What’s everyone up to today?

HeatherC

Alas...these people I live with ...
It is a gorgeous day here. A little chilly still but bright sunshine and lots of blue sky. We have opened our pool, power washed the front steps and Adirondack chairs, been to Walmart for supplies and flowers.😁 and now having coffee on the deck. It may not be our typical Memorial Day weekend, but so far it’s a good one. What are you up to?

Zooming with my aunt and uncle in Australia. It will be the first time they’ve met my husband and the first time they’ve talked to my daughter in over 15 years (they do occasionally email, usually on her birthday and Christmas).

Had a family breakfast and then worked out. Dh is grocery shopping. Dd went to Target. It’s her 3rd time in two days since the stay at home was lifted :) I’m going to make brownies or focaccia bread later today. It depends whether DH can find yeast at the grocery store.

Watching youtube videos. Insanely busy week, so I am resting today. Oh and breaking up fights between the kids. :rolleyes1

Out for lunch at a restaurant with a lakeside patio as only outdoor dining is permitted here in CT. The weather was perfect and we thoroughly enjoyed it. First restaurant meal since March 14.

Mowing the grass.
watched a couple you tube videos of places that are opened up in Florida. One was a little theme park forgot the name. Other one was gator land.

Our long weekend was last weekend - Victoria Day in celebration of the Queen’s birthday. Named after Queen Victoria.

This is just a regular weekend.
I went to the dog park and now just doing laundry. Husband is mowing the lawn.
Might bake this evening .
Cooler with chance of rain here.

Did some sanding on the new picnic table we are building. Then I went for groceries, but stopped by the local nursery and pick up a flat of 50 vinca minor plants for under our pine trees. Then I grocery shopped, ate some lunch, fixed some issues with google indexing our church website, then I sanded some more, then I mowed. My wife and daughter are finishing up the painting and staining, then we are assembling tomorrow. Gonna walk the dogs, then make crab cakes for dinner.

I'm having some coffee and enjoying the quiet of the house, which is not usually the case but everyone else went out. I've been sitting here at my desk watching YouTube videos while I work on a blanket I'm crocheting. I plan on being completely lazy for the rest of the day and evening.

Today is overcast and kind of chilly, but tomorrow is going to be 80 and mostly sunny. I am sitting here grading as many 5 paragraph essays as I can, so I can go to the river tomorrow. I have to get out of this house before I get severely depressed. I've been so overwhelmed with work that I've only left the house once a week to do the marketing and run errands. It's also been rainy for the last couple of weeks. I feel like a hermit, and thinking about how my job as a teacher will be next year is super depressing. It is so not good for my social butterfly self.

I'm going to dag DD21 with me tomorrow. She broke up with her boyfriend of 1.5 years last week, so she's very sad and lonely. It's going to be a long summer at my house, but at least she does have a virtual Summer Internship and will be working from 9:00 - 6:00 Monday through Friday. The men in the family have had golf to enjoy while DD did a ton of outdoor stuff with her boyfriend. She's really going to miss that.

I do have something fun at school on Thursday. We are going to caravan around town to do a drive by car parade celebration and deliver graduation signs to our 8th graders. I am really looking forward to it!

Scrubbed our deck and the kids' outdoor toys. Took care of a couple wasp nests that they had started. Planted some vegetables. The kids played in the creek out back. It's a gorgeous day and we can't go much of anywhere, so it was nice to get some things accomplished at home and still enjoy the weather. Later we'll enjoy dinner on the nice clean deck. :)

My dd and I went to Mass this morning(so glad to be back!) and I've spent the wet, chilly day finishing up a crochet frog (somewhat Princess and the Frog themed) blanket for my grandson who will be born in a few short weeks.
I'm not even making supper. It's everyone fend for yourselves tonight :) And I'm sure it will be mostly the same tomorrow. Except for supper. I'll fix supper!

It's raining and very windy here so we didn't get to our inaugural jump into the pool today as I had hoped. Hopefully, we won't lose any more tree limbs. DS9 had his music recital for his private vocal teacher via zoom. Everyone else played classical music on the piano so he stood out when he sang "Best Day of My Life." I'm also doing laundry and I had an Instacart delivery from Sam's Club. Luckily, our grill is undercover so my DH can still grill some steaks.

Just got home from work. Ughhhh. Was too tired to cook so the hubs and I ordered take out from the pricey BBQ place that we like and called it out meet-aversary dinner. XD Our first date was memorial day 2007.

Had pancakes for breakfast, went grocery shopping, ran to Lowe’s and Menards to get some more supplies for our front steps my husband built yesterday and now I’m making an earlish dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter