"We've gone too far"-A sister trip with surprise guest Irma! Sept 2017 - Completed 4/16

Day 9, Part 9 Goodbye to MK!

So, to give you a timeline of the entertainment that evening: HEA: 9-9:20ish, 9:45: Once Upon A Time, Park closing 11pm.

We wanted to try and get in one last showing of Monsters Laugh Floor, but that show stopped at 10pm, and we were all the way on the other side of the Hub, so needed to get over there, catch a show, then get out in time for OUAT. Thankfully, there was a woman who just knew how to zip through crowds, and she was being followed closely by her boyfriend. I realized they were heading to Tomorrowland too, so I decided to just continue following him, with Lauren behind me (other people probably thought we were all a group). This lady knew how to move! And we were making great time, until someone accidentally cut me off and I lost the pace and she got too far ahead. Lauren and I made it to Monsters, but just missed a show, which meant the next show wouldn’t let out until after OUAT. We ended up splitting up, with Lauren doing Monsters (which she said was hilarious, though she wasn’t on video), and I went to the plaza garden (which was no longer reserved) to watch the projections.

I really loved that projection show. Very well done and good use of technology! I also had a great view! Lauren actually caught the last few minutes of it after Monsters

luLenAm.jpg
ntkSK5p.jpg
aUSww42.jpg
0tQ2d2j.jpg

We then decided to use our multi-experience FP (left over from BTMR) to ride Space Mountain again (unfortunately split into different rockets, which really annoys me that they do; like if you are a group of 2, put them in the back 2 seats of a rocket, or the front 2 seats!).

WUQcHLM.jpg
gfb7P7w.jpg

After that ride, Lauren and I both vowed to never ride again! It really felt like the rocket was going to fly off the tracks. I was honestly thinking, well I hope one of my PP photos turned out well because that is what they will use on the news story! I think it needs a refurb badly to replace the track with something smoother (for Disneyland they actually closed Space for 2 years before the 50th anniversary).

For our final ride of the night, and our final ride at Magic Kingdom, we decided on the Peoplemover. Really liked that relaxing moment at the end of the night!

DXctfYR.jpg
l6BCQ30.jpg

And another stop at a PP!
JyZJ9PG.jpg

On our way out, we grabbed some photos of the pumpkin scarecrows, which I thought were pretty cool!

EDbWcAS.jpg
qhEYxPo.jpg
XOrG4hE.jpg
vP72CLE.jpg
GP1PRKB.jpg
l6t2C4G.jpg
QmA9GJy.jpg
sHGKglK.jpg

Lauren also took a photo of me in front of the fire station

j3uPpgc.jpg
ZrJEKRu.jpg

And for some reason, they played the Kiss Goodnight at 10:45, even though the park didn’t actually close until 11. I thought that was weird! I thought it only played after park close!

On our way to the bus we saw the very crowded boats to the TTC. Everytime we saw those, it felt like the scene from War of the Worlds (Tom Cruise) where they try to evacuate!

FhjAg2t.jpg

We got back to the resort and tried to pack a little bit before falling into bed! We still had another 1.5 days of Disney magic!

End of day Stats:

Health data (via app on my phone, not Fitbit):
Walked: 27,271 steps (10 miles)
Flights climbed: 3 floors

Attraction count: 11
Flight of Passage
Expedition Everest
Finding Nemo-The Musical
Frozen Ever After
Mad Tea Party
Enchanted Tiki Room
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Disneyworld Railroad
Monsters Inc Laugh Floor (Lauren)
Once Upon a Time (Lesley)
Space Mountain
Peoplemover

Characters: Starlord/Groot, Merida, The Beast (4)
Magic Shots: Tink flying, Stitch, Pascal, Chip, Sebastian, Lumiere (6)

OMG so excited to reply to something you posted less than six months ago!!! :rolleyes: Thank you for not minding though. :goodvibes

^^^LOVE^^ And she's making it look natural! Wish I was brave enough to do this - I think the Beast is the only character I've met as an adult, and I was like um...hi...

GREAT photo. I'm glad you waited the 20 minutes to meet him. Especially since you were Belles for the Halloween party!

and was actually getting annoyed at my sister for not being as annoyed as myself (yeah doesn’t make sense)!
Actually this makes a TON of sense to me! My sister and I are going on a trip together next month and I fully expect almost the exact same scenario to go down! I can't wait :hyper:!
Btw good for you for not snapping at her! :littleangel: Keepin it classy!

I think it needs a refurb badly to replace the track with something smoother (for Disneyland they actually closed Space for 2 years before the 50th anniversary).
I could not agree more. We thought it was jerky and had a bit of a headache after we did it one morning. It's hard to completely skip it (nostalgia, such a pest), but we'll only ride at night. I want to do the Disneyland Hyperspace version SO BAD.

Sorry to hear your BoG experience wasn't all that up to snuff. It really is kinda overhyped and you really got to set aside a lot of time because it generally is a bit of a wait to get in. It also sounds like a lot of the stuff I liked at BoG got moved to lunch rather than stay at dinner. Guess lunch sounds like the best option now since breakfast is pretty much panned by everyone. Love your Beast photo btw!

Wow, you really were trying to do the impossible after BoG! Sorry you missed going on Monsters one last time. Looks like you really had a lovely viewing of OUAT. And I really must be a WDW native/Matterhorn stan to not ever have weird feelings about MK's Space Mountain. As much as it'd be nice to maybe make the track less jerky, they could not pull out a refurb on that ride like that, it's way too popular and many come to MK just for SM so I doubt a two year refurb would happen.

Omg the pics of the Halloween decor and Scarecrows are making me so emo. I miss MK at Halloweentime *sobs* Then the Kiss Goodnight. Bless you for catching it but *SOBS*

Looking forward to hearing about your last 1.5 days! :mickeyjum

This lady knew how to move!

omg that is great!

we were making great time, until someone accidentally cut me off and I lost the pace and she got too far ahead

WHAT?! NOO!

but just missed a show, which meant the next show wouldn’t let out until after OUAT.

Total bummer... you were sooooo close

After that ride, Lauren and I both vowed to never ride again! It really felt like the rocket was going to fly off the tracks. I was honestly thinking, well I hope one of my PP photos turned out well because that is what they will use on the news story!

WOW! This is both scary yet now slightly funny since you were able to live to tell about it! My Mom loves to tell the story that during one of her first visits to MK (early 80s...) she rode Space Mtn which apparently had seat belts at the time and hers broke and she was convinced she was going to die! Now my Moms memory gets fuzzy sometimes this could have been a completely different ride, I dont even know if its true SM ever had seat belts or when it opened...

I'm sorry it was such a disappointing experience at BOG! That's crazy that you had to wait to so long to be seated. Bummer that you missed HEA :(

Great view of OUAT!

People Mover is a great choice for a final ride!

Well…turns out BoG was far behind, so there was a huge line just to check in!
Why do I feel like is the norm anymore!? The first time we went things ran perfectly smoothly but the last few times it has been so obscenely behind it isn't even funny :(

We ended up walking out of the restaurant just as HEA started, so I knew we would be missing most of it.
That is SO annoying, especially when you planned for enough time!!! That happened to my Mom and I on a Christmas party night in 2015. I had left us plenty of time to eat before the fireworks and we missed the entire thing.....we could hear the booming while we were still waiting for our food to come :(

We still had another 1.5 days of Disney magic!
Oh, good! I was disappointed we were coming to an end!

OMG so excited to reply to something you posted less than six months ago!!! :rolleyes: Thank you for not minding though. :goodvibes
haha, of course! There are so many times I'm reading an older trip report and I so badly want to comment on something, but feel its too late!

^^^LOVE^^ And she's making it look natural! Wish I was brave enough to do this - I think the Beast is the only character I've met as an adult, and I was like um...hi...
Yeah, it turned out well! I think he may have twirled me, but I can't quite remember!

GREAT photo. I'm glad you waited the 20 minutes to meet him. Especially since you were Belles for the Halloween party!
I know! It would have been awesome to take a photo in those dresses!

Actually this makes a TON of sense to me! My sister and I are going on a trip together next month and I fully expect almost the exact same scenario to go down! I can't wait :hyper:!
Btw good for you for not snapping at her! :littleangel: Keepin it classy!
Phew! I'm glad my craziness makes sense to someone! I was glad for her company during the trip, but there were definitely times when she was like, "I don't know...", so I wouldn't know what to do. Well, I did know what I wanted to do, but I wasn't sure if she wanted to do it, so I didn't want to seem like a micro-manager!

I could not agree more. We thought it was jerky and had a bit of a headache after we did it one morning. It's hard to completely skip it (nostalgia, such a pest), but we'll only ride at night. I want to do the Disneyland Hyperspace version SO BAD.
I ended up riding it again in March, and we went to the left side (both times in September we rode the right side). It felt much better (still pretty crazy, but better)! And I love hyperspace mountain! I like to sit in the front row and make "pew pew" sounds when fighting! I can't wait for it to be back this summer!

Sorry to hear your BoG experience wasn't all that up to snuff. It really is kinda overhyped and you really got to set aside a lot of time because it generally is a bit of a wait to get in. It also sounds like a lot of the stuff I liked at BoG got moved to lunch rather than stay at dinner. Guess lunch sounds like the best option now since breakfast is pretty much panned by everyone. Love your Beast photo btw!
Yeah, I read a bunch of blogs and they seemed split-half thought it was the best non-signature restaurant, half thought it wasn't so good. I was really hoping to like it more.

Wow, you really were trying to do the impossible after BoG! Sorry you missed going on Monsters one last time. Looks like you really had a lovely viewing of OUAT. And I really must be a WDW native/Matterhorn stan to not ever have weird feelings about MK's Space Mountain. As much as it'd be nice to maybe make the track less jerky, they could not pull out a refurb on that ride like that, it's way too popular and many come to MK just for SM so I doubt a two year refurb would happen.
Oh, no one ever thought they'd do it to our Space either! It honestly happened pretty quickly. After the "redesign" was finished they realized with the construction schedule, they needed to close it down ASAP to get it finished in time for the 50th, so even some CMs showed up one day to find it closed! (That was also prior to the social media explosion, so not a lot of people knew at all.)

Total bummer... you were sooooo close
I know! If we had gone the Tomorrowland route from BoG we totally would have made it. Lauren ended up getting out of the show and catching the last little bit of OUAT, but I knew I really wanted to see the show, so decided not to chance it, no matter how much I love Monsters Laugh Floor!

WOW! This is both scary yet now slightly funny since you were able to live to tell about it! My Mom loves to tell the story that during one of her first visits to MK (early 80s...) she rode Space Mtn which apparently had seat belts at the time and hers broke and she was convinced she was going to die! Now my Moms memory gets fuzzy sometimes this could have been a completely different ride, I dont even know if its true SM ever had seat belts or when it opened...
I know, it's a very weird thought to have! I mean, I swear I literally felt the coaster separate from the track, and because it's in the dark, it makes it even worse. The Matterhorn is pretty rough too, but because you can see what is happening, it isn't so bad. That one has seatbelts though.

I'm sorry it was such a disappointing experience at BOG! That's crazy that you had to wait to so long to be seated. Bummer that you missed HEA :(
Yeah, I was so annoyed! When I originally was booking ADRs, I could have made an earlier one (at like 5pm), but thought we should do a proper dinner time. Now I learnt that mistake, so if I have evening plans, I prefer earlier dinners to have less of a wait!

Why do I feel like is the norm anymore!? The first time we went things ran perfectly smoothly but the last few times it has been so obscenely behind it isn't even funny :(
I wonder if anything will ever change even with the switch to a signature dining experience. Maybe after SWGE and the new Space restaurant at Epcot open, BoG won't be as crazy in demand? Though that is doubtful.

That is SO annoying, especially when you planned for enough time!!! That happened to my Mom and I on a Christmas party night in 2015. I had left us plenty of time to eat before the fireworks and we missed the entire thing.....we could hear the booming while we were still waiting for our food to come
I know! See, this is why I love Trip Reports. I can vent to people who totally understand!

Oh, good! I was disappointed we were coming to an end!
Aww, that's so sweet! I'm honestly so happy people like reading about my crazy trip, since I like reliving it!

Meanwhile, plenty of groups of 4 or more were seated almost immediately :(! It seems they just didn’t have enough 2-person tables

I hate that, sometimes it seems like there's isn't very many 2 person tables. For instance there's always less ADRs open for just 2.

I think I just had rolls (do they bring out rolls for BoG dinner? I don't have any photos!)

Yes they do! They look like the ones I got at the Brown Derby.

I was very disappointed in my steak. Even though the flavors were there, it was so tough! I really had to saw at it with my knife just to cut off a piece!

I found their steak disappointing too. Mine was really salty and so were the fries.

I was a bit bummed out that they didn’t do the brownie version, as I didn’t love the white chocolate mousse option. I preferred the cupcake from lunch!

White chocolate mousse doesn't sound good to me either :crazy2:

Once we were done eating I sent Lauren over to get in line for the Beast, while I paid the bill. It ended up being a pretty long line (and was confusingly set up, as some part of the line was with the suits of armor and some parts were in the library, but the CM was trying to make the whole line in the library. It also ended up being such a long wait! Probably close to 20 minutes! Which was again so frustrating, as I knew HEA was starting soon!

That's crazy! Usually the meet for the Beast is better organized than that.

Sorry about your dinner at BoG! I do think it's something people should do on their first trip just to see it at least. We had a decent meal there on our first trip, but since going back have only had really disappointing food. I'm curious what it'll be like as a signature dining experience, and I hope they improve the food for that.

Day 10, Part 1 Brunch with Afritude!

This morning we got to sleep in a bit longer than normal, as we didn’t plan on doing the parks in the morning. If you read my PTR, you would remember this schedule was actually supposed to be a partial “rest” day and occur on Friday, with us hitting Universal on Sunday. But then I realized that was the first weekend of Halloween Horror Nights, so the studios would be closing early. I was able to adjust our schedule so our “rest” day ended up becoming our last full WDW day.
giphy.gif

First, woke up and admired the Pinocchio evacuation signage (Lauren rolled her eyes hardcore)
giphy.gif

YTOrDKk.jpg

And checked our door handle, for the dreaded sight every WDW vacationer knows too well…

rvxrjGk.jpg

We then called an Uber, which arrived very quickly, and headed over out to breakfast at …

IreSTga.jpg

Animal Kingdom Lodge! I had heard Boma was the best breakfast buffet at WDW, so decided to give it a try. I also really wanted to check out AKL.

It did not disappoint, and I loved it all, so much so that I booked it for my March trip!

QMbVqQx.jpg

There was a bit of a wait for Boma, so after checking in, we walked around outside the pool. There was some scaffolding up near Jiko; in March I found out from a Jiko chef that a tree had fallen over and against one of the guest room windows; luckily it didn't break the glass!

cgH8VwW.jpg
UHcqAyc.jpg
sNlT7pf.jpg

It was definitely busy at Boma that morning, but we were seated within about 5 minutes of our ADR (we had arrived around 9:40 for a 10am reservation). There ended up being so many people, at one point the line extended all the way to our table!

We ended up getting seated close to the buffet line, which was nice. I really liked the look of the unique larger tables, but I don’t know how practical they would end up if I actually sat at one!

Jd7V3CH.jpg
aYo9si6.jpg
xnoClqZ.jpg
UNXYONJ.jpg
HEy3U5T.jpg

Checking out the food available:

Oak-Grilled asparagus and Oak-grilled tomatoes (I loved how you could actually see them grilling them on the flame behind)
XwfUfaq.jpg
UTO26XH.jpg

Turkey Bobotie, Chakalaka, Pap
2nuTFlL.jpg

African-spiced corned beef hash, oven-roasted turkey, Ham w/Boma mustard and Sambal
SasmH0o.jpg
4TznILu.jpg

Oatmeal, Quinoa fresh crop, Fried Quinoa
wZHw0sM.jpg
kVUeEnU.jpg

Bacon, Pork Sausages, Potatoes with Afritude, Western African Sweet Plantains
0OJjowf.jpg
Z9i0mqg.jpg

Scrambled Eggs (regular and with Spinach and goat cheese), Biscuits and gravy
eOpiNAe.jpg
deilAEX.jpg
9Zy1pD1.jpg

Waffles (mickey and simba shaped), pancakes (regular and M&M)
DveKcua.jpg
1ADM7a2.jpg

Omelets made to order, Hard boiled eggs, African fruit food salad, Spinach & Quinoa salad, Avocado, papaya and grapefruit salad
eGzXQ4J.jpg
GCqaqDA.jpg

Assorted fruits & applesauce, Banana yogurt, greek yogurt, assorted yogurt toppings, cottage cheese
6IUDq7Q.jpg

Smoked salmon, capers, egg whites, egg yolks, cheeses, charcuiterie
Vh8JlfQ.jpg

Cont due to picture limit...

Day 10, Part 2

Continuing with a tour of the buffet,

Krispy kreme, Sticky buns, apple pockets, French toast bread pudding, pecan praline sauce
ibtKoV7.jpg
597GhpT.jpg

Pastries (chocolate chip muffin, Guava turnover, blueberry muffin, orange, cranberry, and walnut muffins, seasonal scones banana bread) (plus bagels, croissants, bread and a toaster)
QXn1tol.jpg
MNVchDF.jpg

My Plate #1, plus baked goods plate.

1NPJZSZ.jpg

Plate/bowl #2

WGecoWR.jpg

I stuck with water to drink, but I think Lauren got some sort of tea.

I loved the turkey and banana bread the most. Bread pudding was also good (better than the one at Sunshine Seasons in Epcot), though I think there was raisins in it (which I don’t like), so I had to pick around those. I thought I’d like the pap more, but wasn’t a fan-too plain for me, since I didn’t like the sauces! I liked this buffet and would absolutely consider doing it again (which I did in March). Like Tusker House, I think it has a great balance of African foods and "normal" foods for pickier eaters. And it was very well priced, $25 per person, plus a 10% AP discount.

Once we were done, we made a quick stop at the Mara, first to check it out, and second to pick up some Zebra Domes to go (though that would end up not being a good idea…)

8FXFKQg.jpg

*Note: I took a lot of photos here, walking around the resort, because I didn’t ever consider I would be staying there only a few months later! So I’m limiting the photos in this post, and moving them to my March TR!

We also went out to the observation area, but I think that savanna was closed for cleaning, as we didn’t see any animals! :sad:

2n3kj0a.jpg

We wandered around the lobby a bit, before heading out to the bus stop, and onto our next destination.

Cont...

Oh no, last full day! Such a sad day, but considering where this TR began, I guess we're in a good spot then.

That's crazy about the tree almost falling into a guest's room. I wonder if they heard it or not. I've had a tree fall onto my house before and it is a TERRIFYING sound. Yikes Irma.

Mmmmm Boma looks so nice and sounds so good! Lol "Afritude", cute. I definitely need to get over here since everyone likes it so much and $25 is not bad at all.

Can't wait to hear about what other plans you had for your slow day! :mickeyjum

I like the Pinocchio evacuation route sign and the fact that you took a picture of it - a quintessential Disney detail! And I zoomed in on it hahaha!

WOW to the Boma brunch. I'm a kinda-picky eater, and it ALL looks good to me, from the asparagus to the Krispy Kremes! $25? Nice!

Wow, Boma has a lot of options! Glad it was a good pick for breakfast!

Oh no I'm scared to find out what happened to the zebra domes :(

We never venture to the resorts much for ADRs but this sure sounds like a great one! My husband loves Tusker House, so I bet this would be at the top of his list for our next trip. Sad that the savannah area was closed, but everything looks incredible there!

Oh no, last full day! Such a sad day, but considering where this TR began, I guess we're in a good spot then.

That's crazy about the tree almost falling into a guest's room. I wonder if they heard it or not. I've had a tree fall onto my house before and it is a TERRIFYING sound. Yikes Irma.

Mmmmm Boma looks so nice and sounds so good! Lol "Afritude", cute. I definitely need to get over here since everyone likes it so much and $25 is not bad at all.

Can't wait to hear about what other plans you had for your slow day! :mickeyjum
Oh I'm sure they heard it! We could barely sleep with the wind rattling our room door! I know disneytouristblog was visiting and he and his wife freaked out a bit and were considering putting a mattress against the balcony windows... that's a bit of an overreaction, but I guess they just didn't know what to expect!

Oh, and my version of a slow day is probably so much crazier than a normal person's version!

I like the Pinocchio evacuation route sign and the fact that you took a picture of it - a quintessential Disney detail! And I zoomed in on it hahaha!

WOW to the Boma brunch. I'm a kinda-picky eater, and it ALL looks good to me, from the asparagus to the Krispy Kremes! $25? Nice!
Yeah, I'm totally a picky eater, but thats what I love about Disney-gives you options to try as well as the basic staples! And it's good to find another person who appreciates the Disney detail, all the way to the safety signs!

Wow, Boma has a lot of options! Glad it was a good pick for breakfast!

Oh no I'm scared to find out what happened to the zebra domes :(
Definitely lots of options! And the zebra domes... well, lets just say they are refrigerated for a reason!

We never venture to the resorts much for ADRs but this sure sounds like a great one! My husband loves Tusker House, so I bet this would be at the top of his list for our next trip. Sad that the savannah area was closed, but everything looks incredible there!
Oh, you would absolutely love it! It could be a good late breakfast-go to AK at rope drop, then head over to AKL for brunch and a bit of a break. I am looking forward to trying their dinner brunch in December, because I've heard its similar, but better, than Tusker House.

Day 10, Part 3 "They have a narwhal!"

What's next for our "slower" morning? Well, Disney Springs of course! We had visited briefly our first night, but most stores closed before we got a chance to explore.

We got a bus from AKL, and luckily they were boarding right then, but it was pretty fully and we had to stand. We were able to find seats after some people got off at Kidani Village, but almost immediately gave them to a grandma and mom carrying small children; it wouldn't have been good karma to make them balance standing up while we were sitting down.

When we arrived at Disney Springs, I realized my big mistake about the Zebra Domes, which were more like Zebra mush…

09z9RFp.jpg
1GBBYf3.jpg

It was a bit too hot for me to try to stick them in a bag for later! I didn’t hate them but didn’t feel like I really got a chance to try them (only ended up eating one but it was all gloopy). I did give them another shot in March, but they ended up being a few days old at that point, so I think I really need to try them "fresher" direct from Boma.

Because it seems things were taking longer than expected, I was able to switch our first FP to later in the afternoon, otherwise we really wouldn't have had time to walk around the Springs.

The first store we stopped in was Alex & Ani. Lauren collects these, so I thought she’d be aching to stop there but she didn’t really care at first. She finally relented when I pointed out it was right next to the buses. As I was looking at some Star Wars bracelets (didn’t plan on getting any as I don’t wear much jewelry, just the occasional geeky necklace), I heard a gasp-“They have a narwhal!” I don’t know when or why, but my sister and her friends are obsessed with Narwhals! So of course, she had to get it. Then when at the counter she noticed they had a Merida one (she’s not so much a fan of the new princess designs with colors, but she never had a Merida one and that is one of her favorite princesses). And of course, she also noticed they had special monthly bracelets, including a turtle for September, which is our family’s "spirit animal" (it’s a long story), and her birth month, so of course she had to get that one too! So despite not caring to come in, she walked out with 3 bracelets (plus 2 other matching ones that came with the narwhal and September)! She was also able to use my AP discount, as the workers didn’t care that it was a different name on AP/Credit card!

Oh, and FYI-they do have the ability to pay with Magicband at the store, but it hadn't been set up that morning. We originally waited for it to start up, but it was taking so long and ended up crashing the system, so Lauren just paid with CC.

FDzHXiz.jpg
yOdfv78.jpg
fTL6O18.jpg

Ok, onto other things.

First, I love the shells in the pavement at DS! Very on theme

RvxcIpz.jpg

We briefly walked thru Uni-qlo but didn’t stop. After walking out, I realized more women’s clothes were probably on the top floor, but “we’ve gone too far already”, so we kept moving along!

RVanZo4.jpg

We made a stop in Amorette’s, where I admired the design and desserts. Ended up coming out with the chocolate cake boxed up (would end up having it for breakfast the next morning). I offered Lauren a wine slushie, but she didn’t feel like it. I also saw someone who got a combo of the two flavors which was very Instagram worthy, but I felt weird taking a photo!

iCUfbeA.jpg
Mjj2MtB.jpg
cRWUbmw.jpg
2Ixmoqz.jpg
vHia2y3.jpg
7bxXscs.jpg
DlAeXuC.jpg

*Some of the next photos were taken at home, as I forgot to take most merchandise pics, plus my hands were full…

Next up, World of Disney, which we did actually separate in, because Lauren wanted to get me something (I paid for the room entirely and did all of the planning). I ended up getting some presents for my friends kids (Max, Alice, and Maya). However, none of these kids are super into Disney (I need to work on that) and both moms dislike the Disney princess industry, so I had to adjust what I bought! I got Max and Alice each a Mickey toy playset to go with their Star Wars bubble wands (safari and villains-their mom liked that one). Then for Maya I got one of the baby Simba plushes (I got her Mickey bubble wand Disneyland later). All the kids ended up liking their presents, with Maya giving Simba a huge hug!

fOCG6Sg.jpg
7ezaUrb.jpg

And another mistake about Zebra Domes - for some reason I tried to keep them around for longer, and ended up putting them in the same bag from World of Disney... of course they continued to melt further and further so some leaked out and onto Simba and the toy boxes! I was able to wipe them off though...

Lauren ended up buying me a photo album, since I was taking so many photos! I ended up not being able to cull down my photo collection to just 200, so had to get a 2nd matching album later. But it was great to create a print-out memory (and I will probably try to print out parts of this TR to go in the back). So from now on I will always get a photo album to remember trips by!

dghO7NB.jpg

Lauren and I split up again, though I’m not sure where Lauren went. I made a pit stop in Basin, where I admired all the soaps and tried out the hand scrub. If it wasn’t such a big jar, I probably would have gotten the orange vanilla one! I also liked the Olaf soap sculpture!

ojiX7eM.jpg
kJ8C1IZ.jpg

On my way to the Marketplace (where Lauren and I were going to meet), I also admired the silhouette portraits, especially all of the characters!

m8ubHeV.jpg
yYarT0j.jpg

Into the Marketplace Co-op; if I had more money I could have bought everything here! Unfortunately didn’t take many photos since one hand was holding the bag of toys and one hand holding my future purchases! I loved all the artwork though

kkspLiH.jpg
ZSUqCLp.jpg

I eventually ended up with the Peter Pan plates & pillow (of course a month later they started selling these at Disneyland and still have them in stock, so it would have been more convenient than having to pack and bring them back from Florida). Lauren and I also got our dad a Star Wars button down shirt which we thought would be his style.

OuNAlGL.jpg
2Vikhia.jpg

I think I did a tiny bit of pin trading at Pin Traders, but nothing major (they had a mystery spinning box where you had to pick a side and that’s the pin board you chose your pin from)

We made one final stop at Days of Christmas, where I got my overall trip ornament-its the ear ornament with all 4 park icons and the monorail on it (so I ended up with 5 ornaments from this trip - overall Disney, Food & Wine, MNSSHP, Pop!, and POFQ).

q5jY9ul.jpg
qPww5li.jpg

There were so many other stores I wished I could have stopped at, but we just didn’t have time as our next FP was coming up and I wasn't able to push it later!

Cont...

Day 10, Part 4 Photopass fail!

We decided to take the ferry back to POFQ and were lucky that there was one at the dock, with the captain waiting for us to make it onboard before leaving. We had a peaceful ride up the “river”, admiring Disney Springs and Saratoga Springs, plus the Treehouse villas. I think I prefer the open sides of the Sassagoula ferries rather than the enclosed Friendship boats, though I guess in bad weather it wouldn't be as nice!

ZF9XuQy.jpg
588DKQ6.jpg

I kept trying to get Lauren’s attention for the aquacar, but I guess every time I pointed I turned my head and she couldn’t hear me!

DzRb70W.jpg
pAUuVnU.jpg
VAZ7CPB.jpg
1X5TFI0.jpg
Lbs1Aas.jpg

Plenty of trees down by the treehouses and I heard they had been evacuated during the storm.

We made it back to POFQ, where we dropped off our DS purchases and got changed to head to Hollywood Studios for the afternoon/evening. The theme today: Star Wars!

YKgkVxK.jpg

As a note, these would have been perfect for MNSSHP! Cool but also costumey. Too bad!

After taking those photos, it was time to make it over to Tower of Terror for our first fastpass (this was the one I couldn't change times for). It definitely felt more crowded than previous days (well except for Saturday, which was the crowdiest).

5hj3rQr.jpg

Anyone recognize my hand signals?

We then ping ponged back to the other side of the park, but first came across the ending of March of the First Order! I think this mini-parade is pretty cool! (Note: It should also be fun because they are bringing it to Disneyland this summer, along with a Rey meet and greet!)

airIO45.jpg

We had a Fastpass for Star Tours (we used our ToT fastpass at the very end of its time period), but I first stopped at the speeder bikes for a mini photo shoot (no PP guy there at that time)

D9v170l.jpg
WX2Behr.jpg

I love the outdoor queue area of Star Tours! I remember Lauren sending me photos of it when she visited with Joey and I was soooo jealous! She wouldn't take a photo with R2-D2 though.

GKK9R2z.jpg
KaKwKPj.jpg
6C9H30e.jpg
PzVWXz9.jpg
XHo6L7B.jpg

Neither of us was the Rebel Spy, though we did see the CM pick out a little boy and ask if he wanted to help, so we realized he would be the RS!

On our way out we found Jedi Stitch. Talking with the CM we found out about Rocker Stitch and Indiana Jones Stitch (we already knew about Bellhop Stitch, but the CM liked the idea of Jumbo Pin Trader Stitch we had seen the day before at Epcot).

F839vqL.jpg

We also found another PP who took a magic shot fail! He thought it’d be the Darth Vader-lightsaber :darth: but it ended up K2SO… It was also sort of weird that he took us to the chain link construction fence instead of a proper wall :confused3

4fvHQsG.jpg

Cont.. Continuing our Star Wars day

RIP Zebra Domes :(

I love Alex & Ani too. Funny that your sis originally didn't want to stop and then ending up buying 3!

I bought that same photo album! Still need to print out the pics to go in it, it's hard narrowing them down!

I love that DHS has Stitch dressed up in different forms.

First, woke up and admired the Pinocchio evacuation signage (Lauren rolled her eyes hardcore)
giphy.gif

YTOrDKk.jpg
I love the sisterly love... Probably the cutest fire route signs you will see.

We never venture to the resorts much for ADRs but this sure sounds like a great one! My husband loves Tusker House, so I bet this would be at the top of his list for our next trip
Def!!! We love BOMA. We don't make it every trip, as it is a bit of a pain to get there, but now that we use uber, I think it's a little easier.

but almost immediately gave them to a grandma and mom carrying small children; it wouldn't have been good karma to make them balance standing up while we were sitting down
It amazes me how many people don't do this! Especially when it's men!

When we arrived at Disney Springs, I realized my big mistake about the Zebra Domes, which were more like Zebra mush…

09z9RFp.jpg
1GBBYf3.jpg
Poor Zebra Domes... ;(

heard a gasp-“They have a narwhal!” I don’t know when or why, but my sister and her friends are obsessed with Narwhals!
Your sister and Morgan, Morgan has really cure Narwhal slippers and a giant plush narwhal that she got for Christmas.

including a turtle for September, which is our family’s "spirit animal"
Is it because you guys are slow moving? I feel like that should be ours (minus me).

I eventually ended up with the Peter Pan plates & pillow (of course a month later they started selling these at Disneyland and still have them in stock, so it would have been more convenient than having to pack and bring them back from Florida). Lauren and I also got our dad a Star Wars button down shirt which we thought would be his style.

OuNAlGL.jpg
2Vikhia.jpg
Only because you bought them, do they have it in Disneyland now. Love the shirt too! I wanted to get it for Andy but he would never wear it.

I got my overall trip ornament-its the ear ornament with all 4 park icons
I love the ears ornaments.

YKgkVxK.jpg

As a note, these would have been perfect for MNSSHP! Cool but also costumey. Too bad
Shirts are awesome! Def could for MNSSHP! Maybe another time.

We also found another PP who took a magic shot fail! He thought it’d be the Darth Vader-lightsaber :darth: but it ended up K2SO… It was also sort of weird that he took us to the chain link construction fence instead of a proper wall :confused3
4fvHQsG.jpg
This is hilarious! Why do you hate K2SO so much?

Loved reading about/seeing your productive morning at Disney Springs. For some reason I usually think of it as a PM option, but I like how you worked it in here - and bonus points for hopping on that boat! Glad you caught it with no wait.

However, none of these kids are super into Disney (I need to work on that)
Hahaha I would be thinking the same thing...

All the kids ended up liking their presents, with Maya giving Simba a huge hug!
Awwww! I'm glad!

I eventually ended up with the Peter Pan plates & pillow
Peter Pan Forever. Great pillow. I wonder if they have much Peter Pan merch in the parks...

But it was great to create a print-out memory (and I will probably try to print out parts of this TR to go in the back).
::yes:: You should DEFINITELY print the TR. It's great, and having a hard copy for the album will feel good, I'm sure!

but I first stopped at the speeder bikes for a mini photo shoot (no PP guy there at that time)
Cool photo setting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter