. I liked the fireworks while watching them, but wasn’t blown away as I don’t remember anything specific…

uJkCNLO.jpg

Comparison to DLR's Halloween Screams: There really isn't much comparison. Halloween Screams is awesome! There is a flying Zero and lots of great projections. And fire and other effects. Hallowishes was fine, just not as memorable as Screams.

Anyways, continuing on with the night. After Hallowishes we decided to watch the 2nd Hocus Pocus show from a different spot. We were able to find a spot in the Hub near the Partners statue behind a planter, so no one was standing in our way. It was farther back, but we had a better view! And loved the second show just as much as the first (but I realized I never took any photos from there)!

We were both just so beat at that point we decided to call it a night (it was about 11 and the party ended at 12). Made our way down Main Street but first stopped to get some merchandise (Pin and ornament). The second parade was getting ready to start so we caught a glimpse of the Headless Horseman and the Zootopia Party Patrol. Don't know why we didn't just stop to watch it, but considering we would have been at the very end, it would have taken a while to arrive at our location.

We then stopped at the front area for one last phootpass shoot.

aplxJCT.jpg
Pk4ADMf.jpg

My thoughts on the party-it could be a very fun night, but I think we just made several mistakes. First-momentum killers (the mid-day heading back to the resort, wait for Gaston, dessert party). Second-costumes, not good in Florida heat! I think our original plan of nothing that morning and then party evening would have been much better, but the hurricane threw that all up in the air! If I’m ever back at WDW during Halloween season I probably will have a redo, but we’ll have to see when that happens!

Oh, and our night was not over yet! As we were walking back to the bus stops, the POFQ stall is at the end of an aisle and POR stall is at beginning. We saw POR was loading at that time, so Lauren decided-hey, lets just go on POR instead of having to possibly wait 20 minutes for a POFQ bus. I think I knew in my head that wasn’t the best idea, but I was too tired to realize! Well, we hopped on the bus, and didn’t realize the South Depot (ie main building, closest to POFQ) was the final stop, so first we had to stay on bus until it went all the way around Riverside and everyone else got off. When we got off the last Disney Springs bus had already passed, so there was no more internal bus between Riverside and FQ, so that meant we would have to walk. I wasn’t looking forward to that because of my feet, but just sighed and kept going. Thankfully a CM with a golf cart quickly saw us and offered us a ride back to FQ, where he delivered us right to the curb in front of the stairs leading to our room! We were definitely appreciative of him that late at night!

We quicky went to bed (I think we both took a quick shower first though to wipe away the sweat and theme park grime). I knew we didn’t have anything super early planned for the morning, but still set our alarms to see what time we could get going….

End of day stats:

Health data:
Walked: 20,065 steps (8.4 miles)
Flights climbed: 9 floors

Attraction count:
Space Mountain - 1
Carousel of Progress - 1
Philharmagic - 1
Country Bear Jamboree - 1
7DMT - 1
Peter Pan Flight - 1
Enchanted Tales with Belle - 1
Haunted Mansion - 1
Magic Carpets - 1
The Muppets Present.. - 1
Festival of Fantasy Parade - 1
Boo to You Parade - 1
Hallowishes - 1
Hocus Pocus Villain Spectacular - 2

Characters: Pooh x2, Tigger x2, Eeyore, Gaston (4)
Magic Shots: Headless Horseman, Ghost hearst (2)
*I missed 2 Magic Shots I wanted (Main street ghost dancers and the poison apple), as well as the skeleton backdrop and HM lantern:worried:

Cont...Day 6

Drinks (Sparkling cider, coffee/tea, a couple types of lemonade, milk, iced tea)
I wish they would start serving Champagne now that Magic Kingdom is no longer dry. Maybe limit it to one or two glasses per person or something....

hat’s when I realized the 8:30 time was so wrong for the desserts! Really it wasn’t until 9:15 (1 hr before fireworks at 10:15), which explains why it was so empty when we got there early!
I am surprised they let you in that early!

This was about as full as the plaza ever got that evening
lKClmxx.jpg
Do you think it was so empty because everyone cancelled there trips? Probably huh?

Do you think they would have let you take some treats with you to eat while you waited out on the grass?

Thankfully a CM with a golf cart quickly saw us and offered us a ride back to FQ, where he delivered us right to the curb in front of the stairs leading to our room! We were definitely appreciative of him that late at night!
A little Disney magic with that CM! From what I hear, it is walkable between the two but it is kind of long.

I wish they would start serving Champagne now that Magic Kingdom is no longer dry. Maybe limit it to one or two glasses per person or something....

I am surprised they let you in that early!

Do you think it was so empty because everyone cancelled there trips? Probably huh?

Do you think they would have let you take some treats with you to eat while you waited out on the grass?

A little Disney magic with that CM! From what I hear, it is walkable between the two but it is kind of long.
I'm sure my sister would have loved the champagne! I wish they also had soda or something-I think I stuck to water, but I may have had some lemonade.

And we were actually told to get there that early by the CM giving out wristbands. They were all set up and everything! I think the party was empty because people cancelled their trips. And, it was already going to be a low attendance party (Tuesday in mid-September). The dessert viewing was extra empty because they originally only had the terrace viewing, but then added the garden plaza about a week before the first party. So most people who wanted to do it just did the terrace part and didn't realize they could save $20 each with the plaza...
They probably would have let us take treats, but neither of us wanted to go back to pick them up!

It is definitely walkable (we had done it the day before when we went up for lunch), but just that late at night, it would have been dark and alone. By the time we got back to our room, I saw 2 other girls walking in with Halloween party bags, so if we had just waited for the next bus we probably would have gotten there at the same time!

Wow, sounds like the party was kind of a dud for you, I'm so sorry. Your costumes were adorable, though. We had the dessert party booked and then we cancelled because we didn't want to waste party time. Now I'm especially glad that we cancelled.

Live and learn :-)

It is definitely walkable (we had done it the day before when we went up for lunch)
How long would you say the walk is? We will be at POFQ in Feb. And I am sure the girls will like to try out both pools, if it isn't to much of a walk. I think it's ok to swim at either pool if you are staying at one of the 2 resorts....

Wow, sounds like the party was kind of a dud for you, I'm so sorry. Your costumes were adorable, though. We had the dessert party booked and then we cancelled because we didn't want to waste party time. Now I'm especially glad that we cancelled.

Live and learn :-)
It was just sort of weird for us that whole day. We got up too early, it was pretty hot and humid, bad shoes, feeling like I was not taking advantage of low wait times (7DMT had 10 minute waits all night, but I just couldn't bring myself to walk over there) etc. I would always encourage people to do MNSSHP though, and would probably do it again if I was visiting at that time of year. I think if we had just kept on the Pooh Disneybounding outfits, or even our Star Wars outfits we wore on Day 10, we would have had a better time!
How long would you say the walk is? We will be at POFQ in Feb. And I am sure the girls will like to try out both pools, if it isn't to much of a walk. I think it's ok to swim at either pool if you are staying at one of the 2 resorts....
It's about 10-15 minutes, not bad at all (based on my time stamped photos we were just leaving FQ at 12:02 and got to the main POR building at 12:10 and we were strolling, not Disney-walking :P). And the path is along the river so it's a nice atmosphere during the day. And yeah, you can go to POR or POFQ pools. POR is shadier and more rural-like, while POFQ is more in the sun and has the cartoonish alligators, so they will probably like to try both! There are quiet pools around the POR resort, but I think the main pool looks like more fun for kids! Also, the hot tub at POR is right next to the pool so you could be sitting in it and still see kids in the pool alright. The hot tub at POFQ is behind the pool bar and bushes and outside the pool fence, so you can't really see the pool area at all.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter