What’s the point in spamming the Disboards?

happily single

Left foot first!
I just noticed many what I assume to be spam accounts posting on the Disboards.

I’ve seen at least 3-4 different usernames, all “Earning my ears” And their posts are all in what I assume to be Chinese. These posts have been made in many different forums.

What’s the point?

money, money, money, you could bet they have some type of equation, every 100 post on boards, brings in 5;dollars. ad so the more they post the morn money, in theory

I just noticed many what I assume to be spam accounts posting on the Disboards.

I’ve seen at least 3-4 different usernames, all “Earning my ears” And their posts are all in what I assume to be Chinese. These posts have been made in many different forums.

What’s the point?
If you are referring to the posts which I'm thinking of, those posts are in Korean and are, so I've been told, some kind of financial scam/scheme. Who knows why the spammers do what they do? All I know is that as soon as you see one of those posts, hit the "report" button! That will help the mods clean them up quickly!

Probably the same point when I get spam phone calls in Chinese

We kept getting the Chinese spam calls at our office. The company was in financial trouble so we were letting all calls go to voice mail. Coincidentally, I worked with a girl who was here on a visa from China. The first couple calls we thought that maybe someone she knew was calling to talk to her and had left her a message. She listened to all the messages. She said they claimed the company owed money to the Chinese government and to send money to the Chinese embassy in NY and gave an address and amount to send. She said it was very funny because what they were saying didn't make any sense and that no one who spoke chinese would fall for it.

They're bots. Luckily we don't get as many as we have in the past thanks to the admins. A couple of years ago we were getting slammed with so many posts on various boards that we were spending hours cleaning them up because the bots kept coming up with new user names and hitting us throughout the night (ugh).

Sure appreciate all of you that report them and help us clean them up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!