What’s everyone up to today?

Transplanted some veggies plants to bigger pots. Cooked breakfast lunch and dinner. Laundry. Baked banana-blueberry muffins. Unboxed and built two sets of new shelves for the garage, then filled them up. Now waiting for my show to start on HBO.

What are you up to?
Well, I found an old boxed streusel cake in the cupboard - I gave it a shot. Nope! No good. Tossed it.

Then I moved on to making new face masks for everyone. The first ones I made are nice, but they have straps that go around the head. In preparation for when the barber shop opens, I made masks that have ear straps, so everyone won't have to remove them when getting their haircuts.

A different kind of Memorial Day weekend. Iffy weather for the most part although Sunday was quite nice.
Saturday was supposed to be a produce buying day but didn't like the quality of the goods although they were well stocked. Bought nothing but a freshly made pizza pie and an avocado for .

Sunday, took a commuter train up to elder sister's house and did some work in her veggie garden, ate a picnic meal on her garden terrace and watched the river traffic glide by; lots of sailboats which always makes me feel relaxed. She wasn't there so it felt a bit strange but we know each other's homes well enough to function w/o the others' presence.

Today, the muscles I forgot I had ache so it's a welcomed sprawl in the house day. If I can collect the energy would be nice to give the man and self a pedicure. The toosties look awfully prehistoric.

Definitely not our normal holiday weekend. This is typically our kick off to summer and we go somewhere.

And added disappointment, dd getting the predicted (but still heartbreaking for a kid) news that all of her summer camps were canceled. (Tears were shed on this one. I have to admit she’s been a rock and so mature handling all this, but that news was the straw that broke the camels back.) 😢

Friday was last day of school for dd. She finished her final presentation at noon. One of her friends has a swimming pool and invited her over (social distancing, outside) so we said yes. I figured if restaurants can open outside, she can swim at her friends. I don’t want to hear if you disapprove, too late. Dh and I picked her up and had a social distancing happy hour with parents that evening. It was the first time all of us have socialized since March. Boy, it felt great! And I’m an introvert!!

Saturday, not much. Picked up the paint for our office (painting begins tomorrow), had dd try on some new summer clothes that arrived - major growth spurt left her with no summer wardrobe, and did laundry. Tried a new instant pot meal. Eh, edible, but won’t make it into rotation.

Today. Just got done weeding and deep cleaning patio furniture. On my deck now with a beer to relax before hopping in shower. Rain is predicted, so I wanted to enjoy the outside a bit. New chicken recipe tonight, 🤞🏻it’s better than last nights meal. Probably end the night watching a few episodes of our new binge show, Bloodline.

I did barn chores yesterday morning and then had about a 2 hour horseback ride. Weather was perfect. I picked up some plants in the afternoon which I planted this morning.

Got myself a new heavy duty power washer for Mom's day, so started washing down the wrap around porch and trim today. Finished up some fields that I've been bush hogging. Just tossed in a load of wash and I'm about to pour a glass of wine. Then I'll eventually get the grill on and make something for dinner!

Hanging out at home, watching Magnum PI marathon on the screened porch. It's a nice day. We got together with family on Saturday since son just started a new job and worked yesterday and today.

Woke up this morning to a huge chunk of our Bradford Pear tree down in our front yard. It stretched through the yard and into the street. That was fun.

I have pretty much been bed bound. Saturday morning while doing chores something twinged in my back. No idea what I did. I was putting away dishes. Nothing crazy. Once I was finished, I went and sat down. About an hour later I got up again and it was blinding pain. My legs could barely hold me up. I have had back issues before, but nothing this bad. I had almost no strength in my legs, the pain was horrible, I couldn't straighten up, I was curled up in bed in tears.

Sunday wasn't much better. It took me 45 minutes that morning to move from laying on my side to sitting up without added support to prop me off. Then it took another 30 minutes to get to my feet and to the bathroom.

Today has been better, but still quite a bit of pain. Muscles do seem to loosen up faster so I can walk a bit easier. I was able to do some cooking though I had to sit on a stool to do it. Everything takes twice as long to do and takes a bunch more energy. Just going to and from the bathroom has me tired. The pain has me SO worn out.

I hope you feel better @LilyWDW. :flower3:

We went to the cemetery then had seafood in a scenic spot by the ocean followed by a nice walk along the water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!