What Airport w/DL & Southern Calif City Pass?

PrincessAbby'sMom

DIS Veteran
What is the easiest airport to use? What is the cheapest? We will be doing the Southern California City Pass. I was 1st told on a Thread that you have to use atleast 1 DL ticket 1st, then I was told you didn't. I don't know where to start 1st - DL, Universal, Sea World, San Diego Zoo, etc.??? Any suggestions? :confused3

It frequently costs no more to fly into one Southern California airport and out of another (instead of in and out of the same airport), so you might consider doing that.

The distances are large -- about 130 miles between Universal Studios and the San Diego Zoo -- so you can save yourself a lot of driving by starting at one end (San Diego) and departing from the other (LAX and Burbank airports are closest to Universal).

Mary
MouseSavers.com

Can't comment on the airport as we always drive, but most people like to use SNA/John Wayne. They say it's easiest and closest.

As far as the citypass, unless something has changed very recently, we used our San Diego portion first and had no problems whatsoever. It doesn't say anywhere on the ticket about using Disney first!

I personally always start in San Diego because I have to do DL last. It's just the right way to end the trip. If I do it in reverse, I'm just not as excited and always wishing I was still at DL. Don't get me wrong I love Sea World and the Zoo, but it's more fun to build up to the best for last!!

Andrea

Yes, if you are only going to Disneyland, SNA is closest, followed by Long Beach and Ontario. However, for someone who is planning to visit all of the attractions included in a Citypass, flying into SNA (which is in the middle) may not make the most sense.

BTW, on my site I have a full list of the Southern California airports and I discuss which ones are closest to what attractions.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

I believe that you only have to use the CityPass at DL first if you purchase it with a Disney or AAA package. I purchased mine directly from CityPass and we used the San Diego portions first. We flew in to San Diego airport and out of SNA for no extra charge with Alaska Airlines. Worked out great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter