What a nightmare - but fun ! PTR

ThBa

DIS Veteran
Hello from Germany !

As always I firstly would like to say thanks to all the fellow DISers here on the board. You helped me a lot with your opinions, experience and it’s always a lot of fun to read and post on this board…even with my horrible English.

Here we go…..my first PTR and I would like to share it with you

The Cast:

Myself (40 years)

My wonderful wife (42 years)

And my fantastic daughters (6 and 11 years)

Our last trip was this January and it was a wonderful and magical trip. It was so fantastic that we planned to go back the moment we were at home again.

So our plan was to go back to the Magic from 03.01.12 until 08.01.12. I often checked the Disneyland Paris sites from Ireland and the Netherlands to book with a good offer.

A few weeks ago, the Irish site gets a 40% offer and it was time for us to book. We stayed at the Cheyenne last time and it was a great hotel. The bunk beds were our daughters favourite and we had a lot of fun there. But we want to see something else, so we decided to look after the SQL.

But we were too slow, because suddenly there was no more 40% for the SQL, only for the Admirals Floor at Newport Bay Club.

This would be expensive for us, but the Newport Bay Club was interesting. After reading some threads and asking a lot of questions, I thought the extra price was not worth it.

So we were at the beginning with our booking when suddenly something new happened.

There was a competition at our local newspaper which was run by the Disney Company. They asked to send in some drawings or stories about your personal magical moment at Disneyland Paris.

My daughters draw pictures from the Cinderella Castle (their favourite) and we sent it to the competition. A few days later we received a letter that we won and they send us a voucher about 200,-€ for our next trip. You can not imagine how much fun and pride we had.

With the new situation we had to plan again. Now it would be possible to book a better hotel and we even thought about the New York.

I phoned Disney to book with my voucher, but they told me, that this was only valuable for travelling until the end of October.

Well….we could go in October but we could not use our voucher with other offers. So it was too expensive for us….even with our win.

My daughters were very disappointed and sad, so the planning started at the beginning.

Again we looked for the time in January, but the 40% offer for the Admirals Floor was gone, too. There was only a 25% offer for the Cheyenne and 25% for the SQL Montana Room. I don’t want to stay at the Lodges with my daughters at that time of the year. So we decided to book the Cheyenne again.

Today I found a 40% offer for a SQL Main Building room. I have to pay only 42,80 € more for booking the SQL and not the Cheyenne, which is a fantastic price.

So I’ve booked …SQL Main Building …… and I can not wait to tell my daughters when I’m back home from office today.

And I have another surprise for them:

I have booked another day for us, because they could not use their winning voucher.

So we will return from 02.01.12 until 08.01.12 to the wonderful world of Walt Disney!

:worship: :cool1: :thumbsup2 :banana: :woohoo: :yay::dance3:

Thorsten

Sounds like a fantastic trip you have planned. How did telling them go?
What are your must dos? :wizard:

It's great that your DDs won the competition :thumbsup2 it will make the holiday seem even more magical. :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter